Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marko makes the big time baby!!...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marko Cavka #
    Position: T
    Years Pro: 0
    Draft Date: 2004
    Draft Team: New York Jets
    Born: 04/08/1981
    Hometown: Cypress, Calif.
    College: California State-Sacramento

JOURNAL

Welcome to my site!

07/06/04 Transition from 1AA to the NFL
    Mini-camp was a great experience for me. It gave me a glimpse of the speed and tempo at which the game is played in the NFL. The whole team was at mini-camp for those few days, and it gave me a chance to meet the players and coaches. The players and coaches on the team were nice and easy to get along with and easy to talk to. Having some time off on the weekends gave me and other players a chance to check out the city. The city is a very exciting place, there seems to be something always going on, and there is always something to do. Adjusting to New York and this new way of life was not that difficult for me. Growing up in Orange County, I have grown used to the fast paced life. Adjusting to the football life took some time. I have been used to playing football and going to school all of my life. Now that there is only football, I occasionally feel like I need to be going to class, or studying for a test. I have realized that it has become a business, and soon, like every other rookie, I will be fighting for a job on the team. Goals that I have set for myself are to make the team and improve my skills enough to be part of the starting line up one day. The biggest surprise for me was the speed and size of the defensive ends. Coming from a division 1AA school, I did not go against guys that were close to as big as me.

Way to go Marko....Good luck!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kid seems to have a great attitude and has made himself available to the fans. I hope he is as good as advertised on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done. ;) It's good to hear from the players and their point of view. Cavka, and others like him with a strong and positive attitude, will be the future of this team and can win games simply on sheer endurance and the will to win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    May I also say that aside from my biased opinion about #73, he really has the "right stuff" to make it on the Jets and do us proud. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He definately has the size and right attitude. I need him to send my kid an autograph to add to his collection!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 11:50 AM
    [b] May I also say that aside from my biased opinion about #73, he really has the "right stuff" to make it on the Jets and do us proud. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Enough already. I just ate my lunch. Limolady, did he write it himself or did he have a ghostwriter? :wacko:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Jul 7 2004, 01:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gang Green Girl @ Jul 7 2004, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 11:50 AM
    [b] May I also say that aside from my biased opinion about #73, he really has the "right stuff" to make it on the Jets and do us proud. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Enough already. I just ate my lunch. Limolady, did he write it himself or did he have a ghostwriter? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    lol good one again ggg. i know exactly what you are talking about. both things.

ps i still dislike you, so dont think im trying to be friendly. thank you have a nice day

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he had the GHOST "LIMO writer GGG....LOL :D :D congrats on bringing your boy in for the finals SUE...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now the mouth is an nfl scout........ ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that wasn`t nice dickey...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Jul 7 2004, 12:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Jul 7 2004, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Gang Green Girl@Jul 7 2004, 01:01 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 11:50 AM
    Enough already. I just ate my lunch. Limolady, did he write it himself or did he have a ghostwriter? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    lol good one again ggg. i know exactly what you are talking about. both things.

ps i still dislike you, so dont think im trying to be friendly. thank you have a nice day [/b][/quote]
    Get over yourself and admit it. You&#39;re warming up to me...I feel the love.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    im a lover ggg not a fighter when it comes down to it. hate, love whatever it doesnt matter

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 02:06 PM
    [b] Now the mouth is an nfl scout........ ;) [/b][/quote]
    Dear Dick,

Thank you for your interest in the New York Jets and their new players. As director of the New Player Development Program, I&#39;m sorry to say that your application as "Locker Room & Towel Boy" has been reviewed and rejected.

We feel that it is in the best interest of our new players that they be surrounded by professionals who understand that this is not just a game, that these boys are competing for their lives right now, and the future of this team can and will be riding on their athletic abilities.

We also feel that attitudes like yours is detremental to the development of these young players trying to appease the real fans and give back to the very people who support the team all year around.

However, we do have it on good authority that the New England Patriots have an opening for a "man" like you and we will be happy to forward your application to their front office. Please feel free to undermine their new players efforts, question the validity of their NFL Player journals, and attempt to disparage their reputations as up and coming playmakers for the patsies.

Again, thank you for your interest in the New York Jets and good luck with season 2004, in Foxboro.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    are there any openings at hofstra for a toilet scrubber? i have really long nails........ :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dick&#39;s a cool cat, but he wouldn&#39;t last two seconds with Belichick at the helm. Dickie - you have a MUCH better chance of catching on with Herm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 01:44 PM
    [b] Dick&#39;s a cool cat, but he wouldn&#39;t last two seconds with Belichick at the helm. Dickie - you have a MUCH better chance of catching on with Herm. [/b][/quote]
    yes i would.

i respect people who are competant

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 02:32 PM
    [b] are there any openings at hofstra for a toilet scrubber? i have really long nails........ :huh: [/b][/quote]
    They did have an opening for that, but your good friend Tom Shane sent in one hell of an ass kissing resume for the position and we hired him on the spot. ;)

If your field of expertise is in personal hygiene and plumbing, I hear the Oakland Rayduhs are looking for a personal asswiper, would you like me to forward your resume to their front office too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:50 PM
    The right stuff to do us? Oh my God.

GGG is right...I am about to throw up as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] [

If your field of expertise is in personal hygiene and plumbing, I hear the Oakland Rayduhs are looking for a personal asswiper, would you like me to forward your resume to their front office too? :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    im scared of earthquakes.......

but that would be wild. I would be on the west coast, kissing and wiping the nfl asses there..... and youd be still there on the east coast, kissing and wiping nfl asses as usual.

would you...could you...maybe ...be my ass kissing MENTOR? would ya limo, be my teacher, PLEASE&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Jul 7 2004, 02:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Jul 7 2004, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:50 PM
    The right stuff to do us? Oh my God.

GGG is right...I am about to throw up as well. [/b][/quote]
    Sucking up to TripleG Maxie? :huh: Now I just lost my lunch........... :P

Does Tom Shane know you are posting on the board and trying to hit on his woman again? :lol: