Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lowest ratings ever!!!

bush's rating at all time low!!!F-him..he's gotta go.

(CBS) The war in Iraq continues to tarnish the approval ratings of President Bush. Evaluations of the way Mr. Bush is handling the war in Iraq, how he is handling foreign policy, and how he is handling his job overall are now at their lowest levels ever in his presidency.

Mr. Bush's overall job approval rating has continued to decline. Forty-one percent approve of the job he is doing as president, while 52 percent disapprove — the lowest overall job rating of his presidency. Two weeks ago, 44 percent approved. A year ago, two-thirds did.

Sixty-one percent of Americans now disapprove of the way Mr. Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while just 34 percent approve.

As concern about the situation in Iraq grows, 65 percent now say the country is on the wrong track — matching the highest number ever recorded in CBS News Polls, which began asking this question in the mid-1980's. Only 30 percent currently say things in this country are headed in the right direction. One year ago, in April 2003, 56 percent of Americans said the country was headed in the right direction.

The last time the percentage that said the country was on the wrong track was as high as it is now was back in November 1994. Then, Republicans swept into control of both houses of Congress for the first time in decades.

Majorities disapprove of the way Mr. Bush is handling foreign policy and the economy. Terrorism remains the only positive area for the president — a majority of 51 percent approve of the way he is handling the campaign against terrorism. But that number matches his lowest rating ever on terrorism.

Just 37 percent — the lowest number in his presidency — now approve of Mr. Bush's handling of foreign policy, while 56 percent disapprove. Mr. Bush's ratings on the economy are similar: 36 percent approve of his handling of it and 57 percent disapprove.

On the campaign against terrorism, however, Mr. Bush receives more positive ratings. Fifty-one percent of Americans approve of the job he is doing, while 42 percent disapprove. Fifty percent say his administration's policies have made the country safer from terrorism, not much changed from what people said a month ago.

THE ECONOMY

Americans' perceptions of the country's economy are similar to what they were last month. 52 percent think the economy is in good shape, while 47 percent think it is in bad shape.

While more Americans say the economy is good than bad, the public's outlook for the economy is not very optimistic. Just 23 percent (down from 30 percent last month) say the economy is getting better, 32 percent (up from 26 percent last month) say it is getting worse. Forty-three percent think it is staying the same.

Little good economic news has been heard by the public, despite the improvement in job growth in March and April. Nearly half continue to say the administration's policies have decreased the number of jobs in the U.S. Twenty percent say those policies have increased the number of jobs, up six points since March. A quarter thinks this administration's policies have had no effect on the number of jobs.

Many Americans remain concerned that they or someone in their household may lose their job over the next year. Sixty percent are very or somewhat concerned, while 49 percent are not at all concerned about losing their job.

The economy and the war in Iraq are the two top issues on voters' minds in this presidential election. Twenty-five percent mention the economy and jobs as the issue they want the candidates to discuss and 26 percent of voters say they would like to hear about the war in Iraq. Following these top issues are healthcare and Medicare with 8 percent, education with 4 percent, and rising gas prices — a new concern — with 4 percent.

CBS....

That beacon of journalistic integrity....

Here's all you need to know about CBS....

[url=http://www.ratherbiased.com/]http://www.ratherbiased.com/[/url]

so you support a president who outright lied to you, spent 100 Billion dollars (which SOMeHOW will end up back in halliburtons pockets, killed 16,000 people, undid 30 years of environmental law, used mafiosa tactics on any admin official who questioned him, has yet to find bin laden, has backed out of treaty and siglehandedly lost allys...

anyone who supports that is NOT a real American

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 24 2004, 02:01 PM
    [b] so you support a president who outright lied to you, spe killed 16,000 Serbs who did NOTHING to us , undid Monica Lewinsky's dress in the Oval Office, used mafiosa tactics on any admin official who questioned him, never hunted for bin laden, has backed out of treaty and siglehandedly lost allys...

anyone who supports that is NOT a real American [/b][/quote]
    No....I did NOT support Bill Clinton......

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+May 24 2004, 02:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ May 24 2004, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@May 24 2004, 02:01 PM
    [b] so you support a president who outright lied to you, spe killed 16,000 Serbs who did NOTHING to us , undid Monica Lewinsky&#39;s dress in the Oval Office, used mafiosa tactics on any admin official who questioned him, never hunted for bin laden, has backed out of treaty and siglehandedly lost allys...

anyone who supports that is NOT a real American [/b][/quote]
    No....I did NOT support Bill Clinton...... [/b][/quote]
    don&#39;t forget how he looked the other way while 800K Rwandans were killed and had his boy Dickie Clark cook the books to make it look like he really did something about it :(

1 million sudanese are dying right now...
    you guys are not real americans..
    this war of agression is wrong...period. if you support you will go down just like the roman empire.

go back to france you anti americans..

