Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMARTY JONES!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this horse s the real deal. Blew away the rest of the field

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the same thing last year when i froze my ass off last year drenched at Belmont.

I got hammered though..

def goin again this year...hopin for the triple crown

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said it before the Derby. Great horse. Great jockey. I believe the terms the "experts" have been using about the jockey, even after the Derby, have been "journeyman" and "unknown". Wonder what they think now? ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know nothing about betting horses. My buddy went to the OTB and my bet was an exacta box with Smarty, Lionheart and Eddington. With Smarty and Lionheart finishing 1/2 is this a winner and if so how much did my 12.00 bet get me. Thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This ain't Funny Cide and this ain't any number of horses who won the Derby and Preakness only to be beaten in the Belmont

This animal is a SUPER HORSE

Just won the Preakness by the largest margain of victory in Preakness history

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ... BY 12 LENGTHS ... IN A MILE AND 3/16ths RACE ... THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!

My friends, I never thought I would say this about any horse, but that performance today was almost Secretariat-esque

As the Preakness Goes, that was reminicent of BIG RED at the Belmont ... he left those other horses so far in his dust they were off the television screen ... left them in tatters ... beaten, battered, and bloodlied

Absolutey obliterated the field ... OBLITERATED ... beat those animals damn near to death

That wasn't a horse race ... it was a massacre!!

So thoroughly did he smash the opposition that you heard opposing Jockey's all but conceding the Triple Crown to this freak ... and you never hear Jockey's talk that way about someone elses horse ... these cats never concede an inch!!

Gary Steven came right out and said, we have some really good horses here, they were just born in the wrong year ... we may have seen history today ... we may have seen the next Triple Crown winner

And this from a HOF Jockey who will no doubt be challenging Smarty Jones in the Belmont

They Know ... THEY KNOW ... THEY ALL KNOW IT NOW!!

This horse is a SUPER HORSE ... end of story

PS. Matt, this time you won't be going to Belmont simply to get drunk ... this time you'll witness history B)

This horse is winning the Triple Crown ... none of these nags can beat this colossal beast!!

This horse can't possibly be beat!!

Not by any of these horses ... if you wanna beat Smarty Jones, you better bring Secretariat back from the Grave ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GJ&H...lol last year I was convinced Funny Cide was gonna do it.

add in 4 30 racks of bud ice and then your bascially telling yoursefl its gonna happen.

Unfortunately it didnt.

Il never forget that day last year...drenched, frozen and destroyed.

Great times though.

BYOB....cant beat that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DBAKE[/i]@May 15 2004, 06:46 PM
    [b] I know nothing about betting horses. My buddy went to the OTB and my bet was an exacta box with Smarty, Lionheart and Eddington. With Smarty and Lionheart finishing 1/2 is this a winner and if so how much did my 12.00 bet get me. Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately for you, Rock Hard Ten came in second, not Lionheart. That paid about $24 on a $2 exacta bet. Don't be discouraged, the ponies are fun.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@May 15 2004, 06:41 PM
    [b] I said it before the Derby. Great horse. Great jockey. I believe the terms the "experts" have been using about the jockey, even after the Derby, have been "journeyman" and "unknown". Wonder what they think now? ;) [/b][/quote]
    DM, I'd love to see who's gonna doubt this SUPER HORSE now ... after he beat them nags damn near to death :lol:

They all know it, now ... we are only weeks away from adding the name "Smarty Jones" to the most exclusive club in horse racing ... few weeks away from the first Triple Crown winner in 26 Years ... and this horse is worthy of breaking the drought

It should have been a SUPER HORSE to break the drought, and we have found a SUPER HORSE ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@May 15 2004, 07:15 PM
    [b] GJ&H...lol last year I was convinced Funny Cide was gonna do it.

add in 4 30 racks of bud ice and then your bascially telling yoursefl its gonna happen.

Unfortunately it didnt.

Il never forget that day last year...drenched, frozen and destroyed.

Great times though.

