Thread: Fellow Democrats On Kerry.....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT)] also attacked Mr. Kerry's candidacy, saying he thought the senator would be a weak contender in the general election. 'He's going to have a hard time if he's the nominee,' Dr. Dean said. 'I think electability's a real issue for him. He appears to change his mind so often.' Dr. Dean went on to assert that Mr. Kerry's 'credibility is under enormous attack, repeatedly,' citing his votes in favor of the use of force in Iraq and of President Bush's education plan. 'He has this pattern,' Dr. Dean said, 'you saw it with No Child Left Behind, you saw it with the war, you see it with special interests, which I think is terribly damaging. It appears that his word is no good.'"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I've always thought Kerry was a terrible candidate," [Slate.com Commentator Mickey] Kaus, a Democrat, said in an interview. "I think he is proving that ... now. Democrats are definitely panicking."

------------------------------------------------------------------

SEN. JOE LIEBERMAN (D-CT): "I thought that John Kerry’s statement in his announcement address -- that he voted for the resolution just to threaten Saddam Hussein -- was unbelievable. It was clearly an authorization for President Bush to use force against Saddam ... [W]e also don’t need a waffler in charge of our country’s future."

------------------------------------------------------------------

“Now that U.S. Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts is the apparent Democratic nominee, [South Dakota Democrat Congressional Candidate Stephanie] Herseth was asked Thursday if he might be coming to campaign for her before the June 1 election. She laughed. ‘I just don’t see that there would be any interest from my campaign or the national party,’ she said.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SEN. ZELL MILLER (D-GA): "They don't know John Kerry's record. They haven't examined it. This is a very vulnerable candidate on several issues. ... [H]e is the Olympic gold medalist, when it comes to special interest money. I also think that he is very vulnerable on the issues of national security. ... [I]f you look at his voting record, it is terrible as far as it comes to national defense and helping fund a good intelligence unit."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buyers remorse :lol:

Kerry is a bonafide joke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Edwards were the candidate he would have a 15 point lead on Bush right now. If Kerry loses the Dems would have blown a golden opportunity to sieze power.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have to agree with you...
    Kerry is a weak candidate and and there is no reason why the dems shouldn't win this election. he needs to pick Mccain or Edwards for VP..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worst of all possible worlds?

The Dems dump Kerry and Take Hillary instead? With Edwards as VP Candidate?

Would that Combo defeat Bush in 2004? Possibly it seems, however unlikely it is that such a move could occur.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 24 2004, 11:44 AM
    [b] i have to agree with you...
    Kerry is a weak candidate and and there is no reason why the dems shouldn't win this election. he needs to pick Mccain or Edwards for VP.. [/b][/quote]
    The Ticket that had a good chance was Edwards that has some
    Kennedy type Charisma and Gen Clark as VP! No Way will John
    McCain take VP and you don't vote for VP anyway! I still think
    Hillary has something up her Sleeve! Bill and Hillary run the Party! ;)