View Poll Results: This is an All Time draft.....if you choose NFL Rookies who have never played a down....does your te

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Your team loses all credibility.

6 75.00%
  • Yes. A great college player should be considered an All Time NFL great!!

2 25.00%

Thread: Picking NFL Rookies in this draft??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A certain GM...who shall remain nameless recently went back to back with NFL rookies.

IMO these rookies discredit his ALL TIME TEAM.

What do you think???

What is he doing? How can rookies even be mentioned in the same breath with HOFers and All-Pro's. These kids have done absolutely nothing so far.

That said it's his team if he chooses to make mistakes, IMO, such as this than let him. Leaves more All-Pro's for the rest of us.

I say it would depend on which rookie you are talking about. If we did this draft in 1983 and someone took John Elway would you be throwing stones?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What is funny about those 2 picks....is that he really ahd one of the better...well thought out teams until those farts!!

It's just as Johnny Miller said at the end of the round yesterday with Mickelson......got to keep your focus through the last put.......in this case....last round!! :lol:

Originally posted by James Hasty@Jun 20 2004, 11:03 AM
    I say it would depend on which rookie you are talking about. If we did this draft in 1983 and someone took John Elway would you be throwing stones?
    Not that good of a defense. Obviously every single one of these players was a rookie before but than went on to great careers. These teams are not about youth and upside. C'mon JH, this is kind of disappointing. Who's next, our new mlb?

Originally posted by JonEJet@Jun 20 2004, 11:04 AM
    What is funny about those 2 picks....is that he really ahd one of the better...well thought out teams until those farts!!

It's just as Johnny Miller said at the end of the round yesterday with Mickelson......got to keep your focus through the last put.......in this case....last round!! :lol:
    You are right about that much JonEJet. The last rounds are evey bit as important as the first rounds. That is exactly why you are writing me off prematurely.

What you guys are missing is that I know exactly who is still out there at OT and safety and I took these players anyway. I know I passed over hall of famers and guys with several pro bowls but hall of famers are not created equally. You can not say that John Stallworth is half the player that Johnny Ubitas was. I am not even sure that Stallworth was half way as good as Randy Gradishar.

Like all mock drafts, we can pick winners and losers now but until ALL of the games are played we won't know for sure who was right. If we were taking best though I am pretty sure that the guys betting on Gallery making the hall of fame will be the smart ones.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hasty

Unfortunately.......Gallery has a better chance being Tony Mandarich than a hall of famer!!

Originally posted by JonEJet@Jun 20 2004, 11:20 AM
    Hasty

Unfortunately.......Gallery has a better chance being Tony Mandarich than a hall of famer!!
    If you look at linemen taken in the top five picks of the draft Mandarich was the exception. He used steroids in college and flopped without them in the NFL. The rest of them have done very well. Pace, Ogden, and Boselli for example.

While I felt a couple players available had comparable talent to Gallery I wanted more upside. I also wanted a guy with a mean streak that could put some fear into a defense.

Every time Gallery suits up and plays I will laugh my ass off thinking of you when he continues to excel. Just because Gallery has not played any NFL games does not mean that he isn't one of the best.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by James Hasty@Jun 20 2004, 11:26 AM
    Just because Gallery has not played any NFL games does not mean that he isn't one of the best.
    Ever.

That is what you MUST end that statement with.

And because this is an all time draft.....I'd have to take Kareem McKenzie over Gallery.....even though Galery has awesome "potential."

Until it's realized....he's just a rookie!!

JH, don't ask me to list the OT's who were drafted in the TOP 10 ... some in the TOP 5 ... who either flatout busted or never even came close to meeting their lofty expectations

Trust me my good man, that list will read like a laundry list

The draft is a crap-shoot ... the NFL Graveyard is littered with CAN'T MISS Busts

Now maybe Gallery and/or Taylor lives up to expectations ... MAYBE ... MAYBE NOT ... but drafting them for an All-Time NFL Team is about as assinine as it gets

Jon, to answer your question ... definitely excludes JH from contention

Heck, one player who never played a down of football in the NFL would likely have exluded him ... two makes it a no-brainer

Think about it ... think about what just happened here ... the man drafted COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS for an All-Time NFL Team!! :lol:

Someone actually went ahead and drafted COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS for an All-Time NFL Team ... You can't make this $hit up :lol: