Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Best free place to download music?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the best place to download Rock music and rare stuff except for Kazaa. Kazaa give me too many viruses.

Maxman
    I have given up on this. It was a good thing while it lasted but its time has come and gone. There are many good alternatives if you want to pay.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaaza lite was good but i think that got shelved.Overnet i think is one..runs on Edonkey software but i dont know..havent downloaded in about six months..

LL

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Limewire. It's very good and it's free. I used to use Winmx too but I haven't tried it lately to see if it's worth a damn or not.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bearshare is the best on the net

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I don't get about the whole download situations is:

a) Record companies just got banged for not coughing up residues to lots of artist. This was just for the last 2/3 years and it cost them 25 mil, I think..

B) The amount of money it takes to market a cd/ Create it blah, blah. Is not gone.
    All you do is download a copy of an image. There is no real physical media to create/ hire people to create. Blah, blah. blah. So the record company is making more money.

c) if a cd cost $25 and has 20 songs. You are paying 1.25 a song. If you download, you are getting no real deal at 1.00 a song.

The record companies are screwing us, the artists, everyone.

So, No, I don't see a reason to buy music, when most of it is all the same. How do you know when a song is worth it. The first 60 seconds usually are just an intro now a days.

Limewire here I come!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Winmx still works but if you weren't in it before you can't download
    it anymore.. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the best one is Kazaa Plus - it&#39;s Kazaa without the spyware -

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    allofmp3.com

1 cent a MB. roughly 3-5 cents a song.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Sowell Train[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 10:49 AM
    [b] allofmp3.com

1 cent a MB. roughly 3-5 cents a song. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, be careful...those russian websites STEAL CC&#39;S #s and can use it to make unauthrozied purchases..

LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since nobody mentioned it on this thread and nobody I speak to knows about it it seems as if the best kept secret on the internet is Shareaza.

Thats the file sharing program I use. Its awesome. Its free, No spyware, no bugs, doesnt freeze your computer every time you open it like kazaa did. Its connected to about 3 (maybe more) other file sharing networks so it gives you the most abundant search results than any other P2P program. I found some files (audio and video) on shareaza that i could never find on Kazaa or any of the others. The only thing I found better about kazaa is that its downloads were more reliable.

I think shareaza is great. Give it a try.

[url]www.shareaza.com[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any of you worry about the legal crap like getting sued? Just curious because after having to reformat my HD and losing TONS of downloaded music I&#39;ve been wanting to rebuild my collection but refuse to pay for it. I just worry about being the next victim of the RIAA Salem Witch Hunt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    limewire

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 11:02 AM
    [b] Any of you worry about the legal crap like getting sued? Just curious because after having to reformat my HD and losing TONS of downloaded music I&#39;ve been wanting to rebuild my collection but refuse to pay for it. I just worry about being the next victim of the RIAA Salem Witch Hunt. [/b][/quote]
    I read somewhere that there is a prog that blocks the RIAA search program and cyphers from reading your ip address....

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer+Jun 5 2004, 12:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (latinlawyer @ Jun 5 2004, 12:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 11:02 AM
    [b] Any of you worry about the legal crap like getting sued? Just curious because after having to reformat my HD and losing TONS of downloaded music I&#39;ve been wanting to rebuild my collection but refuse to pay for it. I just worry about being the next victim of the RIAA Salem Witch Hunt. [/b][/quote]
    I read somewhere that there is a prog that blocks the RIAA search program and cyphers from reading your ip address....

LL [/b][/quote]
    oh really. Being the law abiding man I am where do I get it? :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LIMEWIRE&#33; easy fast downloads, no couprt files ( except sometimes they tell u its courpt and says not to download it before it downloads which is awesome) Limewire is the best&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Dude, be careful...those russian websites STEAL CC&#39;S #s and can use it to make unauthrozied purchases..[/b][/quote]

I didnt put a credit card on file, paid via paypal :)

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 10:02 AM
    I don&#39;t worry. I just simply clean everything out of my shared folder after it is downloaded. If they take a peek in my shared folder they&#39;re not going to find anything.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soulseek.

It&#39;s interface is a little awkward at first, but once you&#39;re used to it it&#39;s EASY to download entire albums, and the folders usually have the cover art, liner notes, etc. as graphic files if you should ever want them.

Simply the best way to get entire albums.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 11:02 AM
    Thats the least of my concerns... have you heard of any news of follow-ups in those subpeonas? I havent... I have Gigs of music on my two computers and have no fears at all... the BEST place to get music is to search your cable or DSL newsgroups using a search tool like the one here @ [url]www.newbin.com[/url] ... great tool... a free full version can be found from searching on astalavista.box.sk.... (bootleg/hacker site)... give it a try... great for getting new albums weeks before they came out... gonna look for Velvet Revolver today&#33;