Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lowest ratings ever!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@May 25 2004, 07:27 AM
    [b] [b]He didn't even win the 2000 election[/b]

That lines negates everything else you wrote. Try again next time. [/b][/quote]
    Oh, my mistake. What I meant was: "He won the election based on a ancient rule put in by a group of white slaveowners that should have been abolished a hundred years ago. However, Al Gore got more votes, but who cares?! The bastards that vote in Rhode Island mean nothing, because their opinion isn't as valued as people in say, FLORIDA!!! CUZ FLORIDA'S BIGGER!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got one right. Good Job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll+May 26 2004, 02:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Troll @ May 26 2004, 02:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@May 25 2004, 07:27 AM
    [b] [b]He didn&#39;t even win the 2000 election[/b]

Oh, my mistake. What I meant was: "He won the election based on a ancient rule put in by a group of white slaveowners that should have been abolished a hundred years ago. However, Al Gore got more votes, but who cares?&#33; The bastards that vote in Rhode Island mean nothing, because their opinion isn&#39;t as valued as people in say, FLORIDA&#33;&#33;&#33; CUZ FLORIDA&#39;S BIGGER&#33;" [/b][/quote]
    Troll -

Our current voting system PROTECTS smaller states like Rhode Island or sparsely-populated states like Idaho and Wyoming. It&#39;s hilarious that you can&#39;t see that&#33; Each state gets electoral votes that are a ratio of the total amount of representatives in each state. Every state has 2 Senators, regardless of size or population, and then X amount of Congressmen in a ratio that is commensurate with their population, and those numbers are added up and the electoral vote amounts are determined for each state. So If we did direct democracy, of the kind you are advocating, Rhode Island wouldn&#39;t have a say. Many western, farming states like Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas and the like wouldn&#39;t either - candidates would simply pander to the largest, most populated states like Cali, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and those smaller, less urbanized states wouldn&#39;t even have a seat at the table. Electoral votes by state are winner-take-all, which also makes each individual state more important in the electoral college system. A candidate can win Cali by one vote and get ALL of California&#39;s electoral votes. Ditto for smaller states. If a state like Rhode Island that was tiny and had few electoral votes was NOT winner-take-all, they&#39;d be even LESS important in the overall scheme of things.

The electoral votes gap was 6 in 2000&#33; EVERY state mattered&#33;

Gore won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote. It was a bitterly-close election and since you obviously don&#39;t like Bush, I understand your frustration. But you&#39;re way off on your ranting about Rhodes Island and white slaveowners - that has nothing to do with anythng.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Troll+May 26 2004, 02:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Troll @ May 26 2004, 02:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@May 25 2004, 07:27 AM
    [b] [b]He didn&#39;t even win the 2000 election[/b]

Oh, my mistake. What I meant was: "He won the election based on a ancient rule put in by a group of white slaveowners that should have been abolished a hundred years ago. However, Al Gore got more votes, but who cares?&#33; The bastards that vote in Rhode Island mean nothing, because their opinion isn&#39;t as valued as people in say, FLORIDA&#33;&#33;&#33; CUZ FLORIDA&#39;S BIGGER&#33;" [/b][/quote]
    Its nice to see that you are willing to humbley admit your mistakes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your shirt makes no sense..Terrorists would vote for Bush..Because except for some half assed war in afghanistan Bush has not gone after terrorists yet..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pilgrim[/i]@May 26 2004, 11:11 AM
    [b] Your shirt makes no sense..Terrorists would vote for Bush..Because except for some half assed war in afghanistan Bush has not gone after terrorists yet.. [/b][/quote]
    Your mindless rants are of no interest to me. Its people like you who bring this board down. You have not changed at all in the four days since you&#39;ve been gone. Please do not respond to my posts as I will be ignoring yours.