Thread: Mike Williams & Maurice Clarrett

Hall Of Fame
    From top news story to no news story, were so talked about 3-4 weeks ago, now no one is mentioning them at all. Wonder when it will all start up again...

Veteran
    I'm guessing Mike Williams will simply end up back at USC to play one more year and Clarett will be on a plane to Canada.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 17 2004, 04:13 PM
    [b] I'm guessing Mike Williams will simply end up back at USC to play one more year and Clarett will be on a plane to Canada. [/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]Mike Williams gave up his NCAA "Amateur" standings when he applied to be added to the NFL Draft roster.

He could go back to USC. However, he can not play or receive any scholarship money. He can only go back as a student & the NCAA will not overturn his resignation.[/b][/color]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 17 2004, 04:13 PM
    [b] I'm guessing Mike Williams will simply end up back at USC to play one more year and Clarett will be on a plane to Canada. [/b][/quote]
    I don't believe he can. I think once Williams hired an agent his NCAA career was over

[quote][i]Originally posted by FlaGreen+May 17 2004, 04:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FlaGreen @ May 17 2004, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nyjet80[/i]@May 17 2004, 04:13 PM
    [b] I&#39;m guessing Mike Williams will simply end up back at USC to play one more year and Clarett will be on a plane to Canada. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t believe he can. I think once Williams hired an agent his NCAA career was over [/b][/quote]
    I have a feeling that they have to make an exception for him just because of the circumstance. I know there was talk of letting Williams back into the college.

All Pro
    The NCAA can reinstate his amateur status, and he has applied to have this done. Clarett on the other hand, has burned too many bridges.

Veteran
    The school can fight for Williams eligibility, that won&#39;t happen with Ohio State however.