Thread: Trying to deal Kidd

TomShane
    Isn't that like dealing Pennington to keep Anthony Becht?

Originally posted by TomShane@Jun 28 2004, 09:17 AM
    The only possible reason to keep Martin, and that means giving him the 6 or 7 year max $$ deal, is that Kidd will be well past his prime in 3 years, yet will still have a couple of seasons on the books for around $20 million each. So they would rather the younger guy.

Sounds "penny smart and pound foolish".

ONLY if we can't get someone to take kittles.

All League
    Kenyon Martin is a great player, but he wont be nearly as effective without Kidd orchestrating everything. And yes, I know they survived without Kidd last year. But that puts them a notch above the mediocre teams and into the top 3 Eastern teams.

If I was a Net fan I'd better hope that Kittles gets dealt and they keep Kidd & re-sign Martin. Or worst case scenario, sign and trade Martin for Nene.

Originally posted by Icer@Jun 29 2004, 06:17 PM
    Kenyon Martin is a great player, but he wont be nearly as effective without Kidd orchestrating everything. And yes, I know they survived without Kidd last year. But that puts them a notch above the mediocre teams and into the top 3 Eastern teams.

If I was a Net fan I'd better hope that Kittles gets dealt and they keep Kidd & re-sign Martin. Or worst case scenario, sign and trade Martin for Nene.
    You're right. Look at it this way. Who is available as a free agent point guard this year? I don't know them all, but the names that pop up now are Fisher and Hudson (Troy). I'd rather Kidd over either one any day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Kittles and his contract will be gone. With Deke finally coming off the books, that should let the Nets resign KMart and still stay clear of luxury tax. I keep hearing conflicting reports, but despite the teams' claim otherwise, the scribes insist that Ratner is in a cost-cutting mode. I hope not, but maybe moving to Brooklyn is more a priority than fielding a championship team.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Jun 30 2004, 07:29 AM
    Kittles and his contract will be gone. With Deke finally coming off the books, that should let the Nets resign KMart and still stay clear of luxury tax. I keep hearing conflicting reports, but despite the teams' claim otherwise, the scribes insist that Ratner is in a cost-cutting mode. I hope not, but maybe moving to Brooklyn is more a priority than fielding a championship team.
    I thought that Deke's contract was still against the Nets salary cap through this season. So this would make trading Kittles imperative.

TomShane
    KMart couldn't get his own shot in a lay-up line. If he thinks he's getting the max from someone, good luck. I'd let him walk, start Nena Krstic at PF and sign Q Richardson to play SG. Then I'd take Kittles out in the backyard and shoot him.

Originally posted by TomShane@Jun 30 2004, 09:16 PM
    KMart couldn't get his own shot in a lay-up line. If he thinks he's getting the max from someone, good luck. I'd let him walk, start Nena Krstic at PF and sign Q Richardson to play SG. Then I'd take Kittles out in the backyard and shoot him.
    The sad thing is that someone will probably offer Kenyon close to max $$$$. Then the Nets have a major decision. Do they match, or let things go the "Steve Nash" route.

Tough call. A young talented player, who is solid defensively, and excels in the open floor. Tough call.

All League
    All The reports that you read is Ratner is more concerned about cost cutting than keeping this core team together. They are trying to dump Kittles and his salary - Martin they do not seem willing to give him maximum contract that he probably gets as an offer.
    If Ratner gets his stadium built in Brooklyn that he wishes for-he may get that and piss off all the Net fans who will not travel there.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jun 28 2004, 10:17 AM
    No. Chad is too busy reading playbooks on his honeymoon to beat up his wife