Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roc gets "ROCKED" 31-7

I was up 17-7 at the half and got the ball back at the beginning of the half. I was ahead so I started to milk the clock like any SMART player would do when ahead. Plus he couldnt stop my I formation run game. It was totally one sided as ROC failed to even give me a challenge. Barkus is much better than him.

I won the game 31-7....OUCH. Even though during the game he continualy tried to break the rules and go for it on 4th down among other things that violated rules. Then he would pause the game just to type "YOU SUCK" 50 times and throw "F" bombs and other curse words. Then, when I rattled him to the point of fustration, he pulled his plug on his PS2 or turned off his PS2 with 1:24 left in the 4th qtr.

He broke many rules and should be thrown out immediatly for his actions. I dont have time for you puasing the game so next time I will block chat with you. He is obviously a little boy and needs to learn how to take a loss. Latinlawyer, I dont have time for people like him in the league and I'm sure my word holds some water around here I would think.

There has been an allegation of cheating made by Roc against Vinny. I need to know specifics. Remember the rules

You are to Punt/FG on fourth down UNLESS:

its less than 4th & 4 yards AND you are inside the opponents 45 yd line

or

You are down by 14 or more points.

You cannot quit a game
    You are not to use glitches or cheats in a game.
    No gamesharking.

I will review this game and see if there were any violations.

LL

LatinLawer, dont you mean that the other way around?

"There has been an allegation of cheating made by Roc against Vinny". Thats what you said, but I think you meant that the other way around.

The only thing he is accusing me of doing is running the clock with the same 3 running plays....Thats not againsed the rules. He Paused the game and typed curse words repeatedly and pulled his plug at the end of the game with 124 left in the 4th qtr. He also kept pausing the game and asking me to let him go for it on 4th while on his own side of the 50.

If this moron is not kicked out right away, i'm quitting the league. I am in these leagues to get away from people like him, and the only reason I still play madden is for this league. Eveyone has played people like him online and I am not going to tolerate him being in the league.

LatinLawyer, You know I wouldnt make stuff up, I have been around here for a long time. My word should hold alot of weight.

Originally posted by Vinny025@Jun 16 2004, 03:26 PM
    I was up 17-7 at the half and got the ball back at the beginning of the half. I was ahead so I started to milk the clock like any SMART player would do when ahead. Plus he couldnt stop my I formation run game. It was totally one sided as ROC failed to even give me a challenge. Barkus is much better than him.

I won the game 31-7....OUCH. Even though during the game he continualy tried to break the rules and go for it on 4th down among other things that violated rules. Then he would pause the game just to type "YOU SUCK" 50 times and throw "F" bombs and other curse words. Then, when I rattled him to the point of fustration, he pulled his plug on his PS2 or turned off his PS2 with 1:24 left in the 4th qtr.

He broke many rules and should be thrown out immediatly for his actions. I dont have time for you puasing the game so next time I will block chat with you. He is obviously a little boy and needs to learn how to take a loss. Latinlawyer, I dont have time for people like him in the league and I'm sure my word holds some water around here I would think.
    YOUR THE REASON MADDEN HAS A BAD NAME THE START OF THE THIRD QUARTER YOU MILK THE CLOCK SNAP THE BALL WITH 8 SECONDS ON EVERY DOWN NOT TO MENTION YOU ONLY HAVE THREE PLAYS IN YOUR PLAYBOOK
    I PLAYED ALOT OF MADDEN AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE WORST GLITCHERS I HAVE EVER SEEN IF THAT IS STR8 GOOD LUCK
    I'M RANKED 3000 ON MADDEN AND PLAY STR8 I DON'T HAVE TO MOTION GLITCH I DON'T HAVE TO LOB TO ANDRE JOHNSON OR SNAP THE BALL IN THE THIRD QUARTER WITH 8 SECONDS TO GO ON EVERY SNAP THAT ISN'T FOOTBALL AND I'M SURE OTHER PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME KING CHEESE SHOULD BE YOUR NAME

Ok, after further investigation. I rule that Vinny did NOT cheat.

The allegation was that Vinny illegally milked the play clock down to 8 secs after every play and that he ran the same three plays every game.

These are not illegal tactics.

1) Every team in the NFL tries to milk the clock when they have the lead. Vinny probably realizing that he had a lead milked the clock. Is it frustrating when you are behind? yes! Illegal? No...

2) Using the same plays over and over is never illegal. Look at the Washington Redskins in the superbowl when they ran the Counter Tray play....Timmie Smith had over 200 yds running. If you can't stop it then you are in for a long game.

HOWEVER, The following I do find offensive. No player shall use the f-bomb or derogatory words in chat within a game. I am giving this warning to all the players in this league. If you lose your civility during a game, you may be expelled.

I hope we can all act with civility.

LL

Originally posted by Vinny025@Jun 16 2004, 03:37 PM

"There has been an allegation of cheating made by Roc against Vinny". Thats what you said, but I think you meant that the other way around.

The only thing he is accusing me of doing is running the clock with the same 3 running plays....Thats not againsed the rules. He Paused the game and typed curse words repeatedly and pulled his plug at the end of the game with 124 left in the 4th qtr. He also kept pausing the game and asking me to let him go for it on 4th while on his own side of the 50.

If this moron is not kicked out right away, i'm quitting the league. I am in these leagues to get away from people like him, and the only reason I still play madden is for this league. Eveyone has played people like him online and I am not going to tolerate him being in the league.

LatinLawyer, You know I wouldnt make stuff up, I have been around here for a long time. My word should hold alot of weight.
    Roc is not kicked out but that is the last time you two will play each other. Vinny, I have given a warning to all the players. If you cant repect one another then out they go.

LL

Originally posted by roc58701+Jun 16 2004, 01:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (roc58701 @ Jun 16 2004, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025@Jun 16 2004, 03:26 PM

He broke many rules and should be thrown out immediatly for his actions. I dont have time for you puasing the game so next time I will block chat with you. He is obviously a little boy and needs to learn how to take a loss. Latinlawyer, I dont have time for people like him in the league and I&#39;m sure my word holds some water around here I would think.
    YOUR THE REASON MADDEN HAS A BAD NAME THE START OF THE THIRD QUARTER YOU MILK THE CLOCK SNAP THE BALL WITH 8 SECONDS ON EVERY DOWN NOT TO MENTION YOU ONLY HAVE THREE PLAYS IN YOUR PLAYBOOK
    I PLAYED ALOT OF MADDEN AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE WORST GLITCHERS I HAVE EVER SEEN IF THAT IS STR8 GOOD LUCK
    I&#39;M RANKED 3000 ON MADDEN AND PLAY STR8 I DON&#39;T HAVE TO MOTION GLITCH I DON&#39;T HAVE TO LOB TO ANDRE JOHNSON OR SNAP THE BALL IN THE THIRD QUARTER WITH 8 SECONDS TO GO ON EVERY SNAP THAT ISN&#39;T FOOTBALL AND I&#39;M SURE OTHER PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME KING CHEESE SHOULD BE YOUR NAME [/b][/quote]
    Sorry Roc, but milking the clock in the 3rd quater is NOT A GLITCH&#33;&#33;&#33; Get your facts straight. If I use the same 3 running plays every time then you should stop it RIGHT???? Again, that is not a glitch. You say I motion glitch? I motion my WR to the other side of the field so your CB will follow while in man...SO DONT PLAY MAN TO MAN COVERAGE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; If motioning a man to the other side of the field is a glitch, then LatinLawyer will have to change his game up as well.

I lobbed the ball to Andre JOhnson??...lol, he had like 40 yards recieving. Dam, you would really hate me when I&#39;m the Vikings then...LOL. Anyway, what you have stated is not glitching in any way, shape, or form. But by you shouting obsinities and pulling your plug in the 4th quater, now that wont be tolerated by me at all. I am in this league to get away from little punk ass kids like you.

Originally posted by Vinny025+Jun 16 2004, 03:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vinny025 @ Jun 16 2004, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -roc58701@Jun 16 2004, 01:40 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025
    @Jun 16 2004, 03:26 PM

He broke many rules and should be thrown out immediatly for his actions. I dont have time for you puasing the game so next time I will block chat with you. He is obviously a little boy and needs to learn how to take a loss. Latinlawyer, I dont have time for people like him in the league and I&#39;m sure my word holds some water around here I would think.

