Thread: My Latest Knicks article.

The Knicks are rumored to pursue quite a few ball players this off-season but, I'm going to give you a list of 6 or 7 of the most sought-after players. And I will ONLY give you informantion on players that are at least posible Knicks (I won't be writing about Kobe, let's put it that way). Well, as the ads for the NBA playoffs say: LET'S GET IT STARTED!!!

Mehmet Okur: This guy is a real possibility for the Knicks. He has wanted out of Detroit for a while now. Several Newspapers have said that Isiah is willing to pick up Okur at all costs. However, there is some real substance to the rumor that the Los Angeles Lakers may offer Okur a much bigger contract if they lose Kobe to the broad free-agent market. The fight for Okur will include the Knicks, (possibly) Golden State, (possibly) Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, and others. The favorites are the Lakers because many people believe that Kobe will land in Atlanta, Denver (I know about the court...), Phoenix or even.....NEW YORK!!! If I had to guess I'd say that Kobe will land in Phoenix and that the Lakers will pick up Okur.

Rasheed Wallace: You knew it was coming...Yes it's true, Rasheed may land in New York. But for all my fellow Knicks fans let me just calm you down a little bit. He is a member of contending team, his family loves Detroit, Rasheed loves Larry Brown, he's made friends with a bunch of Pistons players, the people of Detroit love him, and we can only offer the Mid-level exception. Too bad, huh? Just a dream, I guess, but we can dream. Maybe, just maybe, Isiah will work his magic!

Jamal Crawford: This rumor is probably the least likely of them all. The Knicks would trade Kurt Thomas and Frank Williams. Chicago would ship Jamal Crawford and Eddy Robinson to New York. Don't count on it.

My spin on the Crawford trade? I have the Clippers missing out on Kobe, they will redeem themselves by snagging Crawford as a restricted free agent.

Eddy Curry: The Knicks would end up trading Kurt Thomas and some throw-ins. Chicago would probably toss Eddy Curry and Jerome Williams out to us. Don't count this rumor out, Isiah is supposedly very high on Curry and he may stop at nothing to get his paws on him.

Chris Webber: Now this is a match made in heaven. The Knicks and the Kings will possibly work out a deal in which the Knicks will recieve Doug Christie and Chris Webber. The Knicks would trade several players, their names are not mentioned but among them will certainly be Kurt Thomas and Allan Houston this trade works out perfectly for the Kings, Knicks, Webber, and Christie. If the trade happens then the Knicks will easily become legitimate title contenders. This trade is unlikely because the shift from a lay-up oriented team and instantly become a perimeter reliant team. Chris Webber expressed interested in joining the Knicks in the past (Sprewell), this could play a big role in the trade.

Emeka Okafor: Yee-ha! It's time to stir things up a bit, isn't it? Yes it's true, Isiah loves Emeka Okafor. Some teams (cough) Chicago (cough) are backing off of Emeka Okafor because of the pesty back spasms. However the back problems are not real concerns for Isiah. Isiah has expressed intrest in Emeka and we know that he can get his man. However, Okafor is 6"9 big man with back problems and a lack of talent in the paint while facing his defender. The trade will probably yet again involve Chicago and nobody knows who may be traded and who may be released. But we do know that there is some substance to this rumor as it was reported on ESPNEWS at one point in the past few weeks and has been mentioned on radio programs. New York wouldn't get much immediate impact out of Okafor, but I doubt any Knicks fans would be disappointed if you catch my drift.

Around the League:

Phil Jackson has been hinting that he will be stepping down as head coach of the Lakers. He has said that he wants to coach the Knicks (He played for Red Holzman back in the day), but word is he'll be not only be stepping down from the Lakers job, but will retire.

For more rumors and analysis check out my next article!

Thats mine...what do you guys think?

Banned
    If the Clippers miss out on Kobe, Jamal Crawford isn't going to redeem themselves. If we miss out on Kobe, then just resign Quentin Richardson. Shooting guard problem solved.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rashweed: This would be a risky addition, not because he requires his own personnal shrink, but because of the plantar fascitis. As one who suffers from heel spurs, I know that this dosen't just disappear easily. His best days are behind him.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@May 24 2004, 09:26 PM
    Rashweed: This would be a risky addition, not because he requires his own personnal shrink, but because of the plantar fascitis. As one who suffers from heel spurs, I know that this dosen't just disappear easily. His best days are behind him.
    I'm with you regarding Sheed. We had Glen Rice with the same injury, and got nothing out of him that season.

Because of their injury histories, guys like Webber scare me also. Who needs a guy who plays 45 games a season?

