Thread: Question regarding league rules

I have taken over the Jets in this league and I have a question. They play a standard cover-2 D. I am used to playing with the Ravens D which plays a 3-4. I wanted to convert the Jets into a 3-4 D and move Abe out to OLB as well as some other minor D changes. Does this conflict with the league rules? I wasn't sure if this league was pure to the point of playing the exact style of D the team normally plays.

Originally posted by Boozer76@Jun 25 2004, 01:55 PM
    I have taken over the Jets in this league and I have a question. They play a standard cover-2 D. I am used to playing with the Ravens D which plays a 3-4. I wanted to convert the Jets into a 3-4 D and move Abe out to OLB as well as some other minor D changes. Does this conflict with the league rules? I wasn't sure if this league was pure to the point of playing the exact style of D the team normally plays.
    This does not conflict with league rules. Go ahead and go 3-4, 46 or even 5-2...As long as an Offensive player is not playing defense...you are cool.

LL

Originally posted by latinlawyer+Jun 25 2004, 01:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (latinlawyer @ Jun 25 2004, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Boozer76@Jun 25 2004, 01:55 PM
    I have taken over the Jets in this league and I have a question. They play a standard cover-2 D. I am used to playing with the Ravens D which plays a 3-4. I wanted to convert the Jets into a 3-4 D and move Abe out to OLB as well as some other minor D changes. Does this conflict with the league rules? I wasn&#39;t sure if this league was pure to the point of playing the exact style of D the team normally plays.
    This does not conflict with league rules. Go ahead and go 3-4, 46 or even 5-2...As long as an Offensive player is not playing defense...you are cool.

LL [/b][/quote]
    Cool. I really didn&#39;t like the Cover-2 D plays at all. They were almost all zone plays. Plus Abe is pretty brutal from the OLB position.

I have my router up and PM-ed Bitonti already, though I asked if we could play next Monday. I am rusty as hell and need the weekend to practice.

I&#39;ve been running the 46 with my Jags, though it hasn&#39;t been nearly as effective against the run as I had hoped.

Well, after losing a ton of games online, I went bak to the Cover 2 and found it worked alot better with the Jets. I finally racked up a 24-0 win against guy whose record was 179-60. He wasn&#39;t very happy at all, though he was using BAL and I know BAL&#39;s plays very well so I was able to negate alot of what worked for him. Hopefully I can get good enough to at least give Bitonti a bit of a challenge.