Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I`VE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR .......

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Jason Kidd & the other loser athletes, who the USA has made stinking rich and has put them and their familys in a situation to never want for anything for playing a game and all their country asked them to do in return is represent it in them olympics and help bring home the GOLD and jason and other players have turned down this HONOR to represent the USA in the olympics in ATHENS ,THIS IS AN ABSOULUTE DISGRACE..... cause if this countrys values weren`t so screwed up in the first place where we pay our athletes millions, these guys would be working at McDonalds for minimum wage.... All the BS we heard from athletes mouths about how great (TILLMEN ) was ( and he was ,)but when in comes time to step up they PU&&EY out ,Does anyone believe the security will be tighter anywhere in the world at the time of the OLYMPICS ,No of course not!!!!! as is there just a good of chance or better of something happening here or some place else, you bet there is cause no place else will they be spending 1 billion dollars on security for 1 specific area!!!! so SHAME ON YOU JASON & ALL YOU OTHER ATHLETES FOR NOT GIVING BACK TO THE COUNTRY THAT HAS GIVEN YOU SO MUCH!!! :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Kidd is 30 years old and have a bum knee. The knee needs rest this off season. The dream team doesnt even need Kidd anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

But he didn`t use his knee as the excuse for not going & (if it`s that bad he shouldn`t be playing now then) He said he wasn`t going because of security concerns , Isn`t he lucky our soldiers who are protecting him and his family don`t feel this way . I`m sure after he gets hit with the backlash on this he will change it to his knee.... but he`s already given the real reason he, shaq, k. garnett aren`t going

[quote][i]Originally posted by NYJetsro71[/i]@May 16 2004, 10:24 AM
    [b] The dream team doesnt even need Kidd anyway. [/b][/quote]
    I'm entering some shaky territory here, due to the fact that I very little interest in the NBA, NCAA hoops, ect......

However, I recall a Lithilanian (sp?) person I was around for a few days back in 2000 telling his co-workers the following: "You call what you have a Dream Team", then he started laughing over and over.

Point: Didn't the last Dream Team come within seconds of losing to tiny Lithilania in the 2000 Olympics?

I don't remember the 1972 Olympics, but I have kept hearing blowhards in media state over and over how it was travesty the USA lost the gold to Russia, with college players playing for the U.S.

Fast foward to the year 2000, and you've got a figure a united Russia would've DESTROYED the Dream Team. After all, the U.S Dream Team almost lost to a country the size of Oregon (only about Three mill. population) :blink:

By the way, didn't Argentina and New Zeland beat up the NBA stars recently in some kind of World Cup thing?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

My problem isn`t the final outcome weather we get gold, silver or bronze (of course I want gold) my problem is NBA players who`ve made a very good living in this country, outright refuseing to represent us cause their affraid for their saftey ,frankly i`m quite supprised there aren`t more people upset about this....

funny you mention this . . . guess who did decide to represent the red, white, and blue

[SIZE=4]STEPHON MARBURY[/SIZE]

just something for you to think about

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Well then as a AMERICAN first and net fan second ,I thank STEPHON STARBURY for being a true stand up guy and representing the RED,WHITE & BLUE and wish him nothing but the best for his future .....

All Pro
    There was only one Dream Team... the 1992 team that beat every team it played by 20+... that included a good Croatia team by 55 points combined in their 2 meetings. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Clyde the Glide, Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley... the best collection of basketball players ever on one floor... calling the two teams after that Dream Team II and DT III is a JOKE.

Again, not being much an NBA follower (as I am MLB or NHL), I can't come off as too resolute in my answers.

Nontheless, I'd say that 1992 U.S team will never be duplicated and if it is, it will be a team outside of the USA. NBA players just don't have the type of "all-around" game that players like Bird, Magic, Stockton, Malone and Jordan had in their heydays.

I guess folks say the NBA is changing a bit in the west, but for the most part the games just involve players isolating their opponents one on one and gunning up shots.

International teams can spread the ball around, play transition, rebound and shoot. Also, they are much better athletes than most avid NBA fans would readily admit. I mean, how else can you explain all these tiny nations going nose to nose with NBA all-stars?

Based on what we've seen since 2000, the US needs Jason Kidd and Shaq to compete against all these teams like: All the Russian teams, Brazil, Croatia, Argentina and the others.

Right now, despite the presence of Steve Nash, only Canada can't hang with the US :o

What about Kobe....Iverson....Garnett...Shaq?

They back out all the time....now you want to bash kidd.

This is a sad topic ....get a clue...there are a list of NBA superstars...who everybody here would argue are better than J.Kidd and they arent even mentioned here?

Unreal....

[quote][b]but he`s already given the real reason he, shaq, k. garnett aren`t going [/b][/quote]

All League
    They have no reason to go, if they dont want to dont go. It's not something you have to do, they shouldn't even be looked down on if they dont. They all have concerns, they could get hurt playing or just not want to go to Greece. To all the NBA players that dont go, I dont have anything bad to say about them. It's there life, they dont owe it to anybody to be forced to play.
    And no, just because we pay to watch them play doesn't mean they have to represent the USA in the Olympics.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 16 2004, 10:30 AM
    [b] But he didn`t use his knee as the excuse for not going & (if it`s that bad he shouldn`t be playing now then) [/b][/quote]
    I see your point about not going if it is because of security concerns. But this statement makes no sense. The guy is playing hurt no doubt. He is paid by the Nets. So he should absolutely be playing now if at all possible. The Dream Team will go on with or without him.

