Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Peter Lugers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    great neck...I went to the Great Neck location last Friday on my way home from Belmont...Best Steak I ever had. I'm just curious if the Original Brooklyn location is even better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't know about the great neck location - but i know people that just love the Brooklyn restaurant

also for great steaks and chops try Embers on 98street in Bayridge

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fahgetaboutit. B)

Brooklyn's da best when it comes to eating! B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say I've had many regrets since leaving NY, but I do have to admit that I miss the food.

Peter Lugers in brooklyn is great. Food is unreal

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] Fahgetaboutit. B)

Brooklyn's da best when it comes to eating! B) [/b][/quote]
    hell yeah!!!

damn i miss my teen years in Bensonhurst!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the only problem I have living in Florida. It's tough to find really good food. The Pizza here is awful, Ham, Egg and Cheese on a hard roll? Forget about it. What passes for Italian down here sickens me... Olive Garden? I have to admit, Carrabba's isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The a**hole waiters are bigger *******s in the brooklyn version. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ctjetfan[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 02:25 PM
    [b] great neck...I went to the Great Neck location last Friday on my way home from Belmont...Best Steak I ever had. I'm just curious if the Original Brooklyn location is even better. [/b][/quote]
    Just as good if not better since the Brooklyn location has been there for over 50 years. ;)

You might also want to try Morton's, Spark's, The Old Homestead and Smith & Wollensky's when in NYC for more delicious steakhouses and a truly fabulous dining experience, enjoy. B)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You also have the infamouse Sparks Steak house on 3rd Ave in Manhattan

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 01:37 PM
    [b] The a**hole waiters are bigger *******s in the brooklyn version. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Funny you say that..Our waiter said he likes working at the Brooklyn location better because they don't have to be so nice..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mom asked for a menu. The german waiter looked at her as if she asked him to build the Panama Canal with a teaspoon. "Lady, we have STEAK. What else ya want?"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 01:44 PM
    [b] My mom asked for a menu. The german waiter looked at her as if she asked him to build the Panama Canal with a teaspoon. "Lady, we have STEAK. What else ya want?" [/b][/quote]
    thats when you say i want to leave - go comlain to manager and walk out

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]That's the only problem I have living in Florida. It's tough to find really good food. The Pizza here is awful, Ham, Egg and Cheese on a hard roll? Forget about it. What passes for Italian down here sickens me... Olive Garden? I have to admit, Carrabba's isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. [/b][/quote]

Thor, I completely agree.

Schlotsky's is considered "New York Style" deli type food, but far from it. In fact, when I see New York style anything, I'm skeptical... :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MiamiJet[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 01:48 PM
    [b] [quote][b]That's the only problem I have living in Florida. It's tough to find really good food. The Pizza here is awful, Ham, Egg and Cheese on a hard roll? Forget about it. What passes for Italian down here sickens me... Olive Garden? I have to admit, Carrabba's isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. [/b][/quote]

Thor, I completely agree.

Schlotsky's is considered "New York Style" deli type food, but far from it. In fact, when I see New York style anything, I'm skeptical... :( [/b][/quote]
    harolds Deli in Raritan Center BEST DELI EVER!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz+Jun 4 2004, 01:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (djaparz @ Jun 4 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bugg[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 01:44 PM
    [b] My mom asked for a menu. The german waiter looked at her as if she asked him to build the Panama Canal with a teaspoon. "Lady, we have STEAK. What else ya want?" [/b][/quote]
    thats when you say i want to leave - go comlain to manager and walk out [/b][/quote]
    The attitudes you get from the waiters are part of the experience. Most who go, expect it. Those who arent forewarned always get shocked by the attitudes.

You better know what type of steak you want and how you want it, or expect an attitude. A true NY experience.

Order a Filet Mignon "well done" and watch the look you&#39;ll get....my wife did that once. Funny stuff.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brooklyn&#39;s been there since 1880 and Great Neck is the newer location. It&#39;s only been around since the 60&#39;s

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree+Jun 4 2004, 01:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Shadetree @ Jun 4 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -djaparz@Jun 4 2004, 01:47 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bugg[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 01:44 PM
    thats when you say i want to leave - go comlain to manager and walk out [/b][/quote]
    The attitudes you get from the waiters are part of the experience. Most who go, expect it. Those who arent forewarned always get shocked by the attitudes.

You better know what type of steak you want and how you want it, or expect an attitude. A true NY experience.

Order a Filet Mignon "well done" and watch the look you&#39;ll get....my wife did that once. Funny stuff. [/b][/quote]
    if you got up to complain they&#39;d show you the door. and luger&#39;s pretty much just serves a porter house steak family style.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here&#39;s a transcript of a typical Brooklyn eating experience.

Waiter Joe: Are ya ready yet? (gives me a steel and cold look)

Me: Just a few minutes, My girlfriend and I need a few minutes thanks.

Waiter Joe: (slumps, gives nasty look, checks out my girl&#39;s cleavage and walks away) Alright pal, I will be right herrre when you decide to make up your mind.

Waiter Joe walks over to his co-worker and says something about me and they both laugh and give mean looks and then they stare at my girl for a few minutes.

He returns moments later........................

Waiter Joe: Ya ready now. I ain&#39;t got all day.

Me- (not really ready but I improvise as I look at the menu)...Ok.....I&#39;ll have the fettucine alfredo and a chicken ceasar salad.

Waiter Joe:(rolls eyes) Whatcha wanna drink pal?(mean look)

Me:(trying to stay cool)...Ok, I&#39;ll have a diet coke and a glass of water.

Waiter Joe:(stares at GF whole time, no eye contact with me) How about you sweety?

GF: Can you give me a few minutes?

Waiter Joe: Ok, honey, anything for you. Take your time(winks)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by OneEyedWonder[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] ]
    if you got up to complain they&#39;d show you the door. [/b][/quote]
    so true...must be a fun place to work....customers never right :lol: :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Shadetree+Jun 4 2004, 02:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Shadetree @ Jun 4 2004, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OneEyedWonder[/i]@Jun 4 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] ]
    if you got up to complain they&#39;d show you the door. [/b][/quote]
    so true...must be a fun place to work....customers never right :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    customers never right, and there&#39;s always somebody waiting for your table.