Thread: JETS INSIDER MADDEN CHALLENGE TEAM

For those of you who don't know, EA Sports sets up a National Madden Tourney every year about two months after the release of their Madden game. This 2005 Version will have its own Madden Tournament. From this board....I know that Bitonti, myself (LL), LLB, Rerunsports and Vinny played in the Madden Challenge. I know that LLB, RERUNSPORTS and Myself played in the NYC tourney, Bitonti Played in the Philly tourney and Vinny Played in Texas ( I think).

I am interested in seeing if people would be interested in setting up a Gametime JI Team where we'd help each other become better Madden Players in the hope of getting us all to become better tourney players so that when The madden Challenge comes up we can seriously represent.

There are already several leagues and groups around the USA that have a group/team who train for the event. I am proposing that we do the same. We learn and dissect and discuss madden theory, play calls, audibles....and basically get us all ready for the Madden Challenge. I would like to start the GAMETIME JI Team after the end of our next league (the one that will start after the Klecko playoffs end).

I love playing Madden and the whole strategy and stick skill end of it is something that i want to get better at.

Who else would be interested?

LL

I'm always happy to talk Madden, even though I don't play in tournaments or anything. Any help I can give I'd be glad to.

Originally posted by Jared@May 18 2004, 09:21 PM
    I'm always happy to talk Madden, even though I don't play in tournaments or anything. Any help I can give I'd be glad to.
    Well this is an open invite to all who participated in the Madden Challenge before and those who want to experience the fist clinching excitement of a Madden Tourney. I also want to form a JI team of players like what they have in many place online.

LL

I am down for that. I dont mind discussing some of my secrets with you guys if its for a common cause to win 10 thousand dollars!!! I was in the San Antonio tourney and I won my first 3 games and just bearly lost my 4th game by 3 points, 10-7. The only reason why I lost is cause I had the ball once and he had 2 possesions. I really think I could have made it to the top 10. I was just outsmarted a little and wasent thinking until it was too late and thats not like me.

But I am definatly down for this, I will give all my pointers out to you guys that I know if your all willing to do the same for our common cause of 10 G's. I will be in the 05 Tourney and I will be out for blood this time and I know what to expect this time around.

Originally posted by Vinny025@May 19 2004, 01:54 PM
    I am down for that. I dont mind discussing some of my secrets with you guys if its for a common cause to win 10 thousand dollars!!! I was in the San Antonio tourney and I won my first 3 games and just bearly lost my 4th game by 3 points, 10-7. The only reason why I lost is cause I had the ball once and he had 2 possesions. I really think I could have made it to the top 10. I was just outsmarted a little and wasent thinking until it was too late and thats not like me.

But I am definatly down for this, I will give all my pointers out to you guys that I know if your all willing to do the same for our common cause of 10 G's. I will be in the 05 Tourney and I will be out for blood this time and I know what to expect this time around.
    The tourney prize is fifty G's. And we will share everything. Remember, if one of our team members win then WE win. It will be a team effort and we will practice and LAB everything out so that we all know what to look for and what challengers are using. Also, I think that once 05 comes out, we need to jump online and see what other ballers are using and what teams they will use. That way we can identify and isolate potential rivals and scheme our GAMETIME JI gameplans to that.

I am excited and I hope that everyone who joins will enjoy it too!

I am in and so is Jared and Vinny....anyone else?

LL

I'm thinking of using the Panthers this year, but i'm not sure. I still might use the Vikings, depending on what I see as far as stats go.

Originally posted by Vinny025@May 19 2004, 03:39 PM
    I'm thinking of using the Panthers this year, but i'm not sure. I still might use the Vikings, depending on what I see as far as stats go.
    The stats are in flux right now. I know for the E3 they had crazy stats...however, final game stats wont be known until the second pre-season game....

LL

Yeah, I know I sometimes score like 80-90 points on some people I play online, I even scored 120 once on someone, but they also scored 40. So I'm thinking to myself, imagion if I actually used a team with a good defense and just concentrated on defense for a change. I have always just tried to outscore my opponents and it has worked well for me, but I think in 05 I might just try something different.

With a solid defense, I believe I could go a long way. Many of you guys know that my defense has always been kinda weak so I think If I could perfect a defense, I know I could still score some points with a half a$$ offense. What do you think LL?

Originally posted by Vinny025@May 19 2004, 06:52 PM
    Yeah, I know I sometimes score like 80-90 points on some people I play online, I even scored 120 once on someone, but they also scored 40. So I'm thinking to myself, imagion if I actually used a team with a good defense and just concentrated on defense for a change. I have always just tried to outscore my opponents and it has worked well for me, but I think in 05 I might just try something different.

With a solid defense, I believe I could go a long way. Many of you guys know that my defense has always been kinda weak so I think If I could perfect a defense, I know I could still score some points with a half a$$ offense. What do you think LL?
    The key to the madden challenge is defense. Everyone can score...but not everyone knows how to play d. D is going to be the focus of 2005 so you know its gonna be souped up.

I think D is where we will concentrate most of our attention on GAMETIME JI.

LL

Oh, by the way LL. I can play our game tonight if you can. As late as you want, just let me know ok?

Personally, I like the fact that the Pats are a 3-4 team. Not nearly as many people use 3-4 that I've seen, so I try to use that to my advantage. Only big weakness with 3-4 in Madden is runs right up the middle, since the OG can usually get straight to the ILBs unless you are a monster at manually playing DT/DE.

Originally posted by Vinny025@May 19 2004, 07:05 PM
    Oh, by the way LL. I can play our game tonight if you can. As late as you want, just let me know ok?
    Vin,

I am sorry. I was up with my baby girl...she wouldnt go to sleep. I am available to play tonight and tommorrow after 10:30pm..lemme know which oneis better for you..

LL