Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot. the davinci code

listening to the audio book right now. a great story. if u are a reader get this book

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:02 AM
    [b] listening to the audio book right now. a great story. if u are a reader get this book [/b][/quote]
    I just finished the book this morning but won't finish the epilogue until the train ride home tonight.

JH have u ever listened to an audio book. if not, try one and u will never read a book again.

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:27 AM
    [b] JH have u ever listened to an audio book. if not, try one and u will never read a book again. [/b][/quote]
    I can't say that I have. In some cases I have rented the movie instead of reading the book though. :D

any of you football fans that want to read a great football story try john grishoms "bleachers"

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:42 AM
    [b] any of you football fans that want to read a great football story try john grishoms "bleachers" [/b][/quote]
    I have read all of Grisham's books. Bleachers was very good.

my favorite is the brethren

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:50 AM
    [b] my favorite is the brethren [/b][/quote]
    I like them all but my favorite is the Pelican Brief. My girlfriend likes the Testament best.

have u read any of patricia cromwells novels. her main character is kay scarpetta. strong character. she is the virgina chief medical examiner

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 12:02 PM
    [b] listening to the audio book right now. a great story. if u are a reader get this book [/b][/quote]
    I enjoyed Davinci Code. If you liked it, check out Angels and Demons, also by Dan Brown. It's even better.

[quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:58 AM
    [b] have u read any of patricia cromwells novels. her main character is kay scarpetta. strong character. she is the virgina chief medical examiner [/b][/quote]
    No I haven't read her work. If you like suspense books I would recommend Jonathan Kellerman.

Another good book I read recently was [u]Life of Pi[/u].

JUST FINISHED THE MURDER BOOK. GREAT STORY

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+May 19 2004, 04:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet-Zeppelin @ May 19 2004, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 12:02 PM
    I enjoyed Davinci Code. If you liked it, check out Angels and Demons, also by Dan Brown. It&#39;s even better. [/b][/quote]
    His other two - Deception Point and Digital Fortress are good as well. A couple of months ago I read that Ron Howard would be making Davinci Code into a movie.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:27 AM
    [b] JH have u ever listened to an audio book. if not, try one and u will never read a book again. [/b][/quote]
    lazy bastid, read the book ;)

[quote][i]Originally posted by petejet+May 19 2004, 01:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (petejet @ May 19 2004, 01:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Jet-Zeppelin@May 19 2004, 04:03 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 12:02 PM
    I enjoyed Davinci Code. If you liked it, check out Angels and Demons, also by Dan Brown. It&#39;s even better. [/b][/quote]
    His other two - Deception Point and Digital Fortress are good as well. A couple of months ago I read that Ron Howard would be making Davinci Code into a movie. [/b][/quote]
    Yup, both good, though not quite as good as the two connected stroies (Angels & Demons ... Davinci Code).

I liked Deception Point a little better.

hey bro. i know u are at the comic book level. lol. chad and i are flying up for the opener. why dont u come also. have some people looking into getting us some tickets.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by keylargojet[/i]@May 19 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] hey bro. i know u are at the comic book level. lol. chad and i are flying up for the opener. why dont u come also. have some people looking into getting us some tickets. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m already planning on the trip, we should hook up while we&#39;re there it will be a blast

i always read patterson - all the stories seem to blend into one another . . . i have to fine something new

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Chad[/i]@May 19 2004, 04:01 PM
    [b] i always read patterson - all the stories seem to blend into one another . . . i have to fine something new [/b][/quote]
    Try Nelson Demille.

Lions Game was VERY good.

Also...Charm School, Plum Island (prequel to Lions Game),Cathedral, Talbot Odessey(sic?)....all good books.

Audio tapes blow. You learn no new vocabulary. It&#39;s like youre a kindergardener.