Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Time Fantasy Draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post all your discussions pertaining to the picks here, no draft picks submitted here. Try and keep all the conversations to this thread and only the picks to the other thread. Thank you .

Position List ~

Coaching Staff - 1 HC, 1 GM
    Offense - 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 1 FB, 3 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 OT's, 2 OG's, 1 C
    Defense - 3 DE's, 2 or 3 DT's, 4 or 5 LB's, 3 CB's, 3 S's
    Special Teams - 1 K, 1 P, 1 KR

Rules / Various Information

* The draft will be 36 rounds long.

* Position swapping is allowed but only in certain instances.
    ~~ Player has played the position at one point in their career
    ~~ OTís / OGís / DEís for these it doesnít matter since a change from left to right is not that big of a change. Tackles however cannot be picked to play guard and guards cannot be picked to play tackle.
    ~~ No switching S to CB or CB to S unless rule #1 applies. You can however interchange between FS and SS.
    ~~ DEís may switch to LB if you run a 3-4 where it would make sense. However no LBís to DE.

* Each person has 10 hours to make their selection, if the personís time is up the draft continues on to the next person. The person who missed their pick can jump in at any time to redeem their pick. If a person misses two picks in a row they can only jump in with their most recent round pick, they will have to wait until their turn comes up again to redeem the second missed pick. If misses three picks in a row they are removed from the draft. If a person misses four total picks throughout the draft they will also be removed.

* You can have your team run a 3-4 or 4-3 but that will change the number of players you can choose at certain positions. For example; if you run a 3-4 then you can only choose 2 DTís and 5 LBís, if you run a 4-3 then you can only choose 3 DTís and 4 LBís.

* The HC you choose must have been a HC at one point in his career. No college head coaches may be selected, same with college general managers.

* All players are chosen as if they were in their prime, or best years. Picking a one year wonder is an option but obviously will not look as good as if you chose a player that has been more consistent. Injury is also a concern just as it would be if you were picking a current player.

* You may choose players from the past and present, they do not have to be retired. The only requirement is that they played in the NFL.

* Hopefully we'll get some judges again to determine a winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My team is the best ever! Oh wait...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm all smiling for now, until I realize I don't know as much about the history of football as I do the present .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SyracuseJet@May 26 2004, 04:44 PM
    My team is the best ever! Oh wait...
    You guys have nothing on me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm licking my chops at the first round pick, so many players in mind , it's going to be hard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nyjet80@May 26 2004, 05:44 PM
    I'm licking my chops at the first round pick, so many players in mind , it's going to be hard.
    Ya I am fearing picking 4th overall. That's a lot of pressure to get a good pick. So many players to choose from, just trying to identify where I want to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SyracuseJet+May 26 2004, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SyracuseJet @ May 26 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nyjet80@May 26 2004, 05:44 PM
    I&#39;m licking my chops at the first round pick, so many players in mind , it&#39;s going to be hard.
    Ya I am fearing picking 4th overall. That&#39;s a lot of pressure to get a good pick. So many players to choose from, just trying to identify where I want to go. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll help ya out. You should draft Ryan Leaf. He&#39;s awesome trust me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jetlag+May 26 2004, 06:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetlag @ May 26 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -SyracuseJet@May 26 2004, 05:51 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--nyjet80
    @May 26 2004, 05:44 PM
    I&#39;m licking my chops at the first round pick, so many players in mind , it&#39;s going to be hard.

Ya I am fearing picking 4th overall. That&#39;s a lot of pressure to get a good pick. So many players to choose from, just trying to identify where I want to go.
    I&#39;ll help ya out. You should draft Ryan Leaf. He&#39;s awesome trust me. [/b][/quote]
    or JP Machado

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Commish, can you please PM all of the GM&#39;s to alert them ... this draft is being held in the fantasy draft forum and they are expected to check this forum as often as possible

Just to be certain everyone is aware

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Just PM&#39;ed Jon to let him know he is OTC

I&#39;m Glad we&#39;re doing this ... this is gonna be awesome&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That cerntainly had to be a hard pick for JonEJet but I think he did quite well. I also had Montana at the top of my list of QB&#39;s and most likely overall.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nyjet80@May 26 2004, 09:17 PM
    That cerntainly had to be a hard pick for JonEJet but I think he did quite well. I also had Montana at the top of my list of QB&#39;s and most likely overall.
    Agreed ... excellent pick to kickoff the draft ... Monatna is absolutely worthy of the first overall pick

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It came down to 2 players. and 2 coaches&#33;&#33;

I really don&#39;t think you can screw the pooch in the 1st few rounds&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reach&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last pick again? <_<

What the hell is going on? Angry

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    TheBrodyMan
    Last pick again?

What the hell is going on?
    I guess your just a very unlucky person......or I&#39;m secretly picking your name out of the hat and putting it back in :ph34r: . JK, actually I wouldn&#39;t mind having your position, it&#39;s pretty nice if you think about it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nyjet80@May 27 2004, 06:56 AM
    TheBrodyMan
    Last pick again?

What the hell is going on?
    I guess your just a very unlucky person......or I&#39;m secretly picking your name out of the hat and putting it back in :ph34r: . JK, actually I wouldn&#39;t mind having your position, it&#39;s pretty nice if you think about it.
    I just have to figure out which player to slip bu him every other round. :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. QB Joe Montana
    2. QB Johnny Unitas
    3. WR Jerry Rice
    4. MLB Dick Butkus

Excellent Job thus far ... some can argue for different players {let&#39;s NOT discuss that}, it&#39;s a matter of preference, but I don&#39;t see one reach in the bunch

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that everyone elses picks to this point have been excellent. I actually contemplated Rice for a few but had to go with Johnny U.

It&#39;s amazing, years and years worth of players to choose from and it&#39;s still a very hard choice to make.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@May 27 2004, 10:17 AM
    I agree that everyone elses picks to this point have been excellent. I actually contemplated Rice for a few but had to go with Johnny U.
    Guns, funny thing is ... had you taken Rice, I would have taken Unitas ... first four players off the board would have been the same

Ditto Montana ... if you and Jon take Unitas and Rice, GJ&H pounces on Montana with the 3rd Pick

First four player off the board remains the same no matter which way you look at it B)