Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - racoon in roof

[quote][i]Originally posted by BuffaloR0cker36[/i]@May 19 2004, 07:42 PM
    [b] i do not retract my previous statement :lol: [/b][/quote]
    if i hit the can and he runs he'll be back...
    if i pour some sort of deadly agent in there he'll die and never come back, actually this could also help with some of the annoying cats who frequent the area....

rat poison anyone..

i could just be nice and go to home depot, buy a trap, trap it and release it in the woods....but then id have to spend money and it will still live, possibly for a long time tormenting another families garbage...

times like this i wish i had a digital camera... :lol:

Bitter
    Whatever you do don't hire this guy.

[img]http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/saving_silverman/savingsilverman8.jpg[/img]

I would suggest using a pellet gun to chase it off but there is a good chance you'll kill it that way. Who knows maybe that doesn't matter to you. A couple years ago I had an opossum in my garage so I decided I would chase it off with my trusty Daisy BB pistol. Well I popped him once and he just sat there so I popped him again and he started waddling out the door. He didn't make it 10 feet into the yard when he dropped. I was like ok, he's playing dead, that's what opossums do. Well the next morning he was still lying there. :lol: He sure did make a tasty stew though.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@May 19 2004, 08:11 PM
    [b] Whatever you do don't hire this guy.

[img]http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/saving_silverman/savingsilverman8.jpg[/img]

I would suggest using a pellet gun to chase it off but there is a good chance you'll kill it that way. Who knows maybe that doesn't matter to you. A couple years ago I had an opossum in my garage so I decided I would chase it off with my trusty Daisy BB pistol. Well I popped him once and he just sat there so I popped him again and he started waddling out the door. He didn't make it 10 feet into the yard when he dropped. I was like ok, he's playing dead, that's what opossums do. Well the next morning he was still lying there. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[b] A couple years ago I had an opossum in my garage so I decided I would chase it off with my trusty Daisy BB pistol. Well I popped him once and he just sat there so I popped him again and he started waddling out the door. He didn't make it 10 feet into the yard when he dropped. I was like ok, he's playing dead, that's what opossums do. Well the next morning he was still lying there. :lol: He sure did make a tasty stew though. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All Pro
    when you catch it [SIZE=3][font=Optima][b]UPS it to Patsfan[/b][/font][/SIZE], he`s collecting animals

All Pro
    [b] Whatever you do don't hire this guy.

I would suggest using a pellet gun to chase it off but there is a good chance you'll kill it that way. Who knows maybe that doesn't matter to you. A couple years ago I had an opossum in my garage so I decided I would chase it off with my trusty Daisy BB pistol. Well I popped him once and he just sat there so I popped him again and he started waddling out the door. He didn't make it 10 feet into the yard when he dropped. I was like ok, he's playing dead, that's what opossums do. Well the next morning he was still lying there. :lol: He sure did make a tasty stew though. [/b][/quote]
    HUSKERalk had racoon stew ! he sez so..dang! :o

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetdawg[/i]@May 19 2004, 08:05 PM
    [b] HUSKERalk had racoon stew ! he sez so..dang! :o [/b][/quote]
    No actually I said opossum stew. Racoon is too rich for my blood.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetdawg[/i]@May 19 2004, 09:05 PM
    [b] A couple years ago I had an opossum in my garage so I decided I would chase it off with my trusty Daisy BB pistol. Well I popped him once and he just sat there so I popped him again and he started waddling out the door. He didn't make it 10 feet into the yard when he dropped. I was like ok, he's playing dead, that's what opossums do. Well the next morning he was still lying there. :lol: He sure did make a tasty stew though. [/b][/quote]
    Each time I read that story I keep laughing :lol:

Husk....did you try shooting the poor opposum in the ass.....rather than in each lung?? :lol:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 19 2004, 09:24 PM
    [b] Each time I read that story I keep laughing :lol:

Husk....did you try shooting the poor opposum in the ass.....rather than in each lung?? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Well to be honest I was shooting blindly. It was pretty dark and he was underneath my car. It would have made for a great video. BBs ricochetting all over the garage. Good times. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Prior to letting the led fly in a dark garage....did you consider the ramifications had one of those ricochetting BB's pierced the gas tank of the car the aforesaid varmint was under?? :lol:

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Good Luck!

It could be worse. I have a couple of friends who rented a "farm" house in a very rural area years ago and they had the unfortunate circumstance of having a skunk find it's way into their heating ducts. They made quite a few phone calls for assistance on what to do, but received quite the run-around as to who could, or how they could be assisted. For weeks, everytime the furnace kicked on the skunk apparently got scared and did what skunks do.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 19 2004, 09:33 PM
    [b] Prior to letting the led fly in a dark garage....did you consider the ramifications had one of those ricochetting BB's pierced the gas tank of the car the aforesaid varmint was under?? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    It was just a BB and besides I don't think there was a drop of gas in the tank. It was my old project car that was torn to pieces at the time. But I did think of A Christmas Story just before I unleashed the fury with my mighty Daisy. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@May 19 2004, 10:39 PM
    [b] But I did think of A Christmas Story just before I unleashed the fury with my mighty Daisy. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+May 19 2004, 09:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ May 19 2004, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--huskeralk[/i]@May 19 2004, 10:39 PM
    [b] But I did think of A Christmas Story just before I unleashed the fury with my mighty Daisy. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Hey, it&#39;s no laughing matter. That bad boy is CO2 powered. Ok, maybe it is a laughing matter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laughs , Husker. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Husk

One final question

Did you really skin that poor bastid and eat him?

Isnt that how SARS started in China?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Baddniss[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:13 PM
    [b] Isnt that how SARS started in China? [/b][/quote]
    The way I hear in these parts is that SARS started in Kansas......Husk? :lol:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 19 2004, 10:03 PM
    [b] Husk

One final question

Did you really skin that poor bastid and eat him? [/b][/quote]
    I was waiting for that question. A couple of potatoes, a few carrots and an onion and he tasted like chicken. :lol: Naw just kidding I actually kicked him out into the back alley to let someone else deal with him. :lol:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Baddniss[/i]@May 19 2004, 09:58 PM
    [b] Thanks for the laughs , Husker. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Man, you think it&#39;s funny reading it on here, you should hear me tell it in person with a couple pitchers in me. Better yet you should have seen it with your own two eyes. :lol: