Thread: Game 5

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR has a "upper torso" injury? Speculation on WFAN with Al Morganti is that its another concussion....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR is a warrior. He plays tonight! You may be on the money about the head injury. Check this out:

This is the actual exchange, taken directly from the press conference:

Reporter: Jeremy, how are you feeling?

Roenick: I can't see how Gretzky kept Preems off the Canadian team. I am shocked. Utterly shocked. That's just insanity, in my opinion.

Second reporter, trying again: Uh, just to take another shot at this, how are you feeling, Jeremy?

Roenick: Gretzky is just crazy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My man #97 is nothing if not entertaining.....

And headache or no, Roenick is sharp enough to do the math.

"Six more wins, and I won't have to worry about getting hit in the head anymore," Roenick said. "Except by a golf ball."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another good game. Valiant effort by the Flyers to get back into it, Haby standing on his head in the 3rd.

One more loss, and JR can worry about golf balls already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Thor99@May 18 2004, 10:08 PM
    Another good game. Valiant effort by the Flyers to get back into it, Haby standing on his head in the 3rd.

One more loss, and JR can worry about golf balls already.
    True that! Tomorrow night at around 10 PM, J.R. should have his golf bag packed and ready to go. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

After each game, I predict WRONG. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> I really thought the F'ers would have some momentum going into last night. Well, looks like things have shifted again. I just don't see my guys bouncing back and taking the next two. Really makes me CRAZY!

Hey, I'm a lifelong F'ers fan, but ohmigod, Vincent Lecavalier is hot, hot, hot!!!! Does anyone else think he looks like our Chad?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bulin Wall has shown a few cracks during this series, but that 3rd period last night was the strongest I've ever seen him. Amazing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lecavalier being hot is not something I definitely will not offer an opinion on-but he does have some facial resemblence to Chad GGG.
    The Flyers injury toll on defense and the younger legs of Tampa Bay will be their undoing. They went farther with Esche in net than I thought they would though-time for retirement to the golf course-at least Primeau earned himself a nice fat contract.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@May 19 2004, 06:56 AM
    Lecavalier being hot is not something I definitely will not offer an opinion on-but he does have some facial resemblence to Chad GGG.
    The Flyers injury toll on defense and the younger legs of Tampa Bay will be their undoing. They went farther with Esche in net than I thought they would though-time for retirement to the golf course-at least Primeau earned himself a nice fat contract.
    Primeau has been awesome, but he can't do it alone. Where the hell are Gags, Recchi, Leclair???? I'm tired of being so close every year and coming up short. It's now or never. faba, you're right...the F'ers are OLD. The next few years are gonna be rebuilding years to get some fresh, young legs.

My J.R. has got to retire tomorrow night after we're eliminated. The guy is playing with fire.

Brenjetsfan
    Are the FLYERS still hangin around??? time to head to the showers..THEY STINK!! :lol: