Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marko makes the big time baby!!...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that most of the folks here can be kindly referred to as "jock sniffers"

I know a couple of "jocks" who didn't quite make the big time for long (pros) and ventured out into the real world for real jobs. It was easy as a Brady Screen Pass. Blah, blah, blah......I was the varsity captain at blah, blah, blah college/university.......blah, blah, blah.....I was a free agent pick-up of the blah, blah, blah national football team......and these Venture Capital Partners, Trading Co. Presidents, Insurance CFO's start getting a hard on. Yup, Jock sniffers..... :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    is that better?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Dickie, don't make me take off the "kid gloves" with you............ ;) :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gang Green Girl[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] Girlie, he's not sucking up to me. He simply shares my feeling that we've heard wayyyyyyy too much about a guy who's not gonna make it on to the roster.

ooooops, did I say that? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    At least he's making an effort to give the Jet collective some football talk and information while we all wait out the long, boring, final weeks until training camp and season 04. ;)

As for not making the team, I do appreciate your candor, however, my favorite player will make the roster and be a valuable asset to his team, count on it. ;)

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Jul 7 2004, 02:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gang Green Girl @ Jul 7 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Limolady@Jul 7 2004, 01:10 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@Jul 7 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:50 PM
    [b] May I also say that aside from my biased opinion about #73, he really has the "right stuff" to make it on the Jets and do us proud. ;) [/b][/quote]
    The right stuff to do us? Oh my God.

GGG is right...I am about to throw up as well. [/b][/quote]
    Sucking up to TripleG Maxie? :huh: Now I just lost my lunch........... :P

Does Tom Shane know you are posting on the board and trying to hit on his woman again? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Girlie, he&#39;s not sucking up to me. He simply shares my feeling that we&#39;ve heard wayyyyyyy too much about a guy who&#39;s not gonna make it on to the roster.

No actually I was just sucking up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady+Jul 7 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Limolady @ Jul 7 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] Girlie, he&#39;s not sucking up to me. He simply shares my feeling that we&#39;ve heard wayyyyyyy too much about a guy who&#39;s not gonna make it on to the roster.

At least he&#39;s making an effort to give the Jet collective some football talk and information while we all wait out the long, boring, final weeks until training camp and season 04. ;)

As for not making the team, I do appreciate your candor, however, my favorite player will make the roster and be a valuable asset to his team, count on it. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Play nice ladies.....we have to reserve our energy for scratching at the guys here not our sisters.....Now kiss and make up...... :lol: :lol: . The guys here would definately love that... ;) . As for that jock sniffers comment Garb.....I don&#39;t think so. I can&#39;t help if Im in the right place at the right time.....or if we have friendly guys on the team that are nice or make themselves accessible. No one sweats anyone here. I only say this cause I&#39;ve spoke on people I met or know and now I must digress to child like antics....." I know you are but what am I?".... :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets28+Jul 8 2004, 01:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets28 @ Jul 8 2004, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Limolady@Jul 7 2004, 02:35 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Gang Green Girl[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 03:20 PM
    [b] Girlie, he&#39;s not sucking up to me. He simply shares my feeling that we&#39;ve heard wayyyyyyy too much about a guy who&#39;s not gonna make it on to the roster.

At least he&#39;s making an effort to give the Jet collective some football talk and information while we all wait out the long, boring, final weeks until training camp and season 04. ;)

As for not making the team, I do appreciate your candor, however, my favorite player will make the roster and be a valuable asset to his team, count on it. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Play nice ladies.....we have to reserve our energy for scratching at the guys here not our sisters.....Now kiss and make up...... :lol: :lol: . The guys here would definately love that... ;) . As for that jock sniffers comment Garb.....I don&#39;t think so. I can&#39;t help if Im in the right place at the right time.....or if we have friendly guys on the team that are nice or make themselves accessible. No one sweats anyone here. I only say this cause I&#39;ve spoke on people I met or know and now I must digress to child like antics....." I know you are but what am I?".... :P [/b][/quote]
    Awwwwwwww, you are so sweet Jets28, you know we&#39;re just doing a little trash talkin amongst the ladies here. TripleG and I are high and tight with each other and we love Garb, even if she is a patsie lover......... :P

But I thought Garb was calling the guys on the board "jock sniffers" not us. You know all men are "dogs", there the ones that come sniffin around, us ladies or "cats" could care less either way. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delete

