Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I`VE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR .......

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 17 2004, 06:00 PM
    [b] Maybe but i`d be willing to bet you have MAYBE a handful of guys in the entire league making 1,000,000 a year as opposed to the NBA where bench warmers get close to that... [/b][/quote]
    i see, [i]it is[/i] the degree of their wealth that offends you...
    btw, i see by your sig you do a fair amount of traveling, you seem to be comfortably above the poverty line yourself, and still left with some free time...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired+May 17 2004, 05:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ May 17 2004, 05:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@May 17 2004, 05:46 PM
    [b]I don`t think i`m missing the big picture I,THINK everyone else is....the big picture is we have KIDS putting themselves in real harms way who have wives and kids to support and probobly left their partners with a couple of months salary at best to get by with and has gone months maybe years without actually seeing his loved ones ,Now we have JOE ATHLETE who`s made millions multiple times over ,living in a house you could land a plane in , has servents ,has a different car for everyday of the week for all his driving family members is living the life we`d all love to live for 1 day and all this country asks of him is to represent us so, the USA can raise their flag above the others and hear our national anthem play,and these athletes can`t be bothered ,even if they got hurt ,they all have insurance for that ,No way you can convince me this is anything other than outright wrong&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]
    if that&#39;s the case, then why not you? or me? or any one of us - surely we&#39;re all better off for the people over there fighting for us. any one of us could be somewhere else furthering our nations cause, showing our pride and gratitude by fighting, debating, demonstrating, rebuilding, etc. or is it just the degree of their wealth that offends you?
    would you like to see the 1000 richest american&#39;s over there doing something? [b]woody, are you listening?[/b] gear up, man, these are your fans talking&#33;&#33;&#33;
    :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :blink: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    If I have the opportunity to help a USA team win & raise that flag and play the NATIONAL ANTHEM as the USA hockey team did in 1980 ,I do it in a heartbeat ,no questions asked ,the fact that out of the millions of people in this country & only a chosen few are privileged to be asked to put on the RED,WHITE & BLUE to represent this great country and your one of them ,and then you refuse :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired+May 17 2004, 06:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ May 17 2004, 06:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@May 17 2004, 06:00 PM
    [b] Maybe but i`d be willing to bet you have MAYBE a handful of guys in the entire league making 1,000,000 a year as opposed to the NBA where bench warmers get close to that... [/b][/quote]
    i see, [i]it is[/i] the degree of their wealth that offends you...
    btw, i see by your sig you do a fair amount of traveling, you seem to be comfortably above the poverty line yourself, and still left with some free time... [/b][/quote]
    Your a frigging idiot&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I`m not offended by there wealth ,but the fact they refuse to represent a country that has given them the opportunity to become wealthy ,thats what offends me as far as my personel weath I,work for the county of monmouth,in NJ ,so i`m not exactly rolling in dough ,I just plan these trips ahead of time

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 17 2004, 06:12 PM
    [b] If I have the opportunity to help a USA team win & raise that flag and play the NATIONAL ANTHEM as the USA hockey team did in 1980 ,I do it in a heartbeat ,no questions asked ,the fact that out of the millions of people in this country & only a chosen few are privileged to be asked to put on the RED,WHITE & BLUE to represent this great country and your one of them ,and then you refuse :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    i see your point, but i think that&#39;s pretty narrow. i mean, we could all do something, it&#39;s a matter of what we&#39;re willing to risk.

and, let&#39;s face it, our team of millionaire all-stars winning the gold is not the equivilent of the 1980 USA hockey team, a group of amateur teenagers, winning gold on our home turf, against the world&#39;s career amateurs in the middle of the cold war. we could win every game by 75 pts and they ain&#39;t making a movie about it in 25 years.

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet+May 17 2004, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (joiseyjet @ May 17 2004, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--isired[/i]@May 17 2004, 05:21 PM
    [b]I don`t think i`m missing the big picture I,THINK everyone else is....the big picture is we have KIDS putting themselves in real harms way who have wives and kids to support and probobly left their partners with a couple of months salary at best to get by with and has gone months maybe years without actually seeing his loved ones ,Now we have JOE ATHLETE who`s made millions multiple times over ,living in a house you could land a plane in , has servents ,has a different car for everyday of the week for all his driving family members is living the life we`d all love to live for 1 day and all this country asks of him is to represent us so, the USA can raise their flag above the others and hear our national anthem play,and these athletes can`t be bothered ,even if they got hurt ,they all have insurance for that ,No way you can convince me this is anything other than outright wrong&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]
    [/b][/quote]
    You can&#39;t compare athletes to soldiers. People who join the armed services know the risk that is involved. That they might have to fight a war, they might be in a foreign nation for months and not see loved ones but that is the life they chose. I can&#39;t be mad at him because he makes millions of dollars for playing basketball, I mean cmon.....if someone was to pay you millions to play you would turn it down because it&#39;s not right.... if you feel that it is not right don&#39;t go to anymore games in protest. Why go if there is a strong terrorist threat. Why put your life in danger. To the athletes that do go more power to you but to me it&#39;s not worth it .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Timby01[/i]@May 17 2004, 06:24 PM
    [b] To the athletes that do go more power to you [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s how i feel...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

And we should all do something which is why a large portion of this site is going to this SUPPORT THE TROOP RALLY next weekend in LONG ISLAND which JET FANS have contributed time and money to make this happen mainly put together by SUE(LIMOLADY) , RANDY ,16 H , MURPH KLECKO & HIS WIFE And many others..... IT`s small on our part but we were asked and we said absoulutely tell us what you need from us...... at work we send care packages to troop members ....So I agree we all should be doing something...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 17 2004, 06:28 PM
    [b] And we should all do something which is why a large portion of this site is going to this SUPPORT THE TROOP RALLY next weekend in LONG ISLAND which JET FANS have contributed time and money to make this happen mainly put together by SUE(LIMOLADY) , RANDY ,16 H , MURPH KLECKO & HIS WIFE And many others..... IT`s small on our part but we were asked and we said absoulutely tell us what you need from us...... at work we send care packages to troop members ....So I agree we all should be doing something... [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s great - maybe it would be better if they donated money instead to support the troops - that&#39;s got to mean more than some meal in an athletic competition. i bet they could raise millions from the guys who aren&#39;t going alone.

[quote][b]The travesty was two fold.

One, the USA was cheated out of the gold by the refs,.

Two, yes the Russians were pros in the sense that the country always fielded a or teas.

But there isn&#39;t a chance in hell that the Russian team could beat a "Dream Team", and by that I mean a Olypic team, not the second, third and fourth tier guys they send to the qualifying tournies that you are refering to.

Keep in mind that the US teams don&#39;t put in the time and practice really is needed to be a "team", that they blow ohers out on talent only.[/b][/quote]

You&#39;ve got to be kidding? The US almost lost to Lithuania alone...........How can you not imagine a UNIFIED Russian team not having a shot to beat them? :o

Here are indistuble facts from that 2000 game:

[quote][b][i]Facing Lithuania again, this time in the semifinals, the U.S. was forced to rally back in the game&#39;s final 90 seconds and only after Lithuania&#39;s desperation three-pointer fell short as time ran out did the U.S. claim a tight 85-83 victory. Carter paced the U.S. scoring attack with 18 points, Mourning had 16 and Garnett finished with 12 points, 14 rebounds.[/i][/b][/quote]

You claim US had a rag-tag team here&#39;s the roster:

[quote][b]Shareef Abdur-Rahim F 6-9 230 12/11/76 Vancouver Grizzlies / California &#39;96

Ray Allen G 6-5 205 07/20/75 Milwaukee Bucks / Connecticut &#39;96

Vin Baker F 6-11 240 11/23/71 Seattle SuperSonics / Hartford &#39;93

Vince Carter G/F 6-6 225 01/26/77 Toronto Raptors / North Carolina &#39;98

Kevin Garnett F 6-11 220 05/19/75 Minnesota Timberwolves / Farragut Academy H.S. (IL)

Tim Hardaway G 6-0 195 09/01/66 Miami Heat / Texas El-Paso &#39;89

Allan Houston G 6-6 200 04/20/71 New York Knicks / Tennessee &#39;93

Jason Kidd G 6-4 212 03/23/73 Phoenix Suns / California &#39;94

Antonio McDyess F 6-9 220 09/07/74 Denver Nuggets / Alabama &#39;95

Alonzo Mourning C 6-10 261 02/08/70 Miami Heat / Georgetown &#39;92

Gary Payton G 6-4 190 07/23/68 Seattle SuperSonics / Oregon State &#39;90

Steve Smith[/b][/quote]

By the way, the Russians were mostly pro from the NBA or Euro leagues, so it&#39;s not like they practiced alot together either :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired+May 17 2004, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ May 17 2004, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@May 17 2004, 06:28 PM
    [b] And we should all do something which is why a large portion of this site is going to this SUPPORT THE TROOP RALLY next weekend in LONG ISLAND which JET FANS have contributed time and money to make this happen mainly put together by SUE(LIMOLADY) , RANDY ,16 H , MURPH KLECKO & HIS WIFE And many others..... IT`s small on our part but we were asked and we said absoulutely tell us what you need from us...... at work we send care packages to troop members ....So I agree we all should be doing something... [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s great - maybe it would be better if they donated money instead to support the troops - that&#39;s got to mean more than some meal in an athletic competition. i bet they could raise millions from the guys who aren&#39;t going alone. [/b][/quote]
    That was checked into ,but the troops aren`t allowed to take direct donations (from what we`ve been told so the rally is doing the next best thing ,getting freebie donations from folks to give away to them that day bands and dj``S are donating their time Randy will be cooking for everyone ,it`s a day for us all to say thank you to them for their sacrafise & let them know no mater what anyone thinks about the war personaly we support them 100 %