Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the REAL grades are in

ok here are the judges PMs in no order, some are long some are short. More are on their way. Now you can officially argue. This is the key you need to figure out whose team is whose:

team 1 - young jets fan
    team 2 - jetlag
    team 3 - tomshane
    team 4 - exiled/huseralk
    team 5 - nyjet80
    team 6 - brodyman/hasty
    team 7 - GJ&H
    team 8 - jonejet
    team 9 - chad/buffalorocerk
    team 10- shadetree

JUDGE #1

ok...new order...

from best to worst

Team 2
    Team 8
    Team 7
    Team 3
    Team 4
    Team 9 - 4 &9 tied edge to Team 4 (Gruden)
    Team 6
    Team 1
    Team10
    Team 5 - 10 & 5 tied edge to 10 and Vick/Shanahan

JUDGE #2

I ranked these teams by seperating them into categories by position (Coaching, QB, RBs, WR corps, O-line, D-line, LBs, and Secondary)then added up the points to give them an overall grade. Note that I took into account the team's general manager when applying the coaching rating.

Let's begin:

Team One

QB: 9.5
    RB: 10.0
    WR: 8.5
    OL: 10.0
    DL: 10.0
    LB: 9.0
    S: 8.5
    ST: 8.0
    Coaching: 9.0
    Overall: 82.5

Really solid team, but if McNair goes down, they become an offense led by a rookie quarterback with a lot of young wide recievers and one huge over-rated locker room cancer. The offensive line is amazing, as is the defensive line, but the secondary suffers a little with an two aging players (Harrison and Glenn) and another unproven player in Eugene Wilson. That said, this team is certainly set for future years with all of the young talent. A very, very good team now and in future years.

Team Two

QB: 9.0
    RB: 9.0
    WR: 10.0
    OL: 9.0
    DL: 9.5
    LB: 9.5
    S: 9.5
    ST: 8.5
    Coaching: 10.0
    Overall: 84

Very good young quarterbacks that are helped by perhaps the best recieving corps in this draft. The extremely young, talented defensive line is only going to get better and the young team is helped by the tremendous coaching staff. Rudi Johnson provides much needed insurance for Fred Taylor. They have two top-notch corners in Ronde Barber and Nate Clements and another young corner with tons of potential. Overall, a very solid team with great depth.

Team Three
    QB: 8.0
    OL: 9.5
    DL: 7.5
    S: 10.0
    ST: 9.5
    Overall: 83.5

Although quarterback isn't this team's strongest suit, even Tom Brady could be a winner with this offense. They combine perhaps the best running back in the NFl in Clinton Portis, with possibly the fastest in Michael Bennett, and David Carr has the AFC Pro Bowl team to throw the ball too. Oh, and Marty Booker too. Not too shabby. The weakest position is defensive line, where rookie Tommie Harris is playing out of position. Casey Hampton is the ideal 3-4 nose tackle, but whether or not his end counterparts hold up is anyone's guess. The linebacking corps is young and fast and the secondary should get the ball back into Carr's hands with plenty of turnovers.

Team Four
    RB: 8.5
    WR: 9.0
    DL: 10.0
    LB: 10.0
    Coaching: 8.5
    Overall: 82.5

Defense wins championships and this team's defense is all around excellent. Four young rising stars that get after the quarterback at defensive line. Ray Lewis and Keith Bullock alone make the linebacking corps a ten, even if they have Quincy Stewart starting along with them. The secondary produces two shut-down corners and another excellent young corner in Fred Smoot and the hard hitting safeties complete the amazing defense. The offense is far less spectacular, but it doesn't matter anyway, because no one is going to score on them anyway.

Team Five
    QB: 8.5
    WR: 8.0
    DL: 9.5
    Coaching: 9.5
    Overall: 72.5

Excellent young team with a great coaching staff. The recievers are a bit of a question mark with Johnson, Price, and Wayne. Peerless Price had a downright awful season last year and Reggie Wayne has shown flashes, but needs more consistency. Eli Manning should help the team in the future, but Aaron Brooks is the starter now and he hasn't proven to be a winner in the NFL. The defense is young and fast and should really get after the quarterback. Lots of potential for the future, as well as some solid veterans.

