Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R. Williams

[quote][i]Originally posted by borg[/i]@May 15 2004, 07:12 AM
    [b] Saturday Florida Paper hammering the Fish
    [url=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-skolnick15may15,0,3155365.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...-dolphins-front[/url] [/b][/quote]
    "The owner telling reporters he had decided his coach's fate, creating a charade while making that coach wait before stripping his personnel power. [b]The future Hall of Fame quarterback accepting a job, then calling an audible. [/b] A general manager search catching criticism after an in-house promotion. A new offensive coordinator appointed, then stepping aside. An inexperienced quarterback signed to compete with an unpopular one surprisingly retained. Two attractive free-agent linemen shunning South Florida. Another free-agent lineman failing his physical. The owner blaming the kicker. The sack leader threatening a holdout. The coach calling out the stumbling new receiver. The second-year linebacker charged after a fight. A rookie cornerback charged with DUI." --- LOL

What do they mean "The future Hall of Fame quarterback accepting a job, then calling an audible."?? What hall of fame QB are they talking about????

Dan Marino deciding he didn't want the job.

Marino.

He accepted a player personel-like job, then quit after he threw one of his hissy fits like the ones he threw after every interception of his entire career.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by suprjet+May 17 2004, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (suprjet @ May 17 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--borg[/i]@May 15 2004, 07:12 AM
    [b] Saturday Florida Paper hammering the Fish
    [url=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-skolnick15may15,0,3155365.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/footbal...-dolphins-front[/url] [/b][/quote]
    "The owner telling reporters he had decided his coach&#39;s fate, creating a charade while making that coach wait before stripping his personnel power. [b]The future Hall of Fame quarterback accepting a job, then calling an audible. [/b] A general manager search catching criticism after an in-house promotion. A new offensive coordinator appointed, then stepping aside. An inexperienced quarterback signed to compete with an unpopular one surprisingly retained. Two attractive free-agent linemen shunning South Florida. Another free-agent lineman failing his physical. The owner blaming the kicker. The sack leader threatening a holdout. The coach calling out the stumbling new receiver. The second-year linebacker charged after a fight. A rookie cornerback charged with DUI." --- LOL

What do they mean "The future Hall of Fame quarterback accepting a job, then calling an audible."?? What hall of fame QB are they talking about???? [/b][/quote]
    Why surely you jest :o .

The worst part of all those bad things is that our LB (Corey Jenkins) who got into the fight got his ass kicked. He was knocked unconscious from a punch. They needed smelling salts to bring him back. Damn, how embarrasing for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Whate ever you think of pot, Williams signed a contract and was advised of the NFL&#39;s drug testing policy as negotiated with the union that represents him. There were no surprises here. Ergo, to risk his paycheck and his teammates his services for 1/4 of the season, he is a total dumbass.

It gets worse and worse in Miami. 2-14 on the way&#33;

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@May 17 2004, 04:09 PM
    [b] Whate ever you think of pot, Williams signed a contract and was advised of the NFL&#39;s drug testing policy as negotiated with the union that represents him. There were no surprises here. Ergo, to risk his paycheck and his teammates his services for 1/4 of the season, he is a total dumbass.

It gets worse and worse in Miami. 2-14 on the way&#33; [/b][/quote]
    agreed with everything you say except for the 2-14. 2-14?? Put down the bowl buddy. 12-4----minimum. 13-3 most likely. 14-2-----likely. 15-1----possible. 16-0----an outside shot. Yes, you&#39;ve heard it here 1st.

People arguing whether pot should be legal or not, what harm it does or doesn&#39;t do is all a moot point. Personally I don&#39;t see a big deal w/ pot...HOWEVER, as an NFL player you are told of the consequences of doing drugs. Like it or not, bad for you or not, if caught you face severe penalties. It&#39;s not worth the risk. It&#39;s not like cocaine where you&#39;re physically addicted and can&#39;t help but use, it&#39;s marijuana.....DON&#39;T DO IT&#33;&#33;&#33; That simple.......when your career is through, smoke up buddy.

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    agree with you DW this is a person&#39;s dream to get paid tons of money to play the game they love.....

Don&#39;t do it >>> why would they risk that look at that 800k he is going to loose if it&#39;s postive...

that&#39;s alot of money to loose even if you make ton&#39;s of money...

the fins by the way no way 13-3 , 14-2 come on better like 8-8...

see you in Oct..

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@May 17 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b]
    The worst part of all those bad things is that our LB (Corey Jenkins) who got into the fight got his ass kicked. He was knocked unconscious from a punch. [/b][/quote]

DW- What was the girl&#39;s name who leveled Jenkins?

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 17 2004, 04:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 17 2004, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@May 17 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b]
    The worst part of all those bad things is that our LB (Corey Jenkins) who got into the fight got his ass kicked. He was knocked unconscious from a punch. [/b][/quote]

DW- What was the girl&#39;s name who leveled Jenkins? [/b][/quote]
    Girl?? If someone knocked out a member of a Dolphin from Miami, he must be a huge bad ass mo-fo. Someone that would make Tyson quiver with fear. The guy must be super-human.

Nyrican, we&#39;ll see you in Oct. Looking forward

The fact that they test for weed in the NFL is purely ridiculous. In no way is it performance enhancing. It&#39;s just plain stupid. In the workforce it&#39;s all about insurance but in the NFL there is no reason for it.

All Pro
    Someone send Ricky a care package with some "special" baked goodies.

&#39;Dear Ricky, I "baked" you some brownies, hope you like them
    Love Mom"

:D

mmm...... brownies.....