You guys don&#39;t watch enough basketball... <_<

All Pro
    Originally posted by The Troll@May 24 2004, 11:30 PM
    If the Clippers miss out on Kobe, Jamal Crawford isn&#39;t going to redeem themselves. If we miss out on Kobe, then just resign Quentin Richardson. Shooting guard problem solved.
    Clippers will never go anywhere and they will definitely not get Kobe. Clippers should be moved to Anaheim.

Troll, where do you live?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Knickerbocker@May 25 2004, 12:37 PM
    My team has played quite a few games the last 3 years. <_<

All Pro
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+May 25 2004, 06:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JumbalayaJet @ May 25 2004, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Knickerbocker@May 25 2004, 12:37 PM
    My team has played quite a few games the last 3 years. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve been watching plenty of Laker games. I actually watched the Detroit/Indiana game last night. :blink:

TomShane
    The Knicks should do this::

1) Hire Eric Musselman as HC- Wilkens is a fossil and the players seemed to tune him out by the end of last season. Musselman is a young, energetic guy who worked well with Golden State&#39;s youth the last two seasons. He&#39;d be an immediate hit with the players and on Madison Avenue.

2) Ship Allan Houston anywhere, for anything- He basically gave the big F.U. to the team last season by sitting out the playoffs. Isiah has to despise this last remnant of the Scott Layden Error/Era and should leave him unprotected on the Expanison Draft list and hope that Charlotte bites. They love white dudes in Charlotte, so it might work.

3) See if Kobe will come here for less dough- Homeboy might do it just to put it in Shaq&#39;s ear. He has to know that going to the Suns is career suicide. The only question is, will there be enough balls for Kobe and Marbury?

Banned
    Originally posted by NYJ310+May 25 2004, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NYJ310 @ May 25 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Troll@May 24 2004, 11:30 PM
    If the Clippers miss out on Kobe, Jamal Crawford isn&#39;t going to redeem themselves. If we miss out on Kobe, then just resign Quentin Richardson. Shooting guard problem solved.
    Clippers will never go anywhere and they will definitely not get Kobe. Clippers should be moved to Anaheim.

Troll, where do you live? [/b][/quote]
    In a remote, secluded shack along in the westernmost mountains of Montana.

All Pro
    Originally posted by The Troll+May 26 2004, 04:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Troll @ May 26 2004, 04:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -NYJ310@May 25 2004, 01:58 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--The Troll
    @May 24 2004, 11:30 PM

In a remote, secluded shack along in the westernmost mountains of Montana. [/b][/quote]
    How did you become a Clipper fan?

Banned
    Originally posted by NYJ310+May 27 2004, 05:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NYJ310 @ May 27 2004, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -The Troll@May 26 2004, 04:11 AM
    Originally posted by -NYJ310@May 25 2004, 01:58 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--The Troll
    @May 24 2004, 11:30 PM

In a remote, secluded shack along in the westernmost mountains of Montana.
    How did you become a Clipper fan? [/b][/quote]
    Actually, I live in Louisiana. I was a Pacers/Heat fan growing up, but the lockout really turned me off of basketball completely. Sometime late in 1999 or so, I decided I&#39;d root for the Clippers, as whenever I saw them on ESPNEWS, they always had exciting highlights. They were a young, exciting team and I&#39;d figured in a few years, they&#39;d be a really good team. Years have passed, and they still suck. All those young exciting players play somewhere else, but I&#39;m still loyal to my sh&#33;tty Clippers.

Originally posted by TomShane@May 25 2004, 10:48 PM
    The Knicks should do this::

1) Hire Eric Musselman as HC- Wilkens is a fossil and the players seemed to tune him out by the end of last season. Musselman is a young, energetic guy who worked well with Golden State&#39;s youth the last two seasons. He&#39;d be an immediate hit with the players and on Madison Avenue.

2) Ship Allan Houston anywhere, for anything- He basically gave the big F.U. to the team last season by sitting out the playoffs. Isiah has to despise this last remnant of the Scott Layden Error/Era and should leave him unprotected on the Expanison Draft list and hope that Charlotte bites. They love white dudes in Charlotte, so it might work.

3) See if Kobe will come here for less dough- Homeboy might do it just to put it in Shaq&#39;s ear. He has to know that going to the Suns is career suicide. The only question is, will there be enough balls for Kobe and Marbury?
    I like your choice for a HC. I think he is a good guy and will eventually be a solid Hc in the NBA.

I think that the Knicks will leave Houston unprotected, as well as Penny, Norris and Anderson. They will pray that the Bobcats grab 1 of these guys. I doubt it though. There will be 12 players selected from the 30 teams, so not every team loses someone. Knicks are the team praying to lose someone, but probably won&#39;t.

(Demarr Johnson and Vin Baker do not have to be protected. Knicks will protect the following: Marbury, Williams, Thomas, T., Thomas, K., Mutombo, Nazr, Sweetney and Harrington. Mutombo and Harrington are trade fodder, as they are on the last season of long term deals)