BYOB....cant beat that. [/b][/quote]
    Matt, did you watch the Preakness? :blink:

Do you realize what happened out there today ... that was the most dominant performance since BIG RED at the Belmont

This is no Funny Cide ... this horse is an animal :D ... a once in a generation freak

I kid you not ... when this horse was opening up that colossal lead down the stretch, I got flashbacks of BIG RED himself

That was an amazing sight to behold ... looked like he was shot out of a cannon ... largest margain of victory in Preakness history ... absolutely crushed his opposition and damn near left them for dead

Oh no, this is no Funny Cide ... this horse comes around once in a generation ... an undefeated beast who is ON A MISSION

Three weeks from today ... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm gonna be at Belmont. Luckily for me I only live like a quarter of a mile away so I don't have to put up with the driving. The only thing I hate is that my town turns into nyc with all the traffic we get. It's funny my old high school is across the street and when we went outside for phys ed we'd always smell the horse s**t and think it was disgusting. Now I smell it and say "The smell of money." :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+May 15 2004, 07:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ May 15 2004, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dmaynard[/i]@May 15 2004, 06:41 PM
    [b] I said it before the Derby. Great horse. Great jockey. I believe the terms the "experts" have been using about the jockey, even after the Derby, have been "journeyman" and "unknown". Wonder what they think now? ;) [/b][/quote]
    DM, I&#39;d love to see who&#39;s gonna doubt this SUPER HORSE now ... after he beat them nags damn near to death :lol:

They all know it, now ... we are only weeks away from adding the name "Smarty Jones" to the most exclusive club in horse racing ... few weeks away from the first Triple Crown winner in 26 Years ... and this horse is worthy of breaking the drought

It should have been a SUPER HORSE to break the drought, and we have found a SUPER HORSE ;) [/b][/quote]
    GJ&H, they haven&#39;t made a band wagon big enough to support the jumper on &#39;ers you are going to see now. ;)

I go to Philly Park all the time. This jockey is great and the word around town has been that this trainer has known for awhile that he has a superhorse. Anyone with eyesight knows it now.

We may see the closest thing to the 73 Belmont yet. 31 lengths? I don&#39;t know about that, but I think Smarty will do the Triple Crown with an exclaimation point like the Great One did in 73.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this horse people...Ham is right

He is a once in a lifetime horse

Did not see Big Red.......but watching this horse blow away the field....the only horse I could think of was big Red&#33;&#33;

Great to watch

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    cant wait for belmont

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@May 15 2004, 07:48 PM
    [b] cant wait for belmont [/b][/quote]
    When is it... i wanna get down there for it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@May 15 2004, 07:38 PM
    [b] GJ&H, they haven&#39;t made a band wagon big enough to support the jumper on &#39;ers you are going to see now. ;)

I go to Philly Park all the time. This jockey is great and the word around town has been that this trainer has known for awhile that he has a superhorse. Anyone with eyesight knows it now.

We may see the closest thing to the 73 Belmont yet. 31 lengths? I don&#39;t know about that, but I think Smarty will do the Triple Crown with an exclaimation point like the Great One did in 73. [/b][/quote]
    DM, I had a hunch the trainer was laying low ... knew he had a freak on his hands but was trying to keep it on the QT ... just by some of the comments that would occassionally slip out like, "I know we have a loaded gun"

But the secret is out now ... everyone knows what this horse is all about now ... they all know this is a once in a generation superhorse

I&#39;m not talkin about fans/bettors and media ... I&#39;m talkin about hardened racing people ... Jockey&#39;s, Trainers, Owners, etc ... they know it now too, and maybe more than any of us

This horse is an animal :D

But seriously, and I say this to Jon as well ... wanna know what words came to mind when this horse was leaving the rest of the field in his dust?

[b][SIZE=3][color=blue]"He is moving like a tremendous machine"[/color][/SIZE][/b]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFutureGM+May 15 2004, 09:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsFutureGM @ May 15 2004, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Matt39[/i]@May 15 2004, 07:48 PM
    [b] cant wait for belmont [/b][/quote]
    When is it... i wanna get down there for it. [/b][/quote]
    june 5th

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can gloat for 2 minutes (and only two minutes)?

