Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Mac

Rockets: T-Mac headed to Houston?

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Monday, June 21, 2004

News
    Orlando Magic star Tracy McGrady is on the trading block, and the Houston Rockets believe they are the frontrunner for his services. According to the Houston Chronicle and Orlando Sentinel, the Rockets are offering a package including guard Steve Francis, guard Cuttino Mobley, and big man Kelvin Cato. McGrady could be dealt before the NBA draft on June 24, although the trade may not be formally announced until a later date. "I expect to know [by Thursday]," Magic general manager John Weisbrod said. "I can't say that I would expect that to be public information. I have every intention of knowing where that's going when we make these [draft] decisions." The Pacers, Suns, and Mavericks are also interested in dealing for McGrady.

Views
    We would not mind seeing Francis and Mobley out of Houston, where both suffered depressed numbers under head coach Jeff Van Gundy. The Magic would also add a much needed inside presence in Cato, and provided that this rumor is true, it will be interesting to see if anyone can top the offer. The Rockets would look a lot like the recent Lakers' squads, with McGrady, Yao Ming, and a bunch of role players.

i think houston is losin big time in this deal....i heard juwan howard is also included in it....looks bad for houston though..and francis already said he doesnt want to go to orlando...this could get ugly

Banned
    I'd give up Francis or Mobley for T-Mac, but not both of them. That's just too much.

i was thinkin the same thing....Not sure what Houston's GM is thinkin..

they just added tyrone lue to the trade i believe....

ESPN is reporting it's a done deal.

T.Mac
    J.Howard
    T.Lue

for Franchise
    Mobley and
    Kato.

as long as none of the players are picked in the expansion draft tomorrow....

its a horrible trade if ya ask me....

D.fisher says he wants to go to houston and play if the deal goes thru.

houston might be tough...startin to look a little familiar

t-mac=kobe

yao=shaq

d.fisher= d.fisher

roll players = roll players

houston might be real nice next year

i think so too.

now the 2 remaining questions are where do kobe and shaq end up....

my predicitons...

kobe= memphis or jail...

shaq= dallas

Originally posted by hendu24@Jun 22 2004, 01:39 AM
    now the 2 remaining questions are where do kobe and shaq end up....

my predicitons...

kobe= memphis or jail...

shaq= dallas
    ESPN just said even if kobe is convited of the crime he is charges with,he will not do jail time...he will most likely get 20 yrs probation and will be able to resume his NBA career either way

If Shaq id traded, Kobe probably stays. Why would Rudy T. even consider the Lakers if there is no Shaq and Kobe? My guess is Shaq gets sent out, and Kobe re-signs for 7 years, max deal.

All League
    Looks a little much if you ask me, Mobley and Francis?
    I dunno, I'd probably do it anyway.

If T-Mac decides he will share the rock a bit with Yao, this deal is a no brainer for the Rockets. All they will need is for Ming to develop a bit more, and they will be a Finals contender for years to come.

Originally posted by mbn007@Jun 22 2004, 11:52 AM
    If T-Mac decides he will share the rock a bit with Yao, this deal is a no brainer for the Rockets. All they will need is for Ming to develop a bit more, and they will be a Finals contender for years to come.
    They are givin up way to much...McGrady is a hog Yao will never and i mean never see the ball....Francis for
    McGrady straight up maybe, but not both of them.....

I remember when Penny Hardaway wanted out of Orlando and got his way.

Anybody remember him?

I never forgave him for running Brian Hill out of town.

Done deal.

well the trade doesnt look to bad now....I don't see McGrady gettin along with van gundy very well though...

Originally posted by hendu24+Jun 22 2004, 12:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hendu24 @ Jun 22 2004, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mbn007@Jun 22 2004, 11:52 AM
    They are givin up way to much...McGrady is a hog Yao will never and i mean never see the ball....Francis for
    McGrady straight up maybe, but not both of them..... [/b][/quote]
    With these types of deals, the team getting the superior player usually gets the better of the deal. T-Mac and Yao could be unstoppable if T-Mac shares the rock. Get a decent point in there, and a rebounding ace at PF, and they are as good as any team out West.

Banned
    I see both teams improving

Originally posted by blackout806@Jun 30 2004, 11:19 AM
    I see both teams improving
    Actually, Orlando couldn&#39;t possibly be worse than last season. Getting a new starting backcourt, and a serviceable center, along with the kid draft pick, will get them in the high 20&#39;s - low 30&#39;s in the win column.