Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistons or Lakers?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got to admit I haven't been watching.......what game are we at and who is winning the series so far?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    game 5 and the pistons are up 3-1....should have been a sweep but the pistons screwed up game 2....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 14 2004, 11:11 AM
    game 5 and the pistons are up 3-1....should have been a sweep but the pistons screwed up game 2....
    When is the next game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    tuesday night...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 14 2004, 01:24 PM
    tuesday night...
    TY!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome...see Gator and Cane fans can be civil to each other....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 14 2004, 02:12 PM
    Your Welcome...see Gator and Cane fans can be civil to each other....
    Yeah, well, it is off-season......... :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinkin the same thing when I typed that....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 14 2004, 02:53 PM
    I was thinkin the same thing when I typed that....
    Great minds think alike........I don't know what I am going to do not having Vilma to root for on the Canes..........I'm guessing Moss's brother will have to do for now......... :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can always root for Berlin :lol: ...well Gore should be around for a game or 2 so you can root for him also...

It's just too bad they dont play again this year that was a great game last year even though the ending didnt turn out so great....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to admit my visits to JI have dwindled over the last month. Job Change, new baby, offseason...it's been taking a toll on my ability to goof off during working hours.

..but how 'bout them Pistons! :lol:

The fact is, I think the Lakers (players and coaching) are idiots. I really believe this. They keep saying "We played poorly. THIS time, we need to get more offense." ....fools. Nobody scores on Detroit.

LA won't EVER score more than the've seen thus far...but that's ok. The Lakers can win this by playing better Defense, and simply assuring that the Pistons get FEWER points than they do.

If Phil Jackson had a brain, he'd have been retooling the Laker Defense by game 3. but...he keeps on thinking he'll just get more points....this time.

It's the Basketball version of "rope a dope". Keep it up Phil! More Offense! More Points! You can do it!

(Please, nobody forward this message to anyone in LA for at least 24hrs)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JerryK@Jun 2 2004, 07:15 PM
    I haven't watched the Lakers this year, but they have on occasion lost, so I suppose my Pistons can pull it out.

..but can Ben Wallace do anything about Shaq?

I would think that unless they can shut down Oneal, there will be no "smothering defense".
    Pistons are firing on all cylinders--let Shaq score 40pts but shut down the rest. Kobe always good for 20, but 60pts don't win any games.

With the Pistons up 3-1, I don't see LA winning 3 in a row and Detroit has proven they can win in LA. Take away Kobe's clutch bucket at the end of #2 and the Lakers would have been swept.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JerryK@Jun 14 2004, 11:41 PM
    I have to admit my visits to JI have dwindled over the last month. Job Change, new baby, offseason...it's been taking a toll on my ability to goof off during working hours.

..but how 'bout them Pistons! :lol:

The fact is, I think the Lakers (players and coaching) are idiots. I really believe this. They keep saying "We played poorly. THIS time, we need to get more offense." ....fools. Nobody scores on Detroit.

LA won't EVER score more than the've seen thus far...but that's ok. The Lakers can win this by playing better Defense, and simply assuring that the Pistons get FEWER points than they do.

If Phil Jackson had a brain, he'd have been retooling the Laker Defense by game 3. but...he keeps on thinking he'll just get more points....this time.

It's the Basketball version of "rope a dope". Keep it up Phil! More Offense! More Points! You can do it!

(Please, nobody forward this message to anyone in LA for at least 24hrs)
    Jerry, I live in L.A. and I'm also a Laker fan. I just forwarded the message to the Laker organization and Phil Jackson will be putting it up in the Laker locker room before the game tonight. :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Ben......I just saw the score..........94-70..........the Lakers are toast..........too bad.........

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhooooooooo!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!

the lakers lost that is one evil taken care of this year now we all gotta hope that the yankees suffer the same fate......that would make for a wicked awesome year.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 16 2004, 01:19 AM
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhooooooooo!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!

the lakers lost that is one evil taken care of this year now we all gotta hope that the yankees suffer the same fate......that would make for a wicked awesome year.....
    Don't count on it. This team really has some lineup, and unless the pitching staff falls flat on their faces, they will be a very tough out this time around.

Anyway, back to Detroit, they played like a team, unlike the Lakers who were the Shaq and Kobe show. Pistons were solid from game 1 on. SHould have won in a sweep.

Congrats to the folks from MoTown.

Hope the riots were under control. Guns, where are you?