Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Charlie O's

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A dive bar in the middle of a train station. What more could you ask for to pass the time until your track was designated on the tote board? Yesterday on the way back from Belmont, I decided to meet up w/ joisey, who was heading back also on a different train. To my shock and dismay, one of my favorite watering holes had been taken over by TGIF. Charlie O's ceased to exist about 2 1/2 week ago. I'll miss those cranky old b@$t@rds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear they did that transformation overnight.
    Back when you could smoke that cloud was thick as pea soup.
    Trax is not a bad alternative.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Jun 6 2004, 01:34 PM
    [b] A dive bar in the middle of a train station. What more could you ask for to pass the time until your track was designated on the tote board? Yesterday on the way back from Belmont, I decided to meet up w/ joisey, who was heading back also on a different train. To my shock and dismay, one of my favorite watering holes had been taken over by TGIF. Charlie O's ceased to exist about 2 1/2 week ago. I'll miss those cranky old b@$t@rds. [/b][/quote]
    Thats a shame. I have tossed down many a beer there on my way in and out of NYC. I watched the Draft there the year we passed on Sapp and drafted Brady. Alot of Jets fans drowned there sorrows at Charlie O's that day.