Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: GWAR marriage

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a similar note, anyone remember the band "Green Jello"? I believe they were eventually forced to change their name to Green Jelly, but they were a great band, nonetheless.

I remember loving them in 9th grade or so (1992?), didn't know if anyone else remembered them....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Big Al NYC[/i]@Jun 3 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b] On a similar note, anyone remember the band "Green Jello"? I believe they were eventually forced to change their name to Green Jelly, but they were a great band, nonetheless.

I remember loving them in 9th grade or so (1992?), didn't know if anyone else remembered them.... [/b][/quote]
    yeah, they had about 7 minutes of fame with "Three Little Pigs." Like an idiot, I bought that CD... what a mistake that was. Thank God they disappeared.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Jun 3 2004, 03:08 AM
    [b] i dunno if i can handle getting spermed on at a wedding again... [/b][/quote]
    LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I caught GWAR a couple of years ago in Athens, Ga. OJ Simpson comes out and quickly gets his head chopped off, spraying blood all over the crowd...
    Had a great time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GWAR just did a show in Sayreville NJ last week, HUNDREDS of people were on line to get into the club well before the doors opened.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b][img]http://mysite.freeserve.com/dr.evil/images/0-picture.gif[/img]
    HUNDREDS of people were on line to get into the club. [b]HUNDREDS![/b][/b][/quote]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Thor99+Jun 3 2004, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Thor99 @ Jun 3 2004, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Big Al NYC[/i]@Jun 3 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b] On a similar note, anyone remember the band "Green Jello"? I believe they were eventually forced to change their name to Green Jelly, but they were a great band, nonetheless.

I remember loving them in 9th grade or so (1992?), didn&#39;t know if anyone else remembered them.... [/b][/quote]
    yeah, they had about 7 minutes of fame with "Three Little Pigs." Like an idiot, I bought that CD... what a mistake that was. Thank God they disappeared. [/b][/quote]
    I used to play that song on my college radio show back in, it must&#39;ve been 92 or 93. Course, that was in Smalltown, USA, so we lived for playing crap that no one had heard of. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    God, What A Racket. :lol:

Never seen them live, though, but I&#39;ve seen a few videos of them. Funny as f**k, and with reference to the Sheepknot comparison, GWAR have always made it clear they&#39;re purely for entertainment. And their music&#39;s better, too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i saw gwar live several years ago, their shows are insane. They had a jerry garcia costumed guy come out and then yelled "die f#ckin hippie&#33;" and cut off his head and spewed fake blood everywhere. It&#39;s quite the unique experience. I knew what to expect so I wore some old clothes to the show and then threw them out after it was over.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, coincidently I&#39;m watching VH1 or MTV last night fro a couple of minutes and they are doing a show on Metal bands, they showed a clip of GWAR...LMAO :lol: are these guys for real that was some funny stuff&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funny thing is that the guys in GWAR look like average dudes under the outfits; like guys you&#39;d see on the street every day.

GWAR had nothing on Mayhem. A Scandinavian band where one of the guys, named Dead (appropriately) killed himself with a shotgun. His bandmate Euronymous finds him dead, and proceeds to, get this, eat part of his brain and make a necklace out of his skull fragments. Euronymous was later killed by Count Grishnackh, another bandmate, who felt Euronymous had &#39;become more evil than him&#39; and needed to be killed. That was back in the early 90&#39;s. I was reminded of this watching VH-1&#39;s Top 100 metal moments last night.

Then there&#39;s Gorgoroth, who got kicked out of Poland for killing sheep on stage and staging crucifixions.

God, Metal is cool&#33; :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone wants to see the picture of Dead post-suicide, I have it on a live CD. :lol:

Grishnackh (aka Varg Vikernes....born name Kristian (haha)) wasn&#39;t a bandmate as such, he had played bass on the original recording of the De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas album. There&#39;s been various answers as to the real reason why he killed him, power over the Inner Circle, money, politics (according to Vikernes, Euronymous was a Communist), or that Euronymous was planning to get rid of Vikernes first. These days Vikernes is a poster child for the Hitler Youth, when he&#39;s not worshipping Odin, and managed to go on the run while on day release earlier this year. He was caught before he reached the border.

And that Gorgoroth thing was abso-bloody-lutely classic. I&#39;m trying to get hold of a video of THAT show. It&#39;s just a pity that Gaahl managed to get himself jailed again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 07:38 PM
    [b] If anyone wants to see the picture of Dead post-suicide, I have it on a live CD. :lol:

Grishnackh (aka Varg Vikernes....born name Kristian (haha)) wasn&#39;t a bandmate as such, he had played bass on the original recording of the De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas album. There&#39;s been various answers as to the real reason why he killed him, power over the Inner Circle, money, politics (according to Vikernes, Euronymous was a Communist), or that Euronymous was planning to get rid of Vikernes first. These days Vikernes is a poster child for the Hitler Youth, when he&#39;s not worshipping Odin, and managed to go on the run while on day release earlier this year. He was caught before he reached the border.

And that Gorgoroth thing was abso-bloody-lutely classic. I&#39;m trying to get hold of a video of THAT show. It&#39;s just a pity that Gaahl managed to get himself jailed again. [/b][/quote]
    I tell you, I&#39;ve watched more VH-1 the last week than in my entire life, catching all the Top 100 Metal Moments episodes, and they covered GWAR, Mayhem, and Gorgoroth, and I&#39;ve learned three things:

1) Costumed metal is pretty cool.

2) Northern European metal bands are bizarre.

3) Gene Simmons, for being one ugly mofo, slept with a lot of women.

Im trying to find a copy of "The Decline of Western Civilization, Part II" for laughs, since it supposedly covers the LA scene in the 80&#39;s - Poison, LA Guns, Faster *****cat, etc. Should be good for a laugh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mayhem and Gorgoroth were on VH1???? Cool&#33;
    What were the top ten? And any other notables?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 11:05 PM
    [b]Mayhem and Gorgoroth were on VH1???? Cool&#33;
    What were the top ten? And any other notables?[/b][/quote]
    Here&#39;s the Top 20:

20 Van Halen awards roadies who guess the groupie of the night.
    19 Ozzy Osbourne, Bon Jovi, Metallica play Moscow Music Peace Festival.
    18 Def Leppard offer obscene backstage passes.
    17 W.A.S.P. guitarist gets hit by flying rump roast.
    16 Heavy Metal Parking Lot documentary premieres.
    15 Faster *****cat drummer receives a special drug delivery.
    14 Kiss&#39; Gene Simmons, sleeps with over 4,600 women and has the pics to prove it.
    13 Dokken guitar solo ignites actual volcanic eruption.
    12 Axl Rose attacks fan at Guns N&#39; Roses concert and starts one of many riots.
    11 Poison revolutionize information maintenance systems with groupie database.
    10 Def Leppard drummer loses arm but keeps rocking.
    9 Led Zeppelin&#39;s mud shark incident.
    8 Groupies rate rockers sex romps and sizes online.
    7 Ozzy Osbourne and Nikki Sixx compete in gross-a-thon.
    6 Judas Priest &#39;s leather-clad “Metal God” comes out of the closet.
    5 Spinal Tap premieres.
    4 Mötley Crüe release autobiography The Dirt.
    3 Dio popularizes "Devil&#39;s horns," the universal hand-signal for heavy metal.
    2 Black Sabbath&#39;s Tony Iommi sacrifices fingertips to create metal guitar sound.
    1 "Hear N&#39; Aid" benefit album unites metal nation for the good of all