Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your "Jets Habit"

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say my wife an mother- in-law (yes mother-in-law) border on
    awesome! They know that Sunday at 1 o'clock I'll be in front of the big screen
    with my brother and friends. And most importantly they know that nothing
    supersedes that! And for my birthday a few weeks ago, my wife bought me a Jets
    (callaway) golf bag with Jets headcovers! Her mother bought me a Pennington jersey
    and the latest Jets hat. Am I spoiled or what! Don't let anyone tell you its all down hill
    after 40! It just keeps getting better!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife does not like football at all. But she knows that every Sunday I won't be around as I'll be off to Rafters Sportsbar to watch games all day long and she is fine with that. She is a baseball fan and has started to play golf, though. But at least I have football all to my self. I have no problem with her not liking the game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    originally my wife didn't like sports. After a few years she now sits next to me yelling and screaming at the TV during games.
    She just doesn't understand why I have to watch EVERY game, not just the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jersey girls are the best and mine is as big a Jets fan as me in fact she'll tell ME when something is goin on in the news about the Green And White

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    my wife knows that jets day is my day......my wife always participates in jets gameday!!! as time goes on she bleeds green right along with me......she has no prob with my jets addiction....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abosulutely supports the habit, in fact she feeds the habit. Sometimes I think she knows more about football than I do. This house definitly bleeds green 24/7! Except of course when the Yankees are on, then we do have to switch gears, but only momentarily.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At first she thought I was foolin around on the internet now she`s comin around to jetball! she also knows I live fah jetball on game day! recently she started readin all the post here...she still think Tom shane is a crimee with that avatar of his, am not kiddin either! :o

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife is great about everything. She puts up with all of my games, road trips, purchases, tattoos, and everything else.

If anything, she's become a Jets fan herself, although they will never surpass her love for the Packers. Going to a Jets game alone is not an option because she insists on coming along which is fine with me.

She's great about everything. So she won't mind when I make the future kid into a Jets fan as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW gunman! I see your nominated to be inducted in the HALL! have you prepared your acceptance speech yet! congrats dude! you hallafamer you! :D

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    about a year, maybe two years ago, there was a funny thread posted on the (mandatory) protocal in a bretherns' house on game day. He wrote that no one talks during the game and his friends can only sit on the couch if they are a Jets fan. If they're not, they can't cheer against the Jets or they will be excuse to LEAVE.

The phone is disconnected, etc, etc. (god help the wife who cheers against the Jets).

Funny thing is, he sort of sounded like me.

We Jets fans are a specific breed....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife has understood my Jets obsession since we started dating (been married 9 years now) and is very supportive. She has become quite a fan herself and looks forward to our annual trip to the Meadowlands. In fact, when we moved last year she agreed to my sole requirement that the house have a basement for the sole purpose of me taking it over to create my own Jets bar.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DrJet18[/i]@May 15 2004, 09:36 AM
    [b] She just doesn't understand why I have to watch EVERY game, not just the Jets. [/b][/quote]
    my wife's the same way - why is that?!?!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]That Sunday That Summer [/b]

[i]If I had to choose just one day
    To last my whole life through
    It would surely be that Sunday
    The day that I met you

Newborn whippoorwills were calling from the hills
    Summer was a-coming in but fast
    Lots of daffodils were showing off their skills
    Nodding all together, I could almost hear them whisper
    "Go on, kiss her, go on and kiss her"

If I had to choose one moment
    To live within my heart
    It would be that tender moment
    Recalling how we started
    Darling, it would be when you smiled at me
    That way, that Sunday, that summer[/i]

You down wit' NKC?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got it made!! My wife's a Buc's fan( we live in Fla) and at gametime on Sunday we'll be at the local sport's pub watching the games. We bet who will win their respective games and the loser has to pick up the tab!!! I really make out as she only drinks ice tea!!I hope we go 16-0!!!! :D :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Divorced!!!!! no not because of the Jets. My girlfriend understands. I fly a Jets banner out side my front door on game day and all the Dolphin fans who live around me just LOVE ME.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife isn't as supprting as some of you guys but come hell or high water I'm watching the Jets!

We've gotten to the point where we work around each others schedules, of course for me that's a three hour block out on Game day.

Once she sicced our 2 year daughter on me for like the first half. Ever try to really watch a Jet game with a two year old? :o

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well if it wasn't for my wife i would not have my Jets season tickets right now... when me and my wife were just dating she knew someone with tickets... he was sick and would sell me the tickets game to game - when he was told that he didn't have much time left he signed them over to me

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 40th? Birthday PenJet. Albeit belated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say my girl is the best,she a gmen fan but loves the JETS more just won't admit it yet.she's a die hard but always is wearing my JETS gear.Is more than happy to go to S.D and Az to see the JETS but never once asked to go to giants.Is more than happy to watch the JETS on tv and sleeps thru the gmen.And now is a METS and nets fan too.The best part is she chose aug. for our wedding so not to conflict with any sporting event.and loves to drive the cart when i golf.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have the best and worst of it.

My wife LOVES football. She follows it during the season, watches the draft with me, goes to games, wears her jersey (no face painting yet), participates in football pools, the whole nine years (or 10). She is constantly amazing people with her knowledge of the players, stats, positions, coaches. She watches every game, pre-game show, Inside the NFL, etc with me.

That is the good part.

The bad part is she is a Dolphins fan.

And hates the Jets.

:)

But, when I had a chance to get Jets season tickets, she was 100% for it. She might not want to go to every game (cause she would miss her Dolphins on DirecTV) but she will go and enjoy the fun when she can.

BZ