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Sowell Train[/i]@May 16 2004, 06:25 PM
    [b] [quote][b]but he`s already given the real reason he, shaq, k. garnett aren`t going [/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    Yeah...that was his 2nd post in this thread.

After he bashed Kidd by name and left out the "BIG " name superstars,then he threw them out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 16 2004, 10:16 AM
    [b] Jason Kidd & the other loser athletes, who the USA has made stinking rich and has put them and their familys in a situation to never want for anything for playing a game and all their country asked them to do in return is represent it in them olympics and help bring home the GOLD and jason and other players have turned down this HONOR to represent the USA in the olympics in ATHENS ,THIS IS AN ABSOULUTE DISGRACE..... cause if this countrys values weren`t so screwed up in the first place where we pay our athletes millions, these guys would be working at McDonalds for minimum wage.... All the BS we heard from athletes mouths about how great (TILLMEN ) was ( and he was ,)but when in comes time to step up they PU&&EY out ,Does anyone believe the security will be tighter anywhere in the world at the time of the OLYMPICS ,No of course not!!!!! as is there just a good of chance or better of something happening here or some place else, you bet there is cause no place else will they be spending 1 billion dollars on security for 1 specific area!!!! so SHAME ON YOU JASON & ALL YOU OTHER ATHLETES FOR NOT GIVING BACK TO THE COUNTRY THAT HAS GIVEN YOU SO MUCH!!! :<!--emo&Angry:-->[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> :<!--emo&Angry:-->[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> :<!--emo&Angry:-->[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]<!--endemo--> [/b][/quote]
    Trying reading the first post again SMIZZY I mentioned J.K. AND THE OTHER LOSER ATHLETES , I`m not just mad at J.K. he`s the one who I saw actually speak on not going though (I am a NETS fan ) but disgusted at the fact that "ANY USA ATHLETE" would refuse to represent our country if asked to ,after this country has made them so much money

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know...the security situation there is a mess. Terrorists have targeted the Olympics in that past. I don't know how you can blame him for begging off. Besides, the whole idea of the Olympics being a celebration of "amateurism" is dead. Since the end of the Cold War, it isn't the same.

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet+May 16 2004, 08:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (joiseyjet @ May 16 2004, 08:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@May 16 2004, 10:16 AM
    [b] Jason Kidd & the other loser athletes, who the USA has made stinking rich and has put them and their familys in a situation to never want for anything for playing a game and all their country asked them to do in return is represent it in them olympics and help bring home the GOLD and jason and other players have turned down this HONOR to represent the USA in the olympics in ATHENS ,THIS IS AN ABSOULUTE DISGRACE..... cause if this countrys values weren`t so screwed up in the first place where we pay our athletes millions, these guys would be working at McDonalds for minimum wage.... All the BS we heard from athletes mouths about how great (TILLMEN ) was ( and he was ,)but when in comes time to step up they PU&&EY out ,Does anyone believe the security will be tighter anywhere in the world at the time of the OLYMPICS ,No of course not&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; as is there just a good of chance or better of something happening here or some place else, you bet there is cause no place else will they be spending 1 billion dollars on security for 1 specific area&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; so SHAME ON YOU JASON & ALL YOU OTHER ATHLETES FOR NOT GIVING BACK TO THE COUNTRY THAT HAS GIVEN YOU SO MUCH&#33;&#33;&#33; :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    Trying reading the first post again SMIZZY I mentioned J.K. AND THE OTHER LOSER ATHLETES , I`m not just mad at J.K. he`s the one who I saw actually speak on not going though (I am a NETS fan ) but disgusted at the fact that "ANY USA ATHLETE" would refuse to represent our country if asked to ,after this country has made them so much money [/b][/quote]
    Doesn&#39;t matter who you&#39;re mad at....

You only name one athlete in you post....and you name him Twice....J.Kidd.

Nowhere in that post do i see the name of any other athlete.

Maybe you should read your post again.

Did Kidd play on the last national team?

Hall Of Fame
    A lot of these players have it too easy and have been brainwashed with all the money they are getting paid. Sadly enough, they feel that they have a right to accept or reject, but the thing is they don&#39;t understand the meaning of the Olympics. I&#39;m sure other players would love to get an opportunity, like Kidd, and would definitely not turn down the offer.

Hall Of Fame
    Remember East Germany&#39;s female swim team? Those chicks wore jockstraps&#33;

[url=http://www.thatscricket.com/olympics/2000/news/09/15/150900eastgermany.html]http://www.thatscricket.com/olympics/2000/...astgermany.html[/url]

By the way, I read somewhere that Mark Cuban would rather have Nowitizki and Nash not play for Germany and Canada.

Just as an aside, I can tell you this with 100 percent certainty: Players in the NHL are considered absolute cowards and are shunned by their peers if they sit out any Olympic or World Cup competition. The idea of representing their countries is so strong, some go foward even with fairly substantial injury--if they can skate at all.

Nothing else to say, but the NBA and NHL have to very different cultures in regards to players representing their countries. While almost 100 percent of NHL stars will go regardless of the circumstances, a much smaller percentage of NBA players feel compelled to compete.

Back in 1992, could anyone ever imagine the NBA would get to this point? Those NBA players would&#39;ve done anything to be on the Dream Team :o