Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: who is your pick? and why?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • kenyon

13 65.00%
  • emeka

7 35.00%

Thread: kenyon martin VS emeka Okafor

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i know its hard to compare their games, but seeing as they will both be number 1 picks and both be comming into the NBA with some injury concerns who is your pick? if you had to pick between the 2 on DRAFT DAY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    doesn't martin play for the nets?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats what i was thinkin??????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kenyon because hes proven he can dominate at the NBA level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i should have put it differently.......................if they were both being drafted this year who do u pick 1st?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Jun 16 2004, 10:13 AM
    doesn't martin play for the nets?
    when i said they will both be number 1 picks it means that on the day after the draft they will both be former number 1 picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by sandz@Jun 16 2004, 12:29 PM
    Kenyon because hes proven he can dominate at the NBA level.
    dominate? When? He is a nice player. I compare Emeka more to Duncan when Duncan was coming out of Wake.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming they are both coming straight out of college I take Martin. In college Martin was a dominant offensive player with tremendous athletic skills as well as being a good defender. Okafor is more of a raw guy when it comes to his offensive game. He is a great shot blocker, who seems to play the angles really well, but he is prone to foul trouble and what worries me most is that he is a man without a position. He is too undersized to play center, but I don't see the natural ability to play the 4. He has a great work ethic, but so does Martin.

If you take into account Martin playing in the NBA its not even a question, though I think K-Mart has pretty much reached his ceiling when it comes to how good he is going to be.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kenyon Martin if we are picking them now.

Kenyon is an established good player, Emeka has major issues with his back and is coming into the pro's.
    Even though Emeka has potential, I dont think it would be much more than Kenyon's, so Kenyon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Icer@Jun 16 2004, 12:48 PM
    Kenyon Martin if we are picking them now.

Kenyon is an established good player, Emeka has major issues with his back and is coming into the pro's.
    Even though Emeka has potential, I dont think it would be much more than Kenyon's, so Kenyon
    Emeka never had the type of serious injury problems that martin had.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kmart

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No clue how you can compare Emeka to Duncan. When Duncan came out he came out ready, he could shoot it he allready had the great foot work, he just refined them in the NBA. All Emeka has is his athletic ability (which is hindered when his back acts up) he has no shot, if you watched the tournament and saw any UCONN games all Emeka does is dunk,layup or putback. He could do it cuz he was bigger, faster & stronger than anybody he went up against. In the NBA he wil be an undersized power forward. I don;t like either guy Kenyon or Emeka but I think if Emeka works hard on his shot i.e midrange pullup he will be better than Kenyon, I think Emeka is a better athlete (when healthy)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by THE BURG22@Jun 16 2004, 02:21 PM
    No clue how you can compare Emeka to Duncan. When Duncan came out he came out ready, he could shoot it he allready had the great foot work, he just refined them in the NBA. All Emeka has is his athletic ability (which is hindered when his back acts up) he has no shot, if you watched the tournament and saw any UCONN games all Emeka does is dunk,layup or putback. He could do it cuz he was bigger, faster & stronger than anybody he went up against. In the NBA he wil be an undersized power forward. I don;t like either guy Kenyon or Emeka but I think if Emeka works hard on his shot i.e midrange pullup he will be better than Kenyon, I think Emeka is a better athlete (when healthy)
    No shot??? What UCONN team did you watch this year? You can't use the tournament as a barometer because he was playing hurt. Most of his ponts in the regualr season cam from the 7-15 feet range. He has a deadly fade away jump shot and a nice running hook.

You couldn't be more wrong!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martin's injuries were more serious but they were both a fluke kind of thing. The problems that Okafor had make me worry that it could be chronic. I wouldn't have that same worry if he had a broken leg.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martin's injuries were more serious but they were both a fluke kind of thing. The problems that Okafor had make me worry that it could be chronic. I wouldn't have that same worry if he had a broken leg.

TomShane
    I'd call LA and see if there could be a Martin (+ whatever) Kobe swap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jun 18 2004, 09:08 AM
    I'd call LA and see if there could be a Martin (+ whatever) Kobe swap.
    I'm sorry, but after the Clippers give Kobe that huge contract, they aren't going to trade him for K-Mart.