All Pro
    All this and the best boy kerry can do is tie in the polls. Why exactly would us cons want to go to the liberal motherland (france). You&#39;re the one that wants to wave the white flag.

PS - you forgot the 2 million jobs lost and the stock market in the toilet talking points.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@May 24 2004, 02:48 PM
    [b] All this and the best boy kerry can do is tie in the polls.

PS - you forgot the 2 million jobs lost and the stock market in the toilet talking points. [/b][/quote]
    Actually weeb in the same poll Kerry has a 49 to 41 lead over Bush.

That poll was conducted by CBS News and The New York Times.... Two left wing liberal institutions that want to see Bush defeated badly....

I wonder how many points Bush would be ahead in a poll conducted by an independent polling organization that doesn&#39;t have an agenda.......

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@May 24 2004, 09:43 PM
    [b] I wonder how many points Bush would be ahead in a poll conducted by an independent polling organization that doesn&#39;t have an agenda....... [/b][/quote]
    everyone has an agenda.

unfortunately.

There&#39;s a very good reason why Bush&#39;s approval ratings are so low, because [b]HE SUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b]

IMO...for the good of the country Bush ought to withdraw his candidacy for re-election. Clearly he and his administration are incapable of solving the mess they&#39;ve made in Iraq. As long as he&#39;s in the White House Iraq will never have a chance at attaining a peaceful resolution.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@May 24 2004, 08:16 PM
    [b] There&#39;s a very good reason why Bush&#39;s approval ratings are so low, because [b]HE SUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b]

IMO...for the good of the country Bush ought to withdraw his candidacy for re-election. Clearly he and his administration are incapable of solving the mess they&#39;ve made in Iraq. As long as he&#39;s in the White House Iraq will never have a chance at attaining a peaceful resolution. [/b][/quote]
    Like, dude, like, No Way&#33; Like, Bush is like, SO the Man&#33; Shyaahahaa, I mean, like, Really.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@May 24 2004, 05:43 PM
    [b] That poll was conducted by CBS News and The New York Times.... Two left wing liberal institutions that want to see Bush defeated badly....

I wonder how many points Bush would be ahead in a poll conducted by an independent polling organization that doesn&#39;t have an agenda....... [/b][/quote]
    Let&#39;s continue to spin, spin, spin on the Republican carousel &#39;till we puke all over our shoes&#33;

Sure, CBS is a liberal, left-wing biased billion dollar corporation who are just out to give Republicans a bad name, since they&#39;ve earned such a sparkling reputation thus far in American history. Can&#39;t you just put party affiliation aside for a split second and just look at what a TERRIBLE President Dubya has been? The only noteworthy thing he&#39;s done is capture Sadaam, which I&#39;m sure will earn him a few votes from uninformed morons. However, it should be noted that Sadaam wasn&#39;t the crazy bastard that had followers fly planes into our buildings during Georgie&#39;s first year in office. With all the problems in the world, George still feels that baseball is important enough of an issue in America that he mentions it in his State of the Union Address. "Well, Bin Laden&#39;s still on the loose, thousands of soldiers are dying for a war I sent them in to with no rhyme or reason, so...let&#39;s talk about BASEBALL&#33;" Give me a break. He didn&#39;t even win the 2000 election, and he has shown to be completely incompetent in this job. He&#39;s gotten to where he is simply on his last name. Steve Bush of the Cardinals should run on the Republican ticket for President whenever he retires and you morons would hail him as the greatest president since FDR.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll+May 24 2004, 09:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Troll @ May 24 2004, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--New England Hick[/i]@May 24 2004, 05:43 PM
    [b] That poll was conducted by CBS News and The New York Times.... Two left wing liberal institutions that want to see Bush defeated badly....

