Thread: O.T Reverse Discrimination In bars?

All League
    'Ladies Night' Discount Axed in N.J. Bars
    TRENTON, N.J. - The state's top civil rights official has ruled that taverns cannot offer discounts to women on "ladies nights," agreeing with a man who claimed such gender-based promotions discriminated against men.

David R. Gillespie said it was not fair for women to get into the Coastline nightclub for free and receive discounted drinks while men paid a $5 cover charge and full price for drinks.

I am going on record as saying the guy who brought this lawsuit gotta get a life! There is the choice not to go to this establishment on that night of the promotion.

I think that they use the discounts as a promotion to get the men in as well as to get the women in. Of course the women are the bait for the men. But if the women don't come in you just have a bunch of dudes in a bar or club. So you have to give a little to get a little sometimes.And believe it or not, the only benefit is the free entrance. The prices of the drinks aren't that drastic unless its half off, and a $4 drink opposed to paying $8 isn't gonna make or break me. If Im there to drink, Im drinking. If I wanted to party, I'd pay what I had to to party.....

All League
    jets28 you have it right-they do these promotions to get the guys really-not the women to come in. They figure all the guys are going to flock over to these places because of the discount for ladies night will draw in the women to attract them.

would you be mad at that?..... I mean thats more women for you...thats if your a guy.... :P ....and half of them or more will be piss drunk to boot.... :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets28[/i]@Jun 2 2004, 02:46 PM
    [b] I think that they use the discounts as a promotion to get the men in as well as to get the women in. Of course the women are the bait for the men. But if the women don't come in you just have a bunch of dudes in a bar or club. So you have to give a little to get a little sometimes.And believe it or not, the only benefit is the free entrance. The prices of the drinks aren't that drastic unless its half off, and a $4 drink opposed to paying $8 isn't gonna make or break me. If Im there to drink, Im drinking. If I wanted to party, I'd pay what I had to to party..... [/b][/quote]
    I agree Jets28.........it's all about the men flocking......... :P

Hall Of Fame
    The guy who sued is definitely gay...not that there is anything wrong with that :lol:

All Pro
    I think this is ridiculous!! :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> Just like Faba said, don't go to these bars/clubs on the night that it's "ladies night" in the first place....if you don't like the fact that you have to spend $5 to get in. Can someone please tell me where it ONLY costs $5 to get in?? I'm there.....LOL :P
    Man, if it&#39;s not one thing, it&#39;s another&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

Really just a silly, non-issue.

Bar owners should do as they please.

What kind of man would complain that there too many women in a bar <_<

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 11:52 AM
    [b] Really just a silly, non-issue.

Bar owners should do as they please.

What kind of man would complain that there too many women in a bar <_< [/b][/quote]
    Exactly&#33;&#33;&#33; And I don&#39;t think that "Ladies Night" (in some areas in NJ) was all that big to begin with....

All Pro
    Flocking Men&#33;&#33;&#33;

Brenjetsfan
    That man needs to get a little ..somethin somethin....HE must have gotten REALLY burned by a woman......WHAT A LOSER....get a life...its not nice to be a jealous hater...I hope he gets busted for a DWI...hahaha :lol: