Thread: Any Lenny Kravitz fans out there???

Hall Of Fame
    listening to the new album right now

any fans of a completely unoriginal artist who rips of pieces of classic songs to create his own and is only famous due to his ties within the entertainment industry>???

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I went to see him once, but only because he was playing with the Black Crowes. He started his set at the PNC bank Atrs Center and suddenly disappeared in the middle of the 1st song. After the band chugged on for about 20 minutes, they announced that Lenny had collapsed and wouldn't play. I've since come to apreciate his music more, though. I'm a huge fan of one of his spin-off bands, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. KD played sax in LK's band(he still may for all I know). KDTU is loud, fast and funky. Anyone familiar with them?

MBG, what the hell [i]is[/i] that in your sig?

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 20 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b] I went to see him once, but only because he was playing with the Black Crowes. He started his set at the PNC bank Atrs Center and suddenly disappeared in the middle of the 1st song. After the band chugged on for about 20 minutes, they announced that Lenny had collapsed and wouldn't play. I've since come to apreciate his music more, though. I'm a huge fan of one of his spin-off bands, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe. KD played sax in LK's band(he still may for all I know). KDTU is loud, fast and funky. [/b][/quote]
    I'm a fan of both Lenny and Karl Denson. They played together at Jazz Fest two years ago. Great show. I saw Lenny perform at Jazz Fest this year as well. Good, but not as good as the last time.

By the way, dickkotite, I;m sure you realize Lenny Kravitz is not the first guy to take his material from others. It happens more often than not. There was a band that came out in the early 90s that seemed to be a complete rip-off of The Pixies. They were named Nirvana. (Of course, then Bush came along later and imitated Nirvana...poorly, I might add.)

I'd rather hear Lenny Kravitz play stuff that he pinched from someone else than most of the other crap out there on the radio. It may not be groundbreaking, but at least it's entertaining.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I was gonna make JF again this year, but decided on The Louisiana Derby, and possibly the Jets preseason game instead. Saw KDTU at Tip's @ 2:30AM during JF last year. Couple times at Irving Plaza as well. The dude is just sick. :D So they didn't play together again this year? I'll be at JF next year on the way to the Kentucky Derby.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 20 2004, 03:52 PM
    [b]

MBG, what the hell [i]is[/i] that in your sig? [/b][/quote]
    that be Pat fan shasta, ain't she cute???

All Pro
    thanks to mean Bro Green sig..got my 2year old doin the pats jiggy!

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetdawg[/i]@May 20 2004, 04:18 PM
    [b] thanks to mean Bro Green sig..got my 2year old doin the pats jiggy! [/b][/quote]
    sorry dawg :(

Hall Of Fame
    I like Lenny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@May 20 2004, 08:47 PM
    [b] I like Lenny. [/b][/quote]
    Get some KDTU, then. The dude's insane.