Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: steak marinade

Bitter
    You never told us SJ, how did that steak work out for ya'?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Jul 6 2004, 08:00 PM
    [b] You never told us SJ, how did that steak work out for ya'? [/b][/quote]
    I know, don't you just hate when people do that to ya! Ask for advice, you give it and then they diss ya! :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 4 2004, 11:10 AM
    [b] When I cook a steak and feel like being different, I smother it in butter then coat it with Montreal Steak Seasoning.

The taste can't be touched I tell ya. [/b][/quote]
    Guns, that's what I use...........Montreal Steak Marinade..........read up bud.........

london broil

bottle of kikkoman teriyaki, garlic powder = 24 hours

peter luger steak sauce, yummy :lol:

I have 2 winners. i can only tell u guys one becasue u cant buy the right oil here.....

anyway, the brasilian bbq. make no mistake, the brasilian bbq is far superior to the us bbq. a lot of it is so simple. I dont want to admit it to my wif ebut ill admit it to u guys

they use brasilian salt in water/ its pretty much just them big ass salt crystals.

alls you do is take a little saucedish, add like a half cup of water and a few spoons of salt and then you constantly dose the steak or whatever meat on the bbq with a little half spoonful of the water which is salty. never let the steak dry. use like10 spoonfuls per steak evenly timed out

delicious, cheap and easy. makes cheaper steaks taste like they cost twice as much

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 3 2004, 07:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 3 2004, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -huskeralk@Jul 3 2004, 11:00 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 3 2004, 09:57 AM
    [b]
    Only in Kansas. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s not true. I&#39;m sure it happens in Nebraska, Oklahoma and Missouri as well. We&#39;re just some innovative mo fos around here. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Been done in PA Too&#33;&#33;&#33; The best bacon, ham, pork etc is when you pick your own pig too&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I might have a Pig Roast this summer&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Maybe try to convince Randy to do a pig at 16H this year. [/b][/quote]
    i love pig roasts... i used to have an electic spit too...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ummmmmmmm, never mind.........I can&#39;t go there......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never put anything on a good steak except some garlic salt and pepper, cook it slow until done medium.

London broil, stuff with fresh garlic, and soak with a good merlot overnight. Next day throw it in a hot frying pan until a cruct is created about (45 sec), then throw it on the grill on low.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

ScottishJet..........inquiring minds want to know about that steak...........

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

ScottishJet????????? Are you ever going to answer us? :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry for the dealy, I&#39;ve been away with the family for a few days.

The steak came out awesome. I rubbed some crushed garlic into it, had it soak in Tennents Velvet ale and added a wee suspicion of cayenne pepper. Cooked it medium-rare and it was a big hit.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I guarantee this will be the best steak marinade you&#39;ve ever tasted. Use this with either London Broil, Skirt or Flank Steak. Never marinade prime cuts such as NY Strip, Filet Mignon or Porterhouse.

[b]The Sooth&#39;s World Famous Steak Marinade [/b]
    [quote][b]Season Meat with fresh ground pepper (No Salt).

Coat each side with French&#39;s Yellow Mustard (Make sure it&#39;s yellow mustard and not Dijon or any other kind) .

Place in a ziplock bag and add the following ingredients.

6 oz Kikoman Teryaki Sauce.
    6 oz of a High Quallity Soy Sauce
    1/4 Cup of Orange Juice
    2 Tbs. Fresh Chopped Garlic
    1 Tbs. Fresh grated Ginger

Let marinate for at least 4 hours but no longer than 8 hours. [/b][/quote]

Sear meat on at high temperature and serve rare to medium rare. You&#39;ll think you&#39;ve died and went to heaven.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] I guarantee this will be the best steak marinade you&#39;ve ever tasted. Use this with either London Broil, Skirt or Flank Steak. Never marinade prime cuts such as NY Strip, Filet Mignon or Porterhouse.

[quote][b]Take meat and season with fresh ground pepper (No Salt) and coat each side with French&#39;s Yellow Mustard. Place in a ziplock bag and add the following ingredients.

1/4 Cup of Orange Juice

Sear meat on at high temperature and serve rare to medium rare. You&#39;ll think you&#39;ve died and went to heaven. [/b][/quote]
    That made my mouth water......... :)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73+Jul 12 2004, 01:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chrebet73 @ Jul 12 2004, 01:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] I guarantee this will be the best steak marinade you&#39;ve ever tasted. Use this with either London Broil, Skirt or Flank Steak. Never marinade prime cuts such as NY Strip, Filet Mignon or Porterhouse.

[quote][b]Take meat and season with fresh ground pepper (No Salt) and coat each side with French&#39;s Yellow Mustard. Place in a ziplock bag and add the following ingredients.

1/4 Cup of Orange Juice

Sear meat on at high temperature and serve rare to medium rare. You&#39;ll think you&#39;ve died and went to heaven. [/b][/quote]
    That made my mouth water......... :) [/b][/quote]
    hehehehe........73.........wait till dickey boy gets ahold of what you just posted.......... :lol:

why start trouble jet girl? the guy was dreaming of a nice steak what is so wrong with that?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 02:51 PM
    [b] why start trouble jet girl? the guy was dreaming of a nice steak what is so wrong with that? [/b][/quote]
    Oh ok..........you don&#39;t know then.......good.......it will save us from your disgusting comment.........

get the BARBEQUE BIBLE...has some very interesting rubs and spice combos..

LL

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 03:16 PM
    [b] get the BARBEQUE BIBLE...has some very interesting rubs and spice combos..

LL [/b][/quote]

Don&#39;t waste your money. None are better than my marinade. Fact.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER+Jul 12 2004, 04:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (THE_SOOTHSAYER @ Jul 12 2004, 04:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--latinlawyer[/i]@Jul 12 2004, 03:16 PM
    [b] get the BARBEQUE BIBLE...has some very interesting rubs and spice combos..

LL [/b][/quote]

Don&#39;t waste your money. None are better than my marinade. Fact. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m going to make your marinade this week. Sounds very good.

[img]http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ribroast2_photos/ribroast8.jpg[/img]

mmmmmm

LL