Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: new Guns N' Roses album

anybody know?

I heard they were gonna be on vh1 in mid june? any truth to that

oh and slash > buckethead.

Axel is a homo, Slash is all hair, and who the hell even knows who the other members of the band are? GNR is over.

Hall Of Fame
    yea they dont deserve to be called guns n roses for christ sakes change the name . the new cd will suck

All League
    Chinese Democracy will never come out... the closest thing to a new GnR album is the new Velvet Revolver debut that comes out this Tuesday... according to Rolling Stone its a sick one... its the peeps from GnR, like Slash and the crew with Scott Weiland of STP on vocals... Im gonna try to dl it this weekend to get a early preview :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by StonerJet 63[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 05:15 PM
    [b] Axel is a homo, Slash is all hair, and who the hell even knows who the other members of the band are? GNR is over. [/b][/quote]

I agree with some of those statements, but Slash is an awesome guitarist.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54+Jun 5 2004, 05:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ErIcBaRtOn54 @ Jun 5 2004, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--StonerJet 63[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 05:15 PM
    [b] Axel is a homo, Slash is all hair, and who the hell even knows who the other members of the band are? GNR is over. [/b][/quote]

I agree with some of those statements, but Slash is an awesome guitarist. [/b][/quote]
    He is average at best IMO.

Bitter
    Slash is irrelevent because he&#39;s not even a memeber of the band anymore. I think Axle is the only original memeber in the group.

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 05:26 PM
    [b] Slash is irrelevent because he&#39;s not even a memeber of the band anymore. I think Axle is the only original memeber in the group. [/b][/quote]
    But who would really know, since no one knows any memebers of the group besides Slash and Axel.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by StonerJet 63+Jun 5 2004, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (StonerJet 63 @ Jun 5 2004, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--huskeralk[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 05:26 PM
    [b] Slash is irrelevent because he&#39;s not even a memeber of the band anymore. I think Axle is the only original memeber in the group. [/b][/quote]
    But who would really know, since no one knows any memebers of the group besides Slash and Axel. [/b][/quote]
    Most G N R fans would know because Axel and Slash pretty much hate each other. Last I heard the old guitarist from Limp Bizkit was with them.

Let it go Axel

Wes Borland from Limp Biskit is an awsome guitarist, he was the only thing Limp Biskit had going for them. Now that he left, Limp is done cause Fred Durst has no talent.

I am downloading Velvet Revolver right now and I&#39;ll tell you how it is. Axel made the band with his powerful vocals, but Axel will tell you he is nothing without Slash. I never like STP, but maybe the rest of the band will pull him through with his boring voice.

Axel was a chain smoker and an alchoholic, and also had a bad drug problem. For his reward, he lost his voice, his band, and now has cancer. Your classic case of a Rocker who doesent know when to say when. I was a huge GnR fan and i&#39;m very sorry this happened, they used to be an amazing band. Did any of you hear him on the MTV music awards??..Yikes

[quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 06:24 PM
    [b]

Wes Borland from Limp Biskit is an awsome guitarist, he was the only thing Limp Biskit had going for them. Now that he left, Limp is done cause Fred Durst has no talent.

I am downloading Velvet Revolver right now and I&#39;ll tell you how it is. Axel made the band with his powerful vocals, but Axel will tell you he is nothing without Slash. I never like STP, but maybe the rest of the band will pull him through with his boring voice.

Axel was a chain smoker and an alchoholic, and also had a bad drug problem. For his reward, he lost his voice, his band, and now has cancer. Your classic case of a Rocker who doesent know when to say when. I was a huge GnR fan and i&#39;m very sorry this happened, they used to be an amazing band. Did any of you hear him on the MTV music awards??..Yikes [/b][/quote]
    I could not agree more&#33;

Axel has cancer? what kind?
    I just heard slither from velvet revolver, it was ok. the vocals were so boring. you need good vocals or your band is absolute 5hit.

oh and the music awards show with gnr was pitiful. axel kept running out of breath. pathetic

yeah, i never liked STP either. His voice sucks

Hall Of Fame
    Ddin&#39;t the last GNR/Buckethead version collapse when Axel refused to show for a gig in Philadelphia because he wanted to watch the end of a basketball game on tv in his New York hotel room?

If anyone can get a hold of it, PBS&#39;s "Frontline" (about 2 weeks ago) had a show about the scumminess of the music business which prominently featured Velvet Revolver. They look like a collection of coked out dumpster divers from an 1991 time capsule.Duff and Matt Sorum did most of the talking while Slash and Weiland were kept out of camera range when ever possible, and I suspect not because they were hard at work.

Hall Of Fame
    I heard the Velvet Revolver track and it&#39;s good. Everybody who has seen them says they kick *ss. I think it&#39;s kind of funny/sad that STP band mates stood by Scott Weiland through his on again off again love affair with smack, and then he goes and ditches them for ex-GNR guys. Yeah, those guys will keep ya sober. Ha ha&#33;

Slash is a great guitar player; listen to Locomotive, on Lose Your Delusion.

Best thing any of them did since breaking up is Izzy Stradlin&#39;s 117 degrees. I listen to that CD alot.

For anyof you curious about the Velvet Revolver album, feel free to sample the tracks here:

[url=http://www.thestore24.com/Music/Album.aspx?si=rage-madhouse&refid=madhouse&a_id=R+++691400&p_id=P+++651389&prodid=RCA59794.2]Velvet Revolver[/url]

If Axyl had a clue, he would have kept touring and cashed in. Hed from Primus is a great drummer that many fans of Primus and drummers woul have wanted to see. Buckethead is an extraordinary guitar player who has the intrigue of many people. The bass player is from the Replacements and the guitarist from NIN. Hecold have made a killing. This goes to show that if anyone caused the demise, it was Rose himself.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

YEA AXEL IS AN ASS

You can listen to the entire Velvet Revolver album (whole songs, not just samples) at vh1.com. Here is the link:

[url=http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revolver/363596/album.jhtml]http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revol...596/album.jhtml[/url]

[quote][i]Originally posted by PF52[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 10:24 PM
    [b] You can listen to the entire Velvet Revolver album (whole songs, not just samples) at vh1.com. Here is the link:

[url=http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revolver/363596/album.jhtml]http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revol...596/album.jhtml[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Thanks

[quote][i]Originally posted by Destroyer of Senses+Jun 5 2004, 10:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Destroyer of Senses @ Jun 5 2004, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PF52[/i]@Jun 5 2004, 10:24 PM
    [b] You can listen to the entire Velvet Revolver album (whole songs, not just samples) at vh1.com. Here is the link:

[url=http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revolver/363596/album.jhtml]http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revol...596/album.jhtml[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Thanks [/b][/quote]
    No problem.