I&#39;M RANKED 3000 ON MADDEN AND PLAY STR8 I DON&#39;T HAVE TO MOTION GLITCH I DON&#39;T HAVE TO LOB TO ANDRE JOHNSON OR SNAP THE BALL IN THE THIRD QUARTER WITH 8 SECONDS TO GO ON EVERY SNAP THAT ISN&#39;T FOOTBALL AND I&#39;M SURE OTHER PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME KING CHEESE SHOULD BE YOUR NAME
    Sorry Roc, but milking the clock in the 3rd quater is NOT A GLITCH&#33;&#33;&#33; Get your facts straight. If I use the same 3 running plays every time then you should stop it RIGHT???? Again, that is not a glitch. You say I motion glitch? I motion my WR to the other side of the field so your CB will follow while in man...SO DONT PLAY MAN TO MAN COVERAGE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; If motioning a man to the other side of the field is a glitch, then LatinLawyer will have to change his game up as well.

I lobbed the ball to Andre JOhnson??...lol, he had like 40 yards recieving. Dam, you would really hate me when I&#39;m the Vikings then...LOL. Anyway, what you have stated is not glitching in any way, shape, or form. But by you shouting obsinities and pulling your plug in the 4th quater, now that wont be tolerated by me at all. I am in this league to get away from little punk ass kids like you. [/b][/quote]
    Motioning in Man is not a glitch. Everyone knows that. If you refuse to switch between man and zone, well that is the defense&#39;s problem not the offense&#39;s problem. If that was a glitch they would have adjusted it in Madden 2005, but it was never addressed.

Switch to zone and then there is no prob.

LL

All League
    Charter JI Member

What&#39;s the advantage of motioning your WR? Other then it helps reveal if the defense is playing man or zone is there something else that newbies like me should know?

Originally posted by latinlawyer+Jun 16 2004, 03:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (latinlawyer @ Jun 16 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025@Jun 16 2004, 03:37 PM

If this moron is not kicked out right away, i&#39;m quitting the league. I am in these leagues to get away from people like him, and the only reason I still play madden is for this league. Eveyone has played people like him online and I am not going to tolerate him being in the league.

Roc is not kicked out but that is the last time you two will play each other. Vinny, I have given a warning to all the players. If you cant repect one another then out they go.

LL [/b][/quote]
    YOU EVER HERE OF THE MOTION GLITCH ASK VINNIE THE CHEESE OR THROWING THE LOB PASS TO ANDRE JOHNSON THESE ARE GLITCHES
    I PLAY ALOT OF MADDEN AND NEVER SEEN SUCH CHEESE AS THAT
    NO TEAM IN THE NFL MILKS THE CLOCK IN THE THIRD QUARTER WITH THE SCORE 17-7
    I GUESS I&#39;M THE PNLY ONE THAT SEES THIS AS CHEATING

Originally posted by roc58701+Jun 16 2004, 03:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (roc58701 @ Jun 16 2004, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -latinlawyer@Jun 16 2004, 03:45 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Vinny025
    @Jun 16 2004, 03:37 PM

If this moron is not kicked out right away, i&#39;m quitting the league. I am in these leagues to get away from people like him, and the only reason I still play madden is for this league. Eveyone has played people like him online and I am not going to tolerate him being in the league.

LL
    YOU EVER HERE OF THE MOTION GLITCH ASK VINNIE THE CHEESE OR THROWING THE LOB PASS TO ANDRE JOHNSON THESE ARE GLITCHES
    I PLAY ALOT OF MADDEN AND NEVER SEEN SUCH CHEESE AS THAT
    NO TEAM IN THE NFL MILKS THE CLOCK IN THE THIRD QUARTER WITH THE SCORE 17-7
    I GUESS I&#39;M THE PNLY ONE THAT SEES THIS AS CHEATING [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but no NFL team plays 5 min qtrs. Teams start milking the clock once 10 mins remain in the game. Milking the game clock and lobbing a ball is not a prob if...

you can stay in stride with the player in the game and if you employ a defense that doesnt leave your CB on an island and susceptible for the lob.

I have played vinny three times and all three times he beat me by 10 pts or less...he is a straight up player.

Also, as a warning to all. If you disconnect your game on purpose twice during the season you will be ejected from the league. Quitters are not tolerated.

Any other questions, please let me know.

LL

Wow. Big time sore loser.

I milk the clock on my buddies all the time....and vice versa....we call each other scumbags, but we know its within the rules.

