Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condolences to 3G

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Like the Red Wings, the Flyers always seem to make the off-season move that makes them unstoppable. Clarke will have a real challenge to take the next step this time, because they're getting old. It's gonna take more than one move to make an improvement.

Hall Of Fame
    Have the Flyers call the Red Wings, they can reccommend some good places to golf.

These older teams like the Wings and Flyers just can't compete with these new modern speed teams.

All Pro
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@May 23 2004, 01:14 PM

These older teams like the Wings and Flyers just can't compete with these new modern speed teams.
    You'd think that the Flyers would have learned that from Detroit a couple of years ago the last time they were in the finals.
    You can't hit what you can't catch.

I'm heartbroken. Tough loss and it's just the beginning. It was now or never. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never see a Cup in my lifetime. Angry But, our Jets are THISCLOSE to a Super Bowl. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH. Someone put me out of my misery.

GGG...sorry about your Flyers...Lightning took out my team, too.

If TB wins, at least you can say you got beat by the Stanely Cup champs.

Originally posted by Shadetree@May 24 2004, 09:28 AM

That's the spirit. That's what I said about last year when the Devils took us out.

Originally posted by Shadetree@May 24 2004, 08:28 AM

There's no consolation of knowing that we could have been beaten by the Stanley Cup winners. :blink: Angry

All League
    Take heart GGG
    Flyers had a nice run-time to look forward to start of Jets season with optimism
    Myself being a Ranger fan I never thought I would see a Stanley Cup raised-1994 will make me be satisfied and die happy.
    At least you finally have seemed to find a goalie you can count on in the Playoffs with Esche after so many years of subpar goaltending come playoffs.

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+May 24 2004, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ May 24 2004, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@May 24 2004, 08:28 AM

There&#39;s no consolation of knowing that we could have been beaten by the Stanley Cup winners. :blink: Angry [/b][/quote]
    It would kinda be like when Nystrom went top shelf in 1980. If you get beat by a team that went on to become one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports.....it can be that bad.

So GGG....does Philly clean house or regroup?

Originally posted by Shadetree+May 24 2004, 11:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadetree @ May 24 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Gang Green Girl@May 24 2004, 09:56 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree
    @May 24 2004, 08:28 AM

There&#39;s no consolation of knowing that we could have been beaten by the Stanley Cup winners. :blink: Angry
    It would kinda be like when Nystrom went top shelf in 1980. If you get beat by a team that went on to become one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports.....it can be that bad.

So GGG....does Philly clean house or regroup? [/b][/quote]
    Clean house&#33;&#33;&#33; Need fresh, young legs. And for chrissakes, FIRE my first (and only) love (Bobby Clarke). I wanted a Cup from him--it ain&#39;t gonna happen...EVER. He needs to go.

Now everyone, please leave me alone and let me mourn in peace.

Oh...and my the way.....Congrats, BucJeff....good luck--hope you guys win. Trust me, it took a lot for me to write that. :blink: I&#39;m a bitter, nasty woman since Saturday night.

All League
    Maybe GGG is too shook up to think clearly...

How can Bobby C be gone now? I could see a case being made in past seasons, ie-no goalie upgrades, sitting tight with D on hand etc.., but he brings in a Ken Hitchcock, the team is certainly going in a positive direction, and they take their run to game 7 of the conference finals, and NOW he has to go? Please, stop...

I am very concerned about LeClair, he turned out to be a huge bust POST new contract. Recchi did not produce as much as was required of him. Primeau was steller. JR was as good as possible with all his ailments.

Flyers need a bruiser on D, ie- a 6&#39;4, 230lb North American with a mean streak

I am comfortable with Esche, add a bruiser on D, dump a Euro or 2 on offense and bring in a grinder (like a young Trent Klatt), and the 4 stars mentioned have to get back to their way of play. If 2 of them are broke down and done, its going to be a tuff road to hoe.

Too shook up, Stew? HELLO. YES. I&#39;m p*ssed as h*ll.

This was The Year to get it done. Leclair is a stiff. A has-been&#33;&#33; Recchi did not play well. Roenick looked his age during Saturday&#39;s game. You could see how tired he was--I think he hurt us.

Esche wasn&#39;t terrible, but he wasn&#39;t really good, either. I&#39;m not comfortable with our goalie situation. We haven&#39;t had a good goalie since Pelle.......oh never mind.

Every year, the Flyers string me along and make me a believer....only to watch me shed tears in the end. All you men are alike.

All League
    This WAS the year, I agree.

Now the question is..

Can we make another run and take it next year, like a NJ, OR, do we pull an Anaheim and disapear?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I dissagree that you need to blow it up completely. Don&#39;t forget that you DID take a step closer to the silver. Similar progress may be all that it takes.

Originally posted by Stewdawg@May 24 2004, 03:45 PM
    This WAS the year, I agree.

Now the question is..

Can we make another run and take it next year, like a NJ, OR, do we pull an Anaheim and disapear?
    I vote for pulling an Anaheim and disappearing. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> Just don&#39;t see it happening any time soon. I truly thought I&#39;d be having a Memorial Day weekend of fun watching my guys in the Finals.

And, my darling Jumba, we absolutely need to blow up the team. And when you get a chance, Sweetie, please call me to help me remove the pics from my signature. Being a F&#39;ers fan is now a huge embarrassment.

Brenjetsfan
    don&#39;t sweat it ggg.....the JETS will make up for your loss see ya tomorrow

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@May 24 2004, 01:01 PM
    Oh...and my the way.....Congrats, BucJeff....good luck--hope you guys win. Trust me, it took a lot for me to write that. :blink: I&#39;m a bitter, nasty woman since Saturday night.
    Thanks GG. Your starting to sound like a Philly fan now though...except for the "congratulations" part.

We&#39;ve been battle tested, now it&#39;s time to bring it home.

"And the Lord Stanley said &#39;Let there be Lightning&#39;"&#33;

Originally posted by BucJeff+May 25 2004, 07:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BucJeff @ May 25 2004, 07:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl@May 24 2004, 01:01 PM
    Thanks GG. Your starting to sound like a Philly fan now though...except for the "congratulations" part.

We&#39;ve been battle tested, now it&#39;s time to bring it home.

"And the Lord Stanley said &#39;Let there be Lightning&#39;"&#33; [/b][/quote]
    BucJeff: I&#39;m guilty of being a Flyers fan (not Sixers, not Eagles, not Phillies), but take offense to being likened to a Philly fan (the nastiest fans in the world&#33;&#33. :blink:

Again, good luck tonight. We&#39;ll debrief again tomorrow.

TomShane
    Take consolation in the fact that absolutely nobody is watching TB v. Calgary. In effect, the Flyers lost in the NHL Finals. After all, if nobosy is around to see it played, did it really happen?

Originally posted by TomShane@May 25 2004, 11:20 PM
    Take consolation in the fact that absolutely nobody is watching TB v. Calgary. In effect, the Flyers lost in the NHL Finals. After all, if nobosy is around to see it played, did it really happen?
    Thanks, Tom. I feel better already. <_<

I didn&#39;t even watch Game 1 last night. Who really cares.....besides BucJeff?