Thread: You're The GM

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're the GM of the NY Knicks. You are Isaiah Thomas. What can you do to improve your club? You are hampered by the cap, and a bunch of players that are not very desireable.

Put on your thinking caps and get to work.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Find a way to dump Kurt Thomas/Shandon Anderson.

Play Michael Sweetney full time at PF.

Try to sign a player such as Jamal Crawford/Quentin Richardson for the MLE to back up Allan Houston & his arthritic knees.

Hope for the best, not much more you can do besides that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep Kurt Thomas, dump Anderson and try your best to dump Houston

and take a shot at restructuring Mutumbo's contract.

Mutumbo is over-paid, but I gotta admit, I'm glad he got all that money because he used it to build hospitals in his home country, so I guess its something to feel good about.

Mutumbo is a hell of a 20-minute-per-game player since all he does is rebound and block (something no other Knick can do)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mutombo's salary for the Knicks is peanuts, and it comes off the books this season.
    The team that got hit hard was the Nets, and they are still paying for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the knicks got into trouble from previous gm who overpaid for talent so wether the storm cause ain't no team gonna bail there sorry azzes out
    for example of overpaid talent take allan the brick houston then take a look at there drafting they haven't drafted well since ewing
    good luck to isaih he will need it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by roc58701@Jul 9 2004, 03:43 AM
    the knicks got into trouble from previous gm who overpaid for talent so wether the storm cause ain't no team gonna bail there sorry azzes out
    for example of overpaid talent take allan the brick houston then take a look at there drafting they haven't drafted well since ewing
    Actually, if one of the rumors concerning Crawford are tru, then Shannon Anderson is included in the deal.

That would mean that Isaiah would have been able to move 3 redicilous "untradeable" contracts - Anderson, Eisley, and Weatherspoon.

He deserves some props for that, even if we end up with Jerome Williams from the Bulls. At least the "junkyard dog" can hit the boards and play a bit of defense.

TomShane
    If the right deal pops up then I'd throw Marbury anywhere in the league if I thought I could clear some cap room and get some quality bigs back. The guy that would have been perfect for the Knicks is Quentin Richardson--a tough guy who gets to the rack. Allan Houston will go down as one of NY's most hated athletes when it's all said and done, no? How many years does he have left on that contract anyway?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007+Jul 9 2004, 08:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Jul 9 2004, 08:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--roc58701@Jul 9 2004, 03:43 AM
    the knicks got into trouble from previous gm who overpaid for talent so wether the storm cause ain&#39;t no team gonna bail there sorry azzes out
    for example of overpaid talent take allan the brick houston then take a look at there drafting they haven&#39;t drafted well since ewing
    Actually, if one of the rumors concerning Crawford are tru, then Shannon Anderson is included in the deal.

That would mean that Isaiah would have been able to move 3 redicilous "untradeable" contracts - Anderson, Eisley, and Weatherspoon.

He deserves some props for that, even if we end up with Jerome Williams from the Bulls. At least the "junkyard dog" can hit the boards and play a bit of defense. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d do that deal in a heartbeat if it meant dumping Anderson and getting Crawford (and even Williams) in return.

Other than that, there&#39;s really not a lot that COULD be done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet@Jul 9 2004, 04:59 PM

Other than that, there&#39;s really not a lot that COULD be done.
    And that&#39;s the problem. Isaiah does not have any flexibility.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Isiah&#39;s plan. Get Crawford, try to trade Kurt Thomas for the center from Cleveland (wont even attempt to spell his name) and insert Sweetney into the starting line-up.

After that, not much you can do. I thought Zeke would make a run at webber but it would probably be hard to match up the contracts. I cant see Sacramento taking on a Shandon Anderson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@Jul 12 2004, 10:03 PM
    I like Isiah&#39;s plan. Get Crawford, try to trade Kurt Thomas for the center from Cleveland (wont even attempt to spell his name) and insert Sweetney into the starting line-up.

After that, not much you can do. I thought Zeke would make a run at webber but it would probably be hard to match up the contracts. I cant see Sacramento taking on a Shandon Anderson.
    Personally, I can&#39;t see anyone taking Anderson&#39;s contract. SO if isaih can trade him, that, to me, is a real positive deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007@Jul 7 2004, 10:19 AM
    You&#39;re the GM of the NY Knicks. You are Isaiah Thomas. What can you do to improve your club? You are hampered by the cap, and a bunch of players that are not very desireable.

I believe thatís what you were probably were saying prior to Thomas. The man has player connections, and expect a Vince Carter or something similar type move involving Houston.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TampaT@Jul 13 2004, 10:27 AM
    I believe thatís what you were probably were saying prior to Thomas. The man has player connections, and expect a Vince Carter or something similar type move involving Houston.
    Expecting someone on Carter&#39;s magnitude is asking for a lot. Crawford and Big "Z" from the Cavs would be most welcome.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mbn007@Jul 13 2004, 12:54 PM
    Expecting someone on Carter&#39;s magnitude is asking for a lot. Crawford and Big "Z" from the Cavs would be most welcome.
    I understand that, but did you think Marbury would be a Knick?

Thomas has a score to settle. Expect a BIG coaching & player splash.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TampaT+Jul 13 2004, 12:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaT @ Jul 13 2004, 12:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mbn007@Jul 13 2004, 12:54 PM
    I understand that, but did you think Marbury would be a Knick?

Thomas has a score to settle. Expect a BIG coaching & player splash. [/b][/quote]
    If Walker is the big splash, forget it. I&#39;ll take Crawford and Big Z.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TampaT+Jul 13 2004, 11:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TampaT @ Jul 13 2004, 11:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mbn007@Jul 7 2004, 10:19 AM
    You&#39;re the GM of the NY Knicks. You are Isaiah Thomas. What can you do to improve your club? You are hampered by the cap, and a bunch of players that are not very desireable.

I believe thatís what you were probably were saying prior to Thomas. The man has player connections, and expect a Vince Carter or something similar type move involving Houston. [/b][/quote]
    I agree. I would love to see this happen. I think Vince would be a definite improvement over Houston. From the Knicks to the Raptors, there would have to be some other incentives (players) added to the trade for this to actually happen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks should call Ratner and offer some lottery protected picks for J-Kidd Angry

Hey, when you see a sucker ... strike while the iron is hot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jul 16 2004, 09:54 AM
    Knicks should call Ratner and offer some lottery protected picks for J-Kidd Angry

Hey, when you see a sucker ... strike while the iron is hot
    We gave them all away in the Marbury deal. :lol:

TomShane
    I think Isiah should lock Kurt Thomas up to a max deal. That would be the same as if Ratner locked KMart up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jul 16 2004, 04:28 PM
    I think Isiah should lock Kurt Thomas up to a max deal. That would be the same as if Ratner locked KMart up.
    He gave him 4 years, &#036;30 million. Somehow, that makes this piece of %#&&#036;& very tradable and desireable in the NBA to other teams :unsure: :blink: ????