I have played roc on many occasions and he is no cheeser or a quitter....but come on now seriously though runnin the clock out in the third quarter..i&#39;m not sayin its cheese but its a wimpy move if ya ask me ...and vinny we play in a couple of weeks for only the second time...so i guess we shall see what happens...

lunchboxx and buff will also vouch for roc he is legit, or i wouldnt have asked him to join the league..

All Pro
    if its within the rules then its not cheating - its strategy -

come on us jet fans know how important clock management is better than anyone

Holy crap, someone with a lead trying to run the clock and maintain time of posession?

THE HORROR&#33;

If you can&#39;t deal with a handful of successful plays or adapt your gameplan to what the opponent is doing, you&#39;re gonna hate playing in this league. This is not for the faint of heart madden player. Get your panties out of a bunch, learn to deal with such BASIC CONCEPTS as motioning and *gasp* running plays, and get on with life.

( Sorry LL, I gotta side with Vinny on this one )

Guys Guys. Lets not become uncivil. I am sure we all have been frustrated before. However, please remember that we are all here to play madden in a civil forum. SO please refrain from attacking roc. He as well as everyone else is on notice that milking the clock and running the same plays is not cheese.

Anyway, I hope that we dont have a problem now. We should all be on the same page.

LL

Everyone here can vouch for vinny or roc. We dont have to pick sides...

I see we have a computer tough guy here callin people names and oh my good someone didnt use punctuation in their post didnt know anyone was tryin to win a pulitzer on this website....i think we all need to drop this and move on...

Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 16 2004, 05:06 PM
    I see we have a computer tough guy here callin people names and oh my good someone didnt use punctuation in their post didnt know anyone was tryin to win a pullitzer on this website....i think we all need to drop this and move on...
    Agreed, lets not argue about stupid things like punctuation. If you have something to say, do it on the madden field.

LL

MY STR8 AND YOUR LEAGUE STR8 ARE DIFFERENT NEXT LEAGUE I WILL BE THE EAGLES AND THEN WE WILL SEE
    FROM NOW ON WHEN I PLAY I WILL START MILKING THE CLOCK ALSO START IN THE FIRST QUARTER CAUSE THAT IS FUN TO PLAY LIKE THAT ITS REAL NFL STYLE FOOTBALL
    I COULD TAKE ANY RUNNING BACK AND RUN AND MILK IT IS THAT FUN FOOTBALL
    EVERYONE HAS A PLAYBOOK THAT CONSIST OF MORE THAN 3 PLAYS AND I&#39;M NOT TALKIN RUNNING PLAYS
    THATS WHY THIS YEARS MADDEN HAS IMPROVED DEFENSE SO STUFF LIKE THIS DOESN&#39;T HAPPEN THEY ADDRESSED DEFENSE FOR A REASON

Originally posted by roc58701@Jun 16 2004, 05:17 PM
    MY STR8 AND YOUR LEAGUE STR8 ARE DIFFERENT NEXT LEAGUE I WILL BE THE EAGLES AND THEN WE WILL SEE
    FROM NOW ON WHEN I PLAY I WILL START MILKING THE CLOCK ALSO START IN THE FIRST QUARTER CAUSE THAT IS FUN TO PLAY LIKE THAT ITS REAL NFL STYLE FOOTBALL
    I COULD TAKE ANY RUNNING BACK AND RUN AND MILK IT IS THAT FUN FOOTBALL
    EVERYONE HAS A PLAYBOOK THAT CONSIST OF MORE THAN 3 PLAYS AND I&#39;M NOT TALKIN RUNNING PLAYS
    THATS WHY THIS YEARS MADDEN HAS IMPROVED DEFENSE SO STUFF LIKE THIS DOESN&#39;T HAPPEN THEY ADDRESSED DEFENSE FOR A REASON
    Roc, you are free to run your game as you want..milk the clock in the first qtr if you want but that is not cheating.

Cheating is:

1) The Camera Angle Glitch
    2) The punt formation FG block
    3) The Disconnection glitch that cause the non disconnector to get the loss
    4) Kicking onside early in the game

Things that we have outlawed

1) Going for it on 4th down (unless you are past his 45yd line and its 4 &4 OR you are behind by 14pts or more)

2) Cursing at opponents in chat

3) Disconnecting the game

These are the rules. To everyone, I expect 100% adherance.

LL