Thread: stupidity of the Magic

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    is anybody else upset at the utter disrespect and lack of intelligence displayed by Orlando for not picking Okafor? :o

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless they know something about his lower back problems that no one else does, this smells very similar to the Mets and their stance with Vlad Guerrero.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007@Jun 25 2004, 08:15 AM
    Unless they know something about his lower back problems that no one else does, this smells very similar to the Mets and their stance with Vlad Guerrero.
    Not really because the Mets would have had to have signed a respectable RFer and passed up on Vlad for that to be true. More like they didnt want to shell out guaranteed money to a guy coming off an injury, because it was eerily similar to Mo Vaughn.

They think Howard can be like KG, Okafor wont be a superstar but a good player. Based on potential they made the right pick, but on immediate impact/likely hood of bust the wrong one.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orlando needed someone who could step in and provide immeiate help to a team going down fast. With McGrady heading out. Okafor wouldve been a better pick. There is no way Howard is going to step in and help lead that team. He has no experience. At least Okafor has played at the championship level with the Huskies.

And did the Knicks waste thier pick or what?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orlando w/o McGrady is done for at least a year or 2 so I think it was a good move by orlando. I like Okafor and think he'll be a very good player but I think in 5 years we'll look back and say "how did we ever question the Magic", Howard will be a big time player.

TomShane
    If Okafor missed a single game next year with a back injury, the few Magic fans remaining would have burned that joint down after all they've been through with Grant Hill. At least with Howard they have 4 years to figure out if he's Jermaine O'Neal or Kwame Brown.

Okafor is Horace Grant, btw. I wouldn't have been all that pumped to give him 1st pick money either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Oakerfor is healthy, he's 15+ pnts and 10+ rebounds, with solid defense, starting from day 1.

If not, then there is a problem here. The Magic must really be worried about that back.