Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarke Testimony Discredits "Fahrenheit 911"

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good thing for Bush-bashing conspiracy filmmaker Michael Moore that the folks who run the Cannes Film Festival weren't paying much attention to the 9/11 Commission hearings earlier this year.

Otherwise they might have figured out that the central premise of Moore's film "Fahrenheit 911" - that President Bush let Osama bin Laden's relatives escape the U.S. and fly off to Saudi Arabia after the 9/11 attacks - has already been debunked.

What's more, the debunker in question, former White House terrorism czar Richard Clarke, has impeccable Bush-bashing credentials, authoring an entire book claiming that the Bush White House didn't do enough to prevent the 9/11 attacks.

But there's one allegation Clarke doesn't include in his anti-Bush bill of particulars - Moore's charge that he let the bin Ladens get away. Why not?

Because Clarke himself has already admitted to making that decision himself.

"I was making - or coordinating a lot of decisions on 9/11 in the days immediately after," he told the 9/11 Commission in late March, saying that the proposal to authorize the bin Laden fly-out was brought directly to him.

Clarke's testimony turned vague about what happened after that, but his comments to Vanity Fair magazine last August made it crystal clear who approved the bin Ladens' escape.

"My role was to say it can't happen until the FBI approves it," he told writer Craig Unger. "And so the FBI was asked - we had a live connection to the FBI - and we asked the FBI to make sure that they were satisfied that everybody getting on that plane was someone that it was O.K. to leave."

Then Clarke confessed, "And [the FBI] came back and said, yes it was fine with them. So we said fine, let it happen."

Maybe it's not too late for the judges at Cannes to rescind Mr. Moore's "Golden Palm" award for trying to palm off his movie fantasy as a documentary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That piece of trash is about as believable as Shrek 2 unless of course you're French or a jackal leftist. Moore is a traitor and an absolute disgrace to America.

Move to France you fat pig.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys are hilarious... anyone who disagrees with the worst president since LBJ should move to France... what happened to freedom of speech - oh wait i forgot you can only speak freely if it's favorable to the President

doesn't it irk you a little that your man bush needs such constant defending ... maybe just maybe everyone isn't wrong and he isn't right?

Moore's movie is the best campaign ad Kerry never paid for! it's gonna get distributed by someone like Newmarket and make a mint

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 25 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] That piece of trash is about as believable as Shrek 2 unless of course you're French or a jackal leftist. Moore is a traitor and an absolute disgrace to America.

Move to France you fat pig. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah. I remember really respecting Jet Set Junta when he was around here, but his failure to recognize Moore for being a complete hack was always puzzling to me....

Moore is a disgrace. Just go to [url]www.mooreexposed.com[/url], it's a funny site.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 25 2004, 11:59 AM
    [b] you guys are hilarious... anyone who disagrees with the worst president since LBJ should move to France... what happened to freedom of speech - oh wait i forgot you can only speak freely if it's favorable to the President

doesn't it irk you a little that your man bush needs such constant defending ... maybe just maybe everyone isn't wrong and he isn't right?

Moore's movie is the best campaign ad Kerry never paid for! it's gonna get distributed by someone like Newmarket and make a mint [/b][/quote]
    Actually, we dont have a problem with people disagreeing with the president. The thing we have a problem with is Americans who go to foreign soil to slander this country. We have a problem with a fat piece of ****e (who BTW fits the French description of fat boorish American to a tee) who goes out of his way to produce films which portray the US in an extremely negative light.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b] you guys are hilarious... anyone who disagrees with the worst president since LBJ should move to France... what happened to freedom of speech - oh wait i forgot you can only speak freely if it's favorable to the President

[/b][/quote]
    So it is safe to assume you feel Carter the peanut boy was a better President than LBJ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@May 25 2004, 12:03 PM
    [b] We have a problem with a fat piece of ****e (who BTW fits the French description of fat boorish American to a tee) who goes out of his way to produce films which portray the US in an extremely negative light. [/b][/quote]
    hey man the truth hurts... im not saying Moore is without selfish interest or is always right but it's time to face the facts this war was a poor idea from the start - and our President has led us down a road with no happy ending.

the US portrayed in a negative light is what it deserves

unless of course you really believe that we are in Iraq to make those people free.

LOL that's a good one. :lol:

another double standard - Michael Moore is a self-centered liar ... a hack who is completely dominated by treasonous hatred... but Bush is looking out for everyone else&#39;s interests with this war. He&#39;s freeing not only the Iraqi people but the entire middle east&#33;&#33;&#33; and he&#39;s doing it with Bombs and Soldiers&#33; He only kills to be kind&#33; what a great guy&#33; <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] you guys are hilarious... anyone who disagrees with the worst president since LBJ should move to France... what happened to freedom of speech - oh wait i forgot you can only speak freely if it&#39;s favorable to the President

doesn&#39;t it irk you a little that your man bush needs such constant defending ... maybe just maybe everyone isn&#39;t wrong and he isn&#39;t right?