Team Six
    QB: 10.0
    RB: 8.0
    WR: 7.5
    OL: 8.5
    DL: 8.0
    ST: 7.0
    Coaching: 9.5
    Overall: 76

With Brett Favre on the downside of his career, having Byron Leftwich is huge, as it ensures the team will be successful for years to come. From there, though, things go downhill, such as in who Favre will hand the ball to. One is a guy that averages 3.8 yards per carry CAREER, the other is a one time superstar whose career is now going into its twilight years. Moving on to wide recievers, Charles Rogers and Reggie Williams are good young talents, but have yet to prove anything. Darrell Jackson is nothing more than a second banana, which isn't good because this team doesn't have a proven FIRST banana at wideout. The offensive line should open plenty of holes so Ricky Williams can run 3 and a half yards through them. Solid team defensively, with the exception of Courtney "Gigantic Bust" Brown. Special teams wise, a rookie kicker is bad news, since this team should settle for a lot of field goals. They've got a lot of young talent, but their ability to win right now isn't very good.

Team Seven
    QB: 10.0
    HB: 10.0
    DL: 8.0
    LB: 8.5
    ST: 10.0
    Overall: 84

Explosive young offense, explosive young defense. This team is definitely built for the long haul, but I think they may be the most complete team in this entire draft. Not bad when a guy that led his team within an eyelash of winning the Super Bowl is the backup quarterback, and the NFL MVP is the starting quarterback. Add to that, a top five running back, three excellent young recievers, AND the best tight end in football and this offense is near unstoppable. The defensive line is the only question mark of the team. How will Ogunleye do without Jason Taylor's over-rated skinny ass on the other side of him? Is Dewayne Robertson going to live up to the hype of his high drafting? The secondary is young and led by veteran Tony Parrish. All in all an excellent young team with a superb coaching staff.

Team Eight
    QB: 8.5
    WR: 8.5
    LB: 9.5
    Overall: 82

Very good mix of young rising stars and smart veterans. I don't know how well the passing game is going to work, however, as Dante Culpepper's midget recievers will have a hard time catching a ball thrown 12 feet over their heads. That being said, Todd Heap should catch around 200 passes in this offense. Jonathan Sullivan at nose tackle is a bit of a question mark, as simply being a high draft pick doesn't automatically make you a good player. He has yet to prove his worth on the field. Leonard Little will be excellent until he goes and kills someone else, and Michael Strahan is starting to get to that tender age where the gap between himself and the elite linemen of the NFL becomes as large as the one between his teeth. The coaching, however, is rightgeous. Chuck Noll? Come on, now that's just disgusting!

Team Nine
    QB: 7.0
    RB: 9.5
    OL: 8.5
    LB: 7.5
    S: 8.0
    Coaching: 7.5
    Overall: 75

Where do we begin? First off, offensive coordinator Mike Martz is a MORON. That right there drops the coaching staff a couple notches. At quarterback, we have Donovan McNegro who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from 10 yards away. Luckily, he's backed up by Joey Harrington, who will become an excellent quarterback someday soon. The running backs are very good, even though Edgerin James just isn't the same as he once was. Doesn't matter, at least, until Ahman Green coughs the ball up to the other team. The recieving corps is easily the strength of this team. The defensive line boasts a true threat in Simeon Rice. And also two of the most over-rated defensive players in football in Jason Taylor and Chris Hovan. As for the linebacker corps, Sam Cowart is on it....yeah. The Carolina Panthers special teams unit is solid, however.

Team Ten
    RB: 7.5
    WR: 6.0
    LB: 6.5
    Coaching: 6.0
    Overall: 70.5

Michael Vick is an electrifying player, but he hasn't shown he can stay healthy. That's bad news since Carson Palmer is as dumb as a post and only had one good season in his four of college. Kevan Barlow is a solid running back, but he hasn't shown he can be a #1 guy yet, and his backup, Willis McGahee is a huge injury risk. The recieving corps is filled with underachievers. Koren Robinson and Ashley Lelie have yet to live up to their potential, and why Keshawn was even drafted is a mystery to me. Freddie Jones saves this tandem from being rated even lower. The offensive line is solid, and the defensive line would be much better without Mr. Over-Rated Warren Sapp. The linebacking corps is horrible, as D.J. Williams wasn't even the first Miami U linebacker selected in the NFL draft, Keith Brooking is coming off a terrible season, and James Farrior, is well, James Farrior. The potential of Williams is intriguing, but not much else is. The secondary is solid, thanks to the pairing of the two best young safeties in the game today. The special teams is also solid. However, other than Ozzie Newsome, a fine GM, the coaching staff isn't very impressive. Mike Shanahan has proved nothing to me other than that he can ride a legend to two Super Bowl wins, and head coach Lovie Smith is a first-year head coach. I don't think he can stand up in a league that includes guys like Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, and others with much more experience.

