Thread: Should Hasty have a chance to pick again?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    In defense of Hasty he has put together a very competitive team.

He recently picked 2 college players for this all time draft.....that must be considered as non factors in this all time draft

I think he should get to pick again....but to choose a Safety and a Tackle..the 2 positions of Gallery and Taylor!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We really shouldn't do that.

Hasty should not get another chance. He made two picks, Then did large write ups on those players and then went to war defending those picks.

You can't make picks and then go back later, realizing that you made a mistake. That's not how drafts work.

We had a couple of GM's that took a defensive coordinator with their picks and then when they realized that DC's were not in this draft. They asked the commish if it was ok to make another pick because they didn't realize that they couldn't take a DC.

Now if Jet80 rules that College players are not allowed to be drafted,Even though Taylor and Gallery are technically NFL players and other GM's have taken young NFL players for their roster. Hasty could use that loophole to correct his two mistakes, which he doesn't think are mistakes.

Regardless of what's ruled on this matter, Hasty should live with his decisions.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you YJF

Just want to give Hasty the benefit of the doubt!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Jun 20 2004, 01:01 PM
    In defense of Hasty he has put together a very competitive team.

He recently picked 2 college players for this all time draft.....that must be considered as non factors in this all time draft

I think he should get to pick again....but to choose a Safety and a Tackle..the 2 positions of Gallery and Taylor!
    HELL NO!!!!!

What is this, Golf? :blink:

There are no do-overs ... no mulligans ... the man filled two positions with avaialble players ... case closed

If the player was taken or the position didn't exist {in this draft}, then you have to make another pick

But the man filled two actual positions with two available players ... those were his picks ... no mulligans ... no do-overs ... if he gets a mulligan we can all ask for a mulligan if we suddenly realize we made a bad pick, or would prefer someone else ... that would make a complete mockery of this entire draft ... no way we open that pandora's box

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to stir the pot and create controversy and debate.

This is the loophole that JH could use if he wanted.

This is a sentence in jet80's rules for this draft at the start of this thread.

* You may choose players from the past and present, they do not have to be retired. The only requirement is that they played in the NFL.

Technically, Taylor and Gallery are NFL players but they have never played in The NFL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Jun 20 2004, 01:08 PM
    We really shouldn't do that.

Hasty should not get another chance. He made two picks, Then did large write ups on those players and then went to war defending those picks.

You can't make picks and then go back later, realizing that you made a mistake. That's not how drafts work.

We had a couple of GM's that took a defensive coordinator with their picks and then when they realized that DC's were not in this draft. They asked the commish if it was ok to make another pick because they didn't realize that they couldn't take a DC.

Now if Jet80 rules that College players are not allowed to be drafted,Even though Taylor and Gallery are technically NFL players and other GM's have taken young NFL players for their roster. Hasty could use that loophole to correct his two mistakes, which he doesn't think are mistakes.

Regardless of what's ruled on this matter, Hasty should live with his decisions.
    That loophole would be a complete crock ... both players were officially drafted into the NFL ... no lookin for loopholes ... that man made his picks and now he has to live with them ... case closed

PS. If anyone can select available players to fill acual positions ... then get a mulligan if they realize a mistake was made ... I demand the same freedom to get a mulligan as well ... if I suddenly discover I missed out on a better player, even five picks later, I must have the freedom to toss my draftee back in the pool and trade him for another player

I don&#39;t think we wanna open that pandora&#39;s box <_<

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Jun 20 2004, 01:24 PM
    I like to stir the pot and create controversy and debate.

This is the loophole that JH could use if he wanted.

This is a sentence in jet80&#39;s rules for this draft at the start of this thread.

* You may choose players from the past and present, they do not have to be retired. The only requirement is that they played in the NFL.

Technically, Taylor and Gallery are NFL players but they have never played in The NFL
    No Problem ... but I better get the same freedom for do-overs

These players were drafted into the NFL ... no loopholes ... they are now property of the NFL ... they couldn&#39;t go back to college if they wanted to, cause the NCAA recognizes them as PROS

So let&#39;s cut the nonsense with the mulligans

Make no mistake about it, I BETTER Get the same freedom for mulligans if we open that pandora&#39;s box ... loopholes my @&#036;&#036; ... I BETTER Get the same freedom

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    its just dumb . . . you have every single player EVER - and you pick a rookie? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jun 20 2004, 05:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Jun 20 2004, 05:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan@Jun 20 2004, 01:08 PM
    We really shouldn&#39;t do that.

You can&#39;t make picks and then go back later, realizing that you made a mistake. That&#39;s not how drafts work.

We had a couple of GM&#39;s that took a defensive coordinator with their picks and then when they realized that DC&#39;s were not in this draft. They asked the commish if it was ok to make another pick because they didn&#39;t realize that they couldn&#39;t take a DC.

Now if Jet80 rules that College players are not allowed to be drafted,Even though Taylor and Gallery are technically NFL players and other GM&#39;s have taken young NFL players for their roster. Hasty could use that loophole to correct his two mistakes, which he doesn&#39;t think are mistakes.

Regardless of what&#39;s ruled on this matter, Hasty should live with his decisions.
    That loophole would be a complete crock ... both players were officially drafted into the NFL ... no lookin for loopholes ... that man made his picks and now he has to live with them ... case closed

PS. If anyone can select available players to fill acual positions ... then get a mulligan if they realize a mistake was made ... I demand the same freedom to get a mulligan as well ... if I suddenlt discover I missed out on a better player, even five picks later, I must have the freedom to toss my draftee back in the pool and trade him for another player

I don&#39;t think we wanna open that pandora&#39;s box <_< [/b][/quote]
    New Rules in this draft Ham...LOL

I&#39;ll trade you one of my hall of fame OT&#39;s for one of your hall of fame TE&#39;s. LOL

We will flip flop draft spots in the next round.lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Official Ruling.

James Hasty does not get to have a mulligan with his picks. Besides the fact that he is happy with his selections I feel the rule that a player has to have played in the NFL should not be taken to literal, a player who is in the NFL now is what I consider playing in the NFL. Although I am in the same boat as the rest of you, picking rookies was probably the biggest mistake you could make. Since they have no NFL careers they are all basically meaningless in this draft, there is nothing to compare them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A card laid is a card played.

NO DO OVERS.