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:29 AM
    [b] Hey, we&#39;ve all had our Jock Sniffing moments. For example, my bar-hopping evening with Jason Giambi and friend. Nice enough guy and all......but really, would I have hung out with the guy if he WASN&#39;T Mr. Giambi? Probably not. (and NO, nothing happened. I don&#39;t take jock sniffing literally&#33; :lol: )

Anyway, I&#39;m not intending to insult anyone. Just calling them like I see them. [/b][/quote]
    You and a New York Yankee baseball player Garb? Did you put a jinx on him and the team while you we&#39;re hanging out? :huh: :lol:

And hey chick, no insult taken, but there&#39;s "jock sniffing" and then there&#39;s taking care of our team & it&#39;s players because we care about them. We treat them like human beings and friends, not oversized slabs of man meat to be "jock sniffed". That&#39;s one thing I will not stand for, especially out of my friends. Alot of the players feel uncomfortable when approached like that and do not appreciate being handled in that way. ;)

Hope you had fun with Giambi, he is a hottie too. B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delete

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:28 PM
    [b] Is it caring when, let&#39;s say Tom Brady, shows up at a local night spot - that he gets in for free, gets the VIP treatment and pays for nothing? I remember a LONG TIME AGO, when I was driving to Fenway and parking at a Garage - Roger Clemens was in front of me - and parks for NOTHING&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    Now you are starting to get "my drift" Lady, it&#39;s not the "man meat" and jock sniffing I&#39;m interested in, its the perks........ ;) :P And I&#39;d love to invite you to Chad&#39;s pool party, but I&#39;m afraid you might jinx the team - ya Patsie lover&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delete

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:54 PM
    [b] I&#39;m not as bright as you, LL.

I do find it comical that a friend of mine (who was a FA signing with your beloved Jets a couple of years ago - cut after the second to last pre-season game) rode his athletic "career" right into a kick-butt financial career. He might even be really smart - but I must say, he has me fooled&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about Garb&#33; ;) Ride the "instant celebrity" train as far and fast as you can, make all the connections you can and hope to God that when your NFL career is over these people will remember you. ;)

In the meantime, enjoy all the free food, clothes, athletic shoes, booze, parking, VIP treatment and everything else you can handle because at the snap of your fingers..........POOF......it&#39;s gone and so is the celebrity status free stuff&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delete

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 01:25 PM
    [b] Funny thing is, where do you think I got the "phrase" jock sniffer from? My buddy, former Jet for a couple of months guy. He coined the phrase for me. Said everyone he interviewed with was a "jock sniffer" and laughed. Now, I don&#39;t blame a person for using whatever he has for gain. I do however, think these CEO&#39;s, bar owners, Car Dealers, etc. are kind of pathetic. Sure, you let Tom Brady in the joint for nothing and he may come back - word gets out - all the jock sniffers, star f*&^%, and celebrity gazers(all PAYING customers) will come. Guess it&#39;s one of the many little things that make the world go &#39;round. I just don&#39;t care for it much. Some friends thought I was nuts not asking for an autograph, or photo, and especially tix, from Mr. Baseball. I&#39;m just not like that. That would be why you have the big bucks, and cool stuff, and I do not ;) [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s too funny Garb and I&#39;m going to remember that. ;) Now that you put it in those terms, we&#39;ve run into a ton of "jock sniffers" over the past two months. :P

But then there is the "dark side" to all of the "celebrity status" and that is you run into the jealous a-hole types that want to start trouble and play the big shot in front their a-hole friends. <_< We&#39;ve run into that scene too, not fun and bad for everybody all around. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    did anyone else notice how when the guys stopped posting and it was all ladies, this thread became unbearably boring???

next their going to talk about tampons and knitting needles

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 01:53 PM
    [b] next their going to talk about tampons and knitting needles [/b][/quote]
    So tell us Dickie, when it&#39;s your time of the month, I suspect you are P.M.S.&#39;ing right now, do you prefer pads to tampons, or both? :huh:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i use a cork. and then i empty myself regularly until its over. I just dont like pads because they leak. im get itchy with tampons too :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] i use a cork. and then i empty myself regularly until its over. I just dont like pads because they leak. im get itchy with tampons too :( [/b][/quote]
    True dat, girlfriend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:53 PM
    [b] did anyone else notice how when the guys stopped posting and it was all ladies, this thread became unbearably boring???

next their going to talk about tampons and knitting needles [/b][/quote]
    Oh man that was funny.