Thread: Coach K tells Lakers to stick it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's got a conference at 5pm eastern time about staying at Duke

so the Lakers organization is humiliated once again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not really think that he would give up everything at Duke to go the big egos of the Lakers. A new professional challenge would be the only reason I could think for him to leave-he is in a job at Duke that he can stay until he wants to leave -not many people coaching have that luxury for sure!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If aint broke then don't fix it!!...I saw an interview with him some time ago on Boomer's show. Thats a smart man and he knows whats good for him and thats Duke. He knows that coaching in the NBA as not the collegiate level. He made it clear then that he didn't need that challenge and that it was a whole other arena that he didn't think he wanted to be in. He knows that just because you succed on the collegiate level that means nothing in the NBA. I personally think he could adapt and do well. He seems to have great leader qualities that would be appreciated in the NBA. Not for the Lakers though. There are a lot of spoiled children there. Maybe the new expansion team would be a great start for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the expansion team in Charlotte has hired Byron Scott as coach. That is a another thing that makes no sense to me-NBA moved out of Charlotte and now a couple of years later going back-I admit I am not an really big NBA fan though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    people forget, aside from Elton Brand (from peekskill what&#33 what duke players have been successful at the next level? coach k would be a disaster in the NBA

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This couldn't get any better!!! I just hope Rudy Tomjonovich tells them to "suck it" as well. I have the perfect man for the job anyway...Bob Knight!!! I think I've heard rumblings that he wants out of Texas Tech anyway.

Bring in the "General" or whatever euphemism that pathological specimen calls himself and Laker haters such as myself would be in hog heaven!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AC Slater@Jul 6 2004, 09:17 AM
    This couldn't get any better!!! I just hope Rudy Tomjonovich tells them to "suck it" as well. I have the perfect man for the job anyway...Bob Knight!!! I think I've heard rumblings that he wants out of Texas Tech anyway.

Bring in the "General" or whatever euphemism that pathological specimen calls himself and Laker haters such as myself would be in hog heaven!
    Coacn K belongs in the College game, where he excels (10 final 4's in 24 years). Not all that rah-rah stuff works at the next level - see Pitino and Calipari. Some guys do get it to work, like Larry Brown, but the transition is very tough.

For the $$$$$ the top college coaches are now getting, the NBA experience is not worth it. Who needs to answer to Jack Nicholson anyway?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Jul 5 2004, 04:30 PM
    I think the expansion team in Charlotte has hired Byron Scott as coach. That is a another thing that makes no sense to me-NBA moved out of Charlotte and now a couple of years later going back-I admit I am not an really big NBA fan though.
    Byron Scott was hired to coach the Hornets. Former Nuggets coach Bernie Bickerstaff is coaching the Bobcats.