Thread: The Habitually Lying White House. They even lied

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out this White House can't even bring itself to be truthful about a minor bike mishap. Deputy White House spokesman Trent Duffy indicated that Bush's fall was due to the loose topsoil caused because "It's been raining a lot". Well according to the National Weather Service prior to Bush's fall on Saturday May 22nd the last time it rained in Crawford, TX was on Friday May 14th and that rain was only .03 of an inch!

So if this White House cannot even tell the truth about something so small like this, how can we trust them to tell the truth about our most important issues?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FOXNEWS.COM
    Bush Gets Scraped Up in Bike Mishap

Saturday, May 22, 2004

CRAWFORD, Texas President Bush (search) suffered cuts and bruises early Saturday afternoon when he fell while mountain biking on his ranch, White House spokesman Trent Duffy said.

Bush was on the 16th mile of a 17-mile ride when he fell, Duffy said. He was riding with a military aide, members of the Secret Service (search) and his personal physician, Dr. Richard Tubb.

"He had minor abrasions and scratches on his chin, upper lip, nose, right hand and both knees," Duffy said. "Dr. Tubb, who was with him, cleaned his scratches, said he was fine. The Secret Service offered to drive him back to the house. He declined and finished his ride."

Bush was wearing his bike helmet and a mouth guard when the mishap occurred. Duffy said he didn't know exactly how the accident happened.

"It's been raining a lot and the topsoil is loose," the spokesman said.[b]LIE!!![/b] "You know this president. He likes to go all out. Suffice it to say he wasn't whistling show tunes."

Bush left Crawford shortly after the bike mishap for Austin, where he was attending a private party of his daughter, Jenna, who graduated from the University of Texas (search) earlier in the day.

As he departed from the presidential helicopter with his wife, scrapes were visible on the president's right temple and on his chin. Close-up shots taken by photographers revealed other scrapes above his lip and on the end of his nose. When he waved to the crowd greeting him at the airport, a small bandage could be seen on his right palm.

Earlier this month, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry took a spill from his bicycle while riding with Secret Service agents through Concord, Mass., about 18 miles north of Boston. Kerry fell when his bike hit a patch of sand. He was not injured.

Told about Bush's mishap, Kerry said, "I hope he's OK. I didn't know the president rode a bike."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't this just a little bit of a reach just to criticize the Administration? Your point that the Administration cannot be trusted becuase of THIS is just silly IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@May 25 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b] Earlier this month, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry took a spill from his bicycle while riding with Secret Service agents through Concord, Mass., about 18 miles north of Boston. Kerry fell when his bike hit a patch of sand. He was not injured.

Told about Bush's mishap, Kerry said, "I hope he's OK. I didn't know the president rode a bike." [/b][/quote]
    It's Documented and been on both Radio and TV about Kerry's Training Wheels remark..Which I thought was funny..Why not try your Great
    Dectecive skills on finding out why Arabs hold Weddings at 3:00am on
    the Syrian Border?? <_< :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 25 2004, 09:08 PM
    [b] Your point that the Administration cannot be trusted becuase of THIS is just silly IMO. [/b][/quote]
    No Warfish, that&#39;s not my point at all&#33;

My point is that these people in the White House are pack of pathological liars who can&#39;t even tell the truth about something as stupid and minor as a bike mishap. So if Bush and Co. cannot be trusted to tell the truth about something as minor as this, how can we trust them to tell us the truth on the important issues facing our country?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+May 25 2004, 09:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet @ May 25 2004, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@May 25 2004, 09:08 PM
    [b] Your point that the Administration cannot be trusted becuase of THIS is just silly IMO. [/b][/quote]
    No Warfish, that&#39;s not my point at all&#33;

My point is that these people in the White House are pack of pathological liars who can&#39;t even tell the truth about something as stupid and minor as a bike mishap. So if Bush and Co. cannot be trusted to tell the truth about something as minor as this, how can we trust them to tell us the truth on the important issues facing our country? [/b][/quote]
    So, basically your claim is that George Bush, and a cadre of his insiders, got together to plan how best to decieve the US population regrading his "accident", thus he is an unrepentantlt dishonest president.

Isn&#39;t it possible that the staffer who made the claim did NOT get this story from the Pres, and was simply wrong?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 25 2004, 10:13 PM
    [b] So, basically your claim is that George Bush, and a cadre of his insiders, got together to plan how best to decieve the US population regrading his "accident", thus he is an unrepentantlt dishonest president.

[/b][/quote]
    No of course not. My assertion is that these guys are just habitual kneejerk liars. They&#39;re so pathological that they probably don&#39;t even realize they&#39;re lying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D At least he didn&#39;t have to have his wife buy his bike for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Well according to the National Weather Service prior to Bush&#39;s fall on Saturday May 22nd the last time it rained in Crawford, TX was on Friday May 14th and that rain was only .03 of an inch&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

Once again, the selective facts... amazing how you failed to mention that on the 13th it rained nearly 3 inches, which is a TON when you live in a damn desert. Sure, still 10 days or so prior to the accident, but you are hyperbolizing everything. Whats more, you must not be from the south. We have isolated rains down here virtually everyday. It can be raining on one side of your driveway and sunny on the other. Just because there wasn&#39;t any rain recorded at some weather station (closest is Dallas Ft Worth -NONE in Crawford) doesn&#39;t mean it didn&#39;t rain nearby.

(I thought this post at another board was funny)

The dominant topsoil on slopes (in the crawford texas area) is called "caliche". It&#39;s got a lot of bentonite it, a clay which becomes slippery and ubstable when hydrated, and on north-facing slopes, will retain moisture for quite a long time. The lower slopes especially, due to drainage, stay wet long after the last rainfall. What we will need to ascertain is, azimuth, attitude, angle of approach, and velocity. A good topo map, plus affidavitsfrom witnesses, a study of bike tireology, and at least two independant medical reports on the injuries, will set the groundwork for a full investigation, with perhaps a congessional hearing if it turns out that he fell on a southern exposure slope, which, according to my charts, should have been less slippery than the president may or may not have indicated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God he wasn&#39;t eating a pretzel while he rode...we might be talking about President Cheney.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+May 25 2004, 10:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet @ May 25 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@May 25 2004, 10:13 PM
    [b] So, basically your claim is that George Bush, and a cadre of his insiders, got together to plan how best to decieve the US population regrading his "accident", thus he is an unrepentantlt dishonest president.

[/b][/quote]
    No of course not. My assertion is that these guys are just habitual kneejerk liars. They&#39;re so pathological that they probably don&#39;t even realize they&#39;re lying. [/b][/quote]
    Is every word that comes out of Al Frankens mouth gospel to you?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanInMaine[/i]@May 26 2004, 06:33 AM
    [b] :D At least he didn&#39;t have to have his wife buy his bike for him. [/b][/quote]
    Or an airplane for that matter :lol:

"[i]I did not have sex with that woman, Monika Lewinsky[/i]"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@May 26 2004, 09:24 AM
    [b] Is every word that comes out of Al Frankens mouth gospel to you? [/b][/quote]
    Is every dump the president takes gold to you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+May 26 2004, 09:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet @ May 26 2004, 09:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000[/i]@May 26 2004, 09:24 AM
    [b] Is every word that comes out of Al Frankens mouth gospel to you? [/b][/quote]
    Is every dump the president takes gold to you? [/b][/quote]
    Like...good one dood. gnarley... radical to the extreem..