My post from the Preakness thread:

[i][color=blue]Posted: May 13 2004, 01:40 PM

Can&#39;t count the number of ways I&#39;ve looked at this race. After 25+ years, I love the idea of a triple crown. In the end, though, I&#39;m figuring the only to aggressively bet the race is with the exacta. I&#39;m boxing Smarty and Rock Hard. Smarty, because the horse has speed, enough stamina, and the heart of a champ. Rock Hard Ten, because he&#39;s been consistent in both workouts and stakes. Could be that I&#39;m just blinded by the fact that he LOOKS like a great racehorse.[/color][/i]

Beyond my recent financial good fortune, you know why I love horseracing so much? Sure, these animals get pampered; and sure, the game is all about money. But a horse like Smarty just #&#036;*king runs to the front because it&#39;s in his nature. A guy like Ty Law complains that he&#39;s "gotta eat," and players flip teams constantly looking for the bigger paycheck. Smarty, though, runs because his heart tells him that winning the race is the thing to do. He doesn&#39;t know that a lifetime of sex and organic carrots is right in front of him. I know the horseracing game isn&#39;t for everyone. For me, though, I just get goosebumps. Whether or not he wins Belmont in 3 weeks, this horse is a champ. It&#39;s what we hope to see in [b]all [/b]our favorite athletes.

Smarty&#39;s a champ, in the purest sense. But, here&#39;s the problem -- that horse will never be happy lounging in the paddock. Because of his nature, he&#39;s GOT to compete. And, eventually, his stalking will fall two lengths shy. I wonder what will be going on in Smarty Jones&#39; head that day. Something he will have never seen before.

Peace, all. A great day for sport.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Rah[/i]@May 15 2004, 09:30 PM
    [b] Can gloat for 2 minutes (and only two minutes)?

My post from the Preakness thread:

[i][color=blue]Posted: May 13 2004, 01:40 PM

Can&#39;t count the number of ways I&#39;ve looked at this race. After 25+ years, I love the idea of a triple crown. In the end, though, I&#39;m figuring the only to aggressively bet the race is with the exacta. I&#39;m boxing Smarty and Rock Hard. Smarty, because the horse has speed, enough stamina, and the heart of a champ. Rock Hard Ten, because he&#39;s been consistent in both workouts and stakes. Could be that I&#39;m just blinded by the fact that he LOOKS like a great racehorse.[/color][/i]

Beyond my recent financial good fortune, you know why I love horseracing so much? Sure, these animals get pampered; and sure, the game is all about money. But a horse like Smarty just #&#036;*king runs to the front because it&#39;s in his nature. A guy like Ty Law complains that he&#39;s "gotta eat," and players flip teams constantly looking for the bigger paycheck. Smarty, though, runs because his heart tells him that winning the race is the thing to do. He doesn&#39;t know that a lifetime of sex and organic carrots is right in front of him. I know the horseracing game isn&#39;t for everyone. For me, though, I just get goosebumps. Whether or not he wins Belmont in 3 weeks, this horse is a champ. It&#39;s what we hope to see in [b]all [/b]our favorite athletes.

Smarty&#39;s a champ, in the purest sense. But, here&#39;s the problem -- that horse will never be happy lounging in the paddock. Because of his nature, he&#39;s GOT to compete. And, eventually, his stalking will fall two lengths shy. I wonder what will be going on in Smarty Jones&#39; head that day. Something he will have never seen before.

Peace, all. A great day for sport. [/b][/quote]
    Well said. There is something pure about horseracing that is hard to describe. But you can feel it. I get those same goosebumps. These are magnificent creatures.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don&#39;t know what the time looked like, but he sure runs holes in the wind. Any doubt was eliminated today. Special horse. Not many good horses coming out of Kentucky these days, but if a West Virginia bred wins the Derby next year I quit. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Secratariat comparsion is way too early. But he was running away with it down the stretch and not killing himself. Whcih leads me to believe that the mile and a half Belmont distance means nothing. He could&#39;ve run another mile today and no one was catching him. The jockey didn&#39;t whip him and even got up toward the end. Only problem is he may not face much competition off today&#39;s romp, but that doens&#39;t lessen his greatness. The only way you&#39;re making money in on exactas and tris.

Think of this-hs owner is in line for his second &#036; 5 million bonus in 3 races.