Ratings of the Teams
    1. Team Two (84)
    1. Team Seven (84)
    3. Team Three (83.5)
    4. Team One (82.5)
    4. Team Four (82.5)
    6. Team Eight (82)
    7. Team Six (76)
    8. Team Nine (75)
    9. Team Five (72.5)
    10. Team Ten (70.5)

Since we have a couple ties, including one at the top, I looked over the rosters again and just had to make a choice over which team I thought was better. Basically, just my gut, because all the teams that are tied are VERY solid.

1. Team Two (84)
    2. Team Seven (84)
    3. Team Three (83.5)
    4. Team Four (82.5)
    5. Team One (82.5)
    6. Team Eight (82)
    7. Team Six (76)
    8. Team Nine (75)
    9. Team Five (72.5)
    10. Team Ten (70.5)

JUDGE #3

1. (Team 4) Tom Brady is once again the beneficiary of a solid defense. The strongest back 7 of all the 10 teams led by Ray Lewis anchors this very solid defense. Ty Law and Champ Bailey at Cb, goods luck throwing against this team. Brady has a good enough running game, great TE in Shockey and some solid WR's to play with and is protected by a mammoth O-line. John Gruden one of the best coaches in the league rides this bunch to the top slot.

2. (Team 3) Is headed up by a stellar coaching staff and promising young qb David Carr. Carr has a couple outstanding WR's in Chad Johnson & Eric Moulds along with possibly the best TE to come out of college in a long long time in Winslow JR. Clinton Portis heads up a nice backfield and a the o-line is big & nasty. The defense has a tremendous secondary and solid d-line and LB corps to go along with it. The only question mark on this team is rookie Tommie Harris but Gibbs has himself a heck of a squad at the #2 slot.

3. (Team 1) Solid team up and down the roster, they better hope the often injured league MVP McNair doesn't finally break down with only inexperienced Philip Rivers left on the bench. This team has the most dominant front 4 along the d-line of any team and is backed up by a fantastic secondary. The lb's have a couple guys coming off severe injuries and that's a bit of concern. The offense with Jamal Lewis, Owens and a couple young but seemingly talented WR's should be fantastic. A rookie qb backing up McNair along with a couple suspect LB's are the only things keeping Bill Belichicks team out of the top slot. They chime in at slot #3.

4. (Team 7) Trots out a very high powered offense, Manning has a couple of tough Pro-bowlers in Boldin & Ward to throw to along with highly regarded rookie Larry Fitzgerald & top TE Gonzales. With 2 big, solid backs in Alexander & Davis they should be awfully tough to stop. The front 4 and secondary of this team is very talented but also a bit young and the jury is still out on a couple of these guys thus Jeff Fisher's squad slides in at the #4 slot.

5. (Team 2) Probably the best coaching staff top to bottom led by Bill Parcells. Chad Pennington leads a talented offense with a solid 1-2 punch in Taylor & Johnson in the backfield and a solid Trio at WR. This defense is fast and nasty highlited by Lavar Arrington, even the CB's in this secondary will bring the wood. This staff combined with this talent lands it in the #5 slot

6. (Team 8) This squad has probably the most electric offense of the 10 teams. Coles, Moss & Smith will give Culpepper 3 guys who can take it the distance anytime they get their hands on the ball, that coupled with Priest Holmes, Deuce & Todd Heap is downright frightening. However this team's defense is not up to snuff with it's offense, Jonathan Sullivan is a question mark along with a suspect secondary which includes the often injured Shawn Springs and rookie DeAngelo Hall. J.Lynch is coming off a a severe injury and is getting up in age along with Chavous. The LB corp is on this team is excellent. Chuck Knoll will simply outscore most teams with this club and Dante Hall is always an X-Factor on specials but their secondary is very questionable and that has them in at the #6 slot.

7. (Team 9) Another team with a dynamic offense, McNabb is throwing to the best WR corp of all the 10 teams and with Green & James running the ball it'll be tough to contain this machine. Joey Harrington is a bum and if McNabb goes down so does this team. The d-line is solid across the front, it's LB's are a little long in the tooth but still very good, the secondary is the weak link of this team. Dungy wishes he had a better back 7 otherwise his #7 ranking might be higher.

8. (Team 6) A crafty team led by Brett Farve has a solid running game with Ricky & Faulk running behind a mammoth o-line but the WR corp is a bit sketchy. Charles Rodgers has to prove his worth as a #2 overall pick, Darrel Jackson drops too many passes and Reggie Williams while promising is just that. This team has a good d-line with Brown being the weak link, behind them is a spectacular LB corp led by Spikes & Urlacher and behind them they have a secondary full of young talent and one savy vet. A couple holes here and there and some unanswered questions about a couple young players has Andy Reid and his squad sitting in the #8 slot.