I wonder how many points Bush would be ahead in a poll conducted by an independent polling organization that doesn&#39;t have an agenda....... [/b][/quote]
    Let&#39;s continue to spin, spin, spin on the Republican carousel &#39;till we puke all over our shoes&#33;

Sure, CBS is a liberal, left-wing biased billion dollar corporation who are just out to give Republicans a bad name, since they&#39;ve earned such a sparkling reputation thus far in American history. Can&#39;t you just put party affiliation aside for a split second and just look at what a TERRIBLE President Dubya has been? The only noteworthy thing he&#39;s done is capture Sadaam, which I&#39;m sure will earn him a few votes from uninformed morons. However, it should be noted that Sadaam wasn&#39;t the crazy bastard that had followers fly planes into our buildings during Georgie&#39;s first year in office. With all the problems in the world, George still feels that baseball is important enough of an issue in America that he mentions it in his State of the Union Address. "Well, Bin Laden&#39;s still on the loose, thousands of soldiers are dying for a war I sent them in to with no rhyme or reason, so...let&#39;s talk about BASEBALL&#33;" Give me a break. He didn&#39;t even win the 2000 election, and he has shown to be completely incompetent in this job. He&#39;s gotten to where he is simply on his last name. Steve Bush of the Cardinals should run on the Republican ticket for President whenever he retires and you morons would hail him as the greatest president since FDR. [/b][/quote]
    Me like baseball. Me like to spin too. Wheeeeeee... Wheeeeeeee... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee&#33; Oh, wait, I don&#39;t feel so good....

Tell me again about the wabbits, George

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll[/i]@May 24 2004, 09:24 PM
    [b] Steve Bush of the Cardinals should run on the Republican ticket for President whenever he retires and you morons would hail him as the greatest president since FDR. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, any smart conservative knows that FDR was a terrible president. He is the reason for many of todays ills.

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll+May 24 2004, 09:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Troll @ May 24 2004, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--New England Hick[/i]@May 24 2004, 05:43 PM

Sure, CBS is a liberal, left-wing biased billion dollar corporation who are just out to give Republicans a bad name, since they&#39;ve earned such a sparkling reputation thus far in American history. Can&#39;t you just put party affiliation aside for a split second and just look at what a TERRIBLE President Dubya has been? The only noteworthy thing he&#39;s done is capture Sadaam, which I&#39;m sure will earn him a few votes from uninformed morons. However, it should be noted that Sadaam wasn&#39;t the crazy bastard that had followers fly planes into our buildings during Georgie&#39;s first year in office. With all the problems in the world, George still feels that baseball is important enough of an issue in America that he mentions it in his State of the Union Address. "Well, Bin Laden&#39;s still on the loose, thousands of soldiers are dying for a war I sent them in to with no rhyme or reason, so...let&#39;s talk about BASEBALL&#33;" Give me a break. He didn&#39;t even win the 2000 election, and he has shown to be completely incompetent in this job. He&#39;s gotten to where he is simply on his last name. Steve Bush of the Cardinals should run on the Republican ticket for President whenever he retires and you morons would hail him as the greatest president since FDR. [/b][/quote]
    First off...Thousands of soldiers haven&#39;t died in the war so enough with the Liberal lies.... The figure is a little over seven hundred....That&#39;s seven hundred lost lives and a shame but far from your thousands....

Second....Yes US forces finally did track down and capture Saddam but what did Liberals have to say???? Did they congratulate the President or US Forces?????No....The military hating Blame America First crowd said it won&#39;t change things in Iraq.....This after belittling the President for months about the US inability to capture Saddam.... .... Incredulous........

Third..... 911 happened nine months into the Bush presidency.... Bill Clinton had eight years to do something about Bin Laden and did NOTHING.... You blame George Bush who was barely settled nine months into the White House for 911????

Bin Laden planned 9-11 3-4 years in advance of 9-11-01....That would have been about 1997-1998..... Guess who was at the helm of the US presidency during that period..... I guess he was to preoccupied with Monica to give his attention to Osama Bin Laden......

All League
    Charter JI Member

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20040525/stt040525.gif[/img]

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+May 24 2004, 09:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ May 24 2004, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--valleyjet[/i]@May 24 2004, 08:16 PM
    [b] There&#39;s a very good reason why Bush&#39;s approval ratings are so low, because [b]HE SUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b]

IMO...for the good of the country Bush ought to withdraw his candidacy for re-election. Clearly he and his administration are incapable of solving the mess they&#39;ve made in Iraq. As long as he&#39;s in the White House Iraq will never have a chance at attaining a peaceful resolution. [/b][/quote]
    Like, dude, like, No Way&#33; Like, Bush is like, SO the Man&#33; Shyaahahaa, I mean, like, Really. [/b][/quote]
    :D :D

[b]He didn&#39;t even win the 2000 election[/b]

That lines negates everything else you wrote. Try again next time.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Is there any coincidence the duds on this board go by names of "the [b]troll[/b]" "west coast [b]mole[/b]" "[b]outsider[/b]" and the like?