Thread: More Boxing News

Hall Of Fame
    Friday, May 14, 2004

Associated Press
    LAS VEGAS -- Felix "Tito" Trinidad will come out of retirement to fight former welterweight champion Ricardo Mayorga on Oct. 2.

Trinidad, who hasn't fought in two years, is scheduled to appear at a Saturday news conference with promoter Don King to make the fight official.

Trinidad retired one fight after he was stopped by Bernard Hopkins in a middleweight title unification fight in September 2001. He has said for months he planned to return to the ring, but a series of opponents fell through.

Oscar De La Hoya wanted to fight Trinidad in a rematch of the 1999 fight Trinidad won by decision, but said he couldn't get him interested. Trinidad was going to fight Shane Mosley, but then Mosley lost to Winky Wright.

Bitter
    Whoopie!! Trinidad is back and nobody cares. He should have stayed retired.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@May 16 2004, 02:51 AM
    [b] Whoopie!! Trinidad is back and nobody cares. He should have stayed retired. [/b][/quote]
    you're wrong alot of people care and will buy his fights, its good for the sport

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Screw Trinidad

Hopkins kicked his ass....and was too scared to fight Oscar being that he knew he lost to Oscar the first time!!

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 16 2004, 10:02 AM
    [b] Screw Trinidad

Hopkins kicked his ass....and was too scared to fight Oscar being that he knew he lost to Oscar the first time!! [/b][/quote]
    word...