Thread: Uh-oh, BJ...

Okay BJ...what's the call? They don't get much bigger than this one do they? I really didn't want Calgary to win but the more I watch the more I think they're destined. They get every bounce, break, call in the book. It's gross really...but what are you gonna do? :o

Hall Of Fame
    'Ning looked good tonight, but were hanging on for dear life there towards the end.

Watching both teams makes me realize just how old the Wings really are.

This is a great series.

All Pro
    It is a fantastic series, both teams are full of young, fast, exciting players. However, the refs really need to get a hold of all the boarding incidents. If they don't start calling them, someone is going to get hurt, and badly.

Finally called one at the end of the game.

Khabibulin was fantastic, and his defense played well dispite the loss of Kubina and Feditenko.

Iginla is a great player, but a real baby when things don't go his way.

Lightning in 6.

All League
    Two younger teams -nice and feisty series-good for real hockey fans to enjoy. I honestly would not mind either team winning-

Originally posted by BucJeff@Jun 1 2004, 07:09 AM
    Khabibulin was fantastic, and his defense played well dispite the loss of Kubina and Feditenko.

Iginla is a great player, but a real baby when things don't go his way.
    Give us Ruslan Fedetenko back! You Lightning are a bunch of thieves!!!

I cannot wait til the Finals are over. It hurts to watch two teams.....neither of which is ORANGE OR BLACK!!!! Boo hoo. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Jun 1 2004, 11:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Jun 1 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BucJeff@Jun 1 2004, 07:09 AM

Iginla is a great player, but a real baby when things don&#39;t go his way.
    Give us Ruslan Fedetenko back&#33; You Lightning are a bunch of thieves&#33;&#33;&#33;

I cannot wait til the Finals are over. It hurts to watch two teams.....neither of which is ORANGE OR BLACK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Boo hoo. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    Are you kidding? Did you see Fedetenko&#39;s cheek? There&#39;s orange and black and purple and blue and red and.... LOL&#33;

Originally posted by Shadetree@Jun 1 2004, 08:12 AM
    Lightning in 6.
    If someone wins this thing in six, it won&#39;t be Tampa... B)

The Bolts NEED to win the next one. If they don&#39;t, it&#39;s over in Calgary but if they do and even lose in Calgary, I don&#39;t think Calgary has a chance of beating them in a game seven. I know, I know...going out on a real limb here....

There&#39;s no question who the better team is, okay, more skilled team is but all this Flamer team needs is a lead and with all the holding they do, it&#39;s almost impossible to come back. You guys (and gal.. ) should read the crying the Flamer&#39;s fans are doing. They think that two mnan advantage cost them the game. Someone should tell these idiots that you don&#39;t have much of a chance of winning with ZERO goals.

Who said canadians know their hockey? :ph34r:

CJ, watching the last 2 games, I couldn&#39;t help but think 2 things:

1) This Flames teams is like the last 2 Stanley Cup losers: Good defense; boring; hot-goalie comes out of nowhere; one season wonder.

2) I would&#39;ve much rather seen Brian Burke&#39;s skilled Canucks match up with the &#39;Ning. That would&#39;ve been great to watch--Naslund, Bertuzzi, Ohlund, Sedin&#39;s, ect......These Flames may win games and hold on, but they stink to watch. Give me a Vancouver or Colorado anyday----Did the Bertuzzi situation cost the Canucks?

Back in October of 2000, the Mets were playing the Yanks in the World Series. Because of that, I was able to land some prime seats at the Garden for a Rangers-&#39;Ning game. I couldn&#39;t believe, that night (famous Piazza/ Clemens Sunday night), how talented Tampa&#39;s young players were: LeCavalier, Richards, Modin, Mara (traded), St. Louis; Kubina, ect.

2 Things I thought the Ning had to do they did: One, they got some veteran talent. NO YOUNG teams can win without veterans--Brian Burke rule......Secondly, the &#39;Ning got rid of Kevin Weeks. To me, he looked like a typical NHL backup, not a primetimer.

It&#39;s official.

Flames forward Ville Nieminen will receive a one-game suspension for his hit from behind on Vincent Lecavalier during Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Let&#39;s be honest, If it had been Roy on Iginla, Calgary fans would have been screaming for a suspension. Lightning fans were only hoping for one.

He definitely had the suspension coming. Flames fans have no reason to complain, considering the Fedetenko fiasco........His 5 minute penalty definitely put the Flames in a real tough spot as the last game wound down, despite their short-handed prowess.

A team that has has thrived on defense in the playoffs, will miss a "shut-down" left-winger like Nemminen. No doubt.

I&#39;m hoping the &#39;Ning will have Fedetenko and Kubina tonight.

Originally posted by Riggins44@Jun 2 2004, 01:09 PM
    He definitely had the suspension coming. Flames fans have no reason to complain, considering the Fedetenko fiasco........His 5 minute penalty definitely put the Flames in a real tough spot as the last game wound down, despite their short-handed prowess.

A team that has has thrived on defense in the playoffs, will miss a "shut-down" left-winger like Nemminen. No doubt.

I&#39;m hoping the &#39;Ning will have Fedetenko and Kubina tonight.
    Game 5 is tomorrow night. Not sure about those two guys status, but I here it&#39;s not good.

Originally posted by Riggins44@Jun 2 2004, 12:27 PM
    CJ, watching the last 2 games, I couldn&#39;t help but think 2 things:

1) This Flames teams is like the last 2 Stanley Cup losers: Good defense; boring; hot-goalie comes out of nowhere; one season wonder.

2) I would&#39;ve much rather seen Brian Burke&#39;s skilled Canucks match up with the &#39;Ning. That would&#39;ve been great to watch--Naslund, Bertuzzi, Ohlund, Sedin&#39;s, ect......These Flames may win games and hold on, but they stink to watch. Give me a Vancouver or Colorado anyday----Did the Bertuzzi situation cost the Canucks?

Back in October of 2000, the Mets were playing the Yanks in the World Series. Because of that, I was able to land some prime seats at the Garden for a Rangers-&#39;Ning game. I couldn&#39;t believe, that night (famous Piazza/ Clemens Sunday night), how talented Tampa&#39;s young players were: LeCavalier, Richards, Modin, Mara (traded), St. Louis; Kubina, ect.

2 Things I thought the Ning had to do they did: One, they got some veteran talent. NO YOUNG teams can win without veterans--Brian Burke rule......Secondly, the &#39;Ning got rid of Kevin Weeks. To me, he looked like a typical NHL backup, not a primetimer.
    Rigs,
    I think they&#39;re a little better than those two teams but I certainly don&#39;t think they belong there. The canucks would have matched up well but Bertuzzi took care of that on his own.

I agree, Calgary stinks to watch and what infuriates me is how their fans talk about how good they are. "Hey ****stains, you haven&#39;t won a playoff series since the eighties until now. Get over yourselves&#33;"

I hope Tampa wins. I have been hoping Calgary losses each series so BJ, get &#39;em rollin&#39; will ya?

It&#39;s funny, some media types are comparing the Flames to the Broad Street Bullies up here&#33; Funny stuff...

BTW, Niemenen&#39;s a giant chicken sh*t, c**t. <_<