9. (Team 10) Is led by superstar Mike Vick, however many questions need to be answered with this offense. Will Vick stay healthy and if not can Carson Palmer step in? Is McGahee healthy? Will Ashley Lelie finally show up? Will Keyshawn act up? Will Koren Robinson continue to drop balls? A descent d-line and Lb corp is backed up by a very good secondary with probably the best safety tandem of the 10 clubs. Too many questions marks with this club has them sitting in the #9 slot.

10. (Team 5) Brings up the rear of the league. Aaron Brooks is too inconsistant and Eli Manning needs a babysitter for a few years and you just can't win without solid QB play. Tomlinson is probably the best RB in the league but just like his chargers he's saddled with a last place team. A great front 4 and a descent LB is backed up by a suspect secondary. Marvin Lewis doesn't have enough magic for this crew.

thats it for now . . . if for some reason you know the judges who posted these - thank them, they really worked hard

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thanks to all the judges!!

I think there are 6 teams that could claim "best" team.

Excellent Job by the judges ... very detailed and thorough analysis

They had my team pegged... I drafted a team for the long haul, some young guys who no doubt lowered the grade just slightly, but the upside of this team is off the charts

But again, outstanding job by the judges ... really enjoyable read as well

Veteran
    Yes, thank you for your time even though you put me in the rear because of my quarterbacks :<!--emo&Angry:--><!--endemo--> ! Just kidding :lol: , anyway could judge #2 please put into consideration my special teams lol, I think it might raise my overall grade a little bit, I'll at least beat three more people.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seems as if the judges like Jetlags team......well done!!

Total points for all teams, all judges........10 pts for 1st, 1 for last

team 2 - jetlag.....25 pts (1)
    team 7 - GJ&H....24 pts (3)
    team 3 - tomshane....24 pts(3)
    team 4 - exiled/huseralk...23 pts(4)
    team 8 - jonejet....19 pts (5)
    team 1 - young jets fan....17 pts (6)
    team 6 - brodyman/hasty....11 pts (7)
    team 5-chad/buffalorocerk...10 pts (8)
    team 10- shadetree...5 pts (9)
    team 5 -nyjet80.....4 pts (10)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bitter
    Cool, so I guess after my defensive juggernaut wows the next two judges, I'll start working on my acceptance speach.

*Cough* TomShane AND SyracuseJet *Cough*

Bitter
    Man, I swear to god. Was it totally necessary for them to move this thread? I mean come on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by huskeralk@May 25 2004, 10:18 PM
    Man, I swear to god. Was it totally necessary for them to move this thread? I mean come on.
    There is sooooooooo much going on in the NFL right now....this thread would interfere with the main furum

Bitter
    Originally posted by JonEJet@May 25 2004, 09:23 PM
    There is sooooooooo much going on in the NFL right now....this thread would interfere with the main furum
    Man, for real, this is getting straight up tired. I think I might just go over to kffl and start posting NFL threads over here about Billy Bob Jackson and undrafted punter from Bethany College that just got signed by the Arizona Cardinals followed up by about 20 more irrelevent NFL threads.

Veteran
    Still in protest over judge number 2 that forgot to add my special teams points, come on man that can get me out of last place :lol: .

1st place, Woo Hoo! :lol:

Let's hope the rest of the judges are just as intelligent.

TomShane
    Originally posted by Jetlag@May 25 2004, 11:27 PM
    1st place, Woo Hoo! :lol:

Let's hope the rest of the judges are just as intelligent.
    Somebody is getting "Pennington Points." ....LOL!

Originally posted by TomShane+May 25 2004, 11:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ May 25 2004, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag@May 25 2004, 11:27 PM
    1st place, Woo Hoo&#33; :lol:

Let&#39;s hope the rest of the judges are just as intelligent.
    Somebody is getting "Pennington Points." ....LOL&#33; [/b][/quote]
    That or somebody&#39;s losing David Carr points. :lol:

Don&#39;t worry I&#39;ll bring this winning mentality to our All-time team. We&#39;ll be unstoppable Shane&#33;

Banned
    Originally posted by nyjet80@May 25 2004, 08:36 PM
    Still in protest over judge number 2 that forgot to add my special teams points, come on man that can get me out of last place :lol: .

Rookie returner hurts you and I had Ryan Longwell on my fantasy team last year. He isn&#39;t that great.

Sorry for the blunder. Someone please make the neccessary adjustments and get this poor bastard I screwed over out of last place&#33;