Moore&#39;s movie is the best campaign ad Kerry never paid for&#33; it&#39;s gonna get distributed by someone like Newmarket and make a mint [/b][/quote]
    Disagreeing and flat out lying are 2 different things but since you seem to sip the Moore kool - aid your response is as predictable as ever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    pope where did Moore outright Lie?

did you see the movie

[b]or just get told what to think about it?[/b]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 25 2004, 12:19 PM
    [b] pope where did Moore outright Lie?

did you see the movie

[b]or just get told what to think about it?[/b] [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve read all the fabrications he&#39;s put forth in the flick.

I wouldn&#39;t spend a penny on such trash but why don&#39;t you give us a review of it when you flock to the show with all the other sheep.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don&#39;t go to the movies unless it&#39;s something big... didn&#39;t see the bowling one and i almost definately won&#39;t see this one... but it&#39;s just comforting to me that movies like that get made.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] you guys are hilarious... anyone who disagrees with the worst president since LBJ should move to France... what happened to freedom of speech - oh wait i forgot you can only speak freely if it&#39;s favorable to the President
    [/b][/quote]
    Michael Moore = anyone?

I&#39;m confused - exactly how has Moore&#39;s freedom of speech been infringed upon?

All you ever do is rip the president for free in this forum. Don&#39;t you realize how absurd that makes your "Freedom of speech&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?" whines seem?

Hugs &#39;n&#39; Kisses,

5ever

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever i&#39;ve been called treasonous and an anti-semite for my comments... i guess that&#39;s free speech too, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 25 2004, 12:38 PM
    [b] 5ever i&#39;ve been called treasonous and an anti-semite for my comments... i guess that&#39;s free speech too, right? [/b][/quote]
    Of [i]course [/i]it is. Why, you don&#39;t think it is?

Free speech works both ways and often requires allowing people to say nasty things.

You are allowed to call Bush incompetent and others are allowed to freely react to that comment. What&#39;s the problem?

I have never called you treasonous or anti-semitic, and I don&#39;t choose to speak in such ways. But I am certainly [i]free [/i]to do so if I wish.

Moore can say whatever he wants and he does. His movie has been made, financed and will be distributed, His books sell like hotcakes. So do Coulters and other who ripped Clinton when he was Prez. And people like pope are free to rip Moore if they so choose.

You just objecto to and disagree with pope&#39;s reaction to Moore - this has nothing to do with free speech. Pope supports Bush, of course he&#39;s going to dislike Moore intensely. Pope never said anything about Moore being arrested or silenced or whatever. You just casually throw out things about free speech that have nothing to do with anything....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+May 25 2004, 12:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ May 25 2004, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@May 25 2004, 11:59 AM

[/b][/quote]
    So it is safe to assume you feel Carter the peanut boy was a better President than LBJ? [/b][/quote]
    Waiting for a response.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever there&#39;s a thin line between protecting free speech and McCarthism...

free speech doesn&#39;t protect the right to slander or libelous comments

that&#39;s like saying the right to bear arms allows me to shoot people... hey im just using my right to bear arms right?

yeah Pope has his right to say whatever and I have my right to say whatever - but once it crosses over into personal attacks that&#39;s not protected by anyone... least of all the JETS Insider board&#33;

my comment was directed toward&#39;s Pope&#39;s "love it or leave it" statement... according to Pope I&#39;m a traitor for disagreeing with the President. Moore should be deported and all resistance crushed...

---

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 25 2004, 01:44 PM
    [b] my comment was directed toward&#39;s Pope&#39;s "love it or leave it" statement... according to Pope I&#39;m a traitor for disagreeing with the President. Moore should be deported and all resistance crushed...

[/b][/quote]
    :lol: Now I&#39;m calling for the deportation of Michael Moore. This is classic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah Pope im such a liar

[quote][b] Moore is a traitor and an absolute disgrace to America.

sorry you didn&#39;t want him deported ... just have him move to france willingly... or perhaps put to death for treason? ( you know what the punishment for treason is don&#39;tcha? )

treason is the most serious crime a citizen can be charged with.

you think they should put me to death? that&#39;s what you are saying when you call people a traitor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why Moore didn&#39;t cook up a documentary about Clinton bombing Iraq to defer attention away from him getting blown by an intern and not because Hussein was compiling WMD&#39;s. That would have been full of lies, rigth bit :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 25 2004, 02:00 PM
    [b] oh yeah Pope im such a liar

[quote][b] Moore is a traitor and an absolute disgrace to America.

sorry you didn&#39;t want him deported ... just have him move to france willingly... or perhaps put to death for treason? ( you know what the punishment for treason is don&#39;tcha? )

treason is the most serious crime a citizen can be charged with.

you think they should put me to death? that&#39;s what you are saying when you call people a traitor [/b][/quote]
    Move or "Deport him"......that&#39;s really hard to distinguish :rolleyes:

And if i call someone&#39;s girlfriend a PIG, doesn&#39;t mean I actually think she is a little pink animal with a tail and a snout.

It&#39;s ok for you to call people "brainwashed" though, right bit?