Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ogunleye says he will sit the 1st 10 games

June 12, 2004 12:50 PM ET
    Dolphins: Ogunleye contract talks at an impasse

The News
    The agent for Dolphins' defensive end Adewale Ogunleye expressed doubt Friday as to whether he and team officials will be able to come to terms on a new contract for last year's AFC sack leader. "At this juncture, it's a shame to put it in these terms, but I'd have to say that we're really at an impasse," agent Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN reporter Len Pasquarelli. "There's a pretty big gap. Realistically, I just don't know how, or even if, we can get it done." Ogunleye is a restricted free agent, which means the Dolphins hold his rights this year. He is threatening to sit out the first 10 games of the season and then report for the final six, which would give credit for honoring his contract, and then allow him to become an unrestricted free agent during the offseason.
    Our View
    Ogunleye is playing hardball with the Dolphins. He was named the team's most valuable player at a banquet held last week to publicly lobby team officials who were in attendance to get the negotiations moving in a better direction. The Dolphins expressed interest in trading the former Indiana Hoosier prior to the draft, but only the Bears and Vikings expressed strong interest, and both teams addressed defensive line needs during the draft. We will continue to monitor Ogunleye's contract talks, as his pass-rushing ability makes him a valuable commodity in fantasy leagues that award points for individual defensive players.

I hope he does sit out the first 10 games or just plain leaves our division all toegether.

he is a monster

All League
    Good, tell Ogunleye to take his time. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

GREAT.

Sitting out 10 games, no camp, no training, no team workouts while sitting out, he will have basically scaped the entire season.

The fish offseason clusterf**k continues.

All Pro
    While I can't help but enjoy the Dolphins current misfortune, I can't avoid the feeling that we may be getting a glimpse of next year's Jets troubles ...

Banned
    do the dolphins have to take him back after the 10 games he misses? i know he wants to play those 6 games so he can get credit for the season, but after that can't the dolphins just suspend him for the final 6 or something?

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Nut[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 07:43 AM
    [b] GREAT.

Sitting out 10 games, no camp, no training, no team workouts while sitting out, he will have basically scaped the entire season.

The fish offseason clusterf**k continues. [/b][/quote]
    Actually he HAS been working out,...just not with the team and he's supposedly in the best shape of his life. He'll be in Aqua and orange come SEpt., don't worry guys.

Hall Of Fame
    can't blame the kid for wanting more money, its business after the two years he's had in Miami, he is woefully underpaid, but he is also a product of the doubles on Taylor, more distress on that team the better

[SIZE=3]Hey Dave:

will miami still have their best defense in history this season without Wally?????[/SIZE] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Amazing what has happened to this franchise over the past 5 years or so. Gotta love it :D

Veteran
    hes not that good. the only reason he had so many sacks is jason taylor. just like ellis had so many sacks because of john abraham. mean green is right

No the fins cannot suspend him. He does not have a contract his is just bound to them for one more year. They do not have to take him back, they can just cut him but he will get someone to sign him for the 600,000 that he is due for the final 6 games.

The jets dont have any RFA's worth worrying about next year as far as I know. Dolphin worshipper, of course he is working out he is still hopeful that the fins will come up with the money or trade him.

All League
    Made this statment a while back when we signed McKenzie and all the fuss was made about it only being a tender. Although I spelled Ogunleye's name wrong (and took some heat over that) the fact of the matter is it's still a contaversy we don't have.Team chemisty is something hard to put your finger on but one fact is true. When players only are focaed on their game they preform better when money and possibly lossing a player over money this is a major distraction for the player and the team. Lets hope our guy's can get signed and put any discention about money on the back burner.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2+Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2 @ Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Nut[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 07:43 AM
    [b] GREAT.

Actually he HAS been working out,...just not with the team and he&#39;s supposedly in the best shape of his life. He&#39;ll be in Aqua and orange come SEpt., don&#39;t worry guys. [/b][/quote]
    ROFLMAO&#33;

How do you know homer, is he training in your backyard?

Kangaroo F*cker
    I still can&#39;t believe that he went to IU. This is way off topic but I go to IU every year and all they care about in Bloomington is hoops&#33;

God Bless him. The Dolphins are shafting him. He should sign somewhere outside of the AFC East.

And.................He is overrated&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19+Jun 13 2004, 09:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Ray Ray19 @ Jun 13 2004, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Nut[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 07:43 AM
    [b] GREAT.

Actually he HAS been working out,...just not with the team and he&#39;s supposedly in the best shape of his life. He&#39;ll be in Aqua and orange come SEpt., don&#39;t worry guys. [/b][/quote]
    ROFLMAO&#33;

How do you know homer, is he training in your backyard? [/b][/quote]
    You didn&#39;t know? DolphinStroker2 is his towel boy. :)

All League
    Drew Rosenhouse is his agent and this is what he is saying. Drew never lies just ask any GM wo has one of his players on their team. Moss (Hamstring) Maghee (ACL) these are just a few examples. Everyone of his players is 100% and in the best shapes of their carriers.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bocajetfan68[/i]@Jun 14 2004, 06:02 AM
    [b] Drew Rosenhouse is his agent and this is what he is saying. Drew never lies just ask any GM wo has one of his players on their team. Moss (Hamstring) Maghee (ACL) these are just a few examples. Everyone of his players is 100% and in the best shapes of their carriers. [/b][/quote]
    cause Drew is the #1 football agent, don&#39;t belive me???

ask Sean Taylor&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@Jun 13 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b] He&#39;ll be in Aqua and orange come SEpt., don&#39;t worry guys. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t you mean Peach & Teal? :P

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bocajetfan68[/i]@Jun 14 2004, 10:02 AM
    [b] Drew Rosenhouse is his agent and this is what he is saying. Drew never lies just ask any GM wo has one of his players on their team. Moss (Hamstring) Maghee (ACL) these are just a few examples. Everyone of his players is 100% and in the best shapes of their carriers. [/b][/quote]
    HA&#33; Well there&#33;

I think he&#39;s a very talented player, and would not mind having him on my team.