Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A personal story...what i got for the 4th

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we are getting the house ready for a party/BBQ at the house and straightening
    out the yard and all and my wife asks me for help cleaning the boat out in case anyone wants to ride,
    I live on a lake and have a small peddle boat in the yard....anyway she washes out the boat and needs
    me to flip it over to get teh
    water out and she can hose it down so I turn it over and here is what I find..........................

[img]http://www.pestproducts.com/images/pyrsnk.jpg[/img]

no big deal I think, I keep the boat hoisted up and tell her to run and get my

machete from teh garage while this little ****er is staring at me about 2 feet
    away from me, on the way back my wife decides she cant get close enough
    to hand me my machete and starts freakin out crying and shaking, having a
    panic attack (she is scared to death of snakes) finally she throws me the
    machete and I chop the fockers head off, I throw him in the back of my truck
    and go down the block to teh pet stor and find out the bastid is a venomous
    Rattle Snake, let me tell you this wildlife crap is not for a city boy like me

I was thinking maybe I should get a BB gun like husker to rid myself of these vermin

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://www.rattle.free-online.co.uk/photoindex1.jpg[/img]

a picture says a hundred words B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would deff. get a b-b gun ,,,,,,shoot all those little bastards....my neibor has a pond in his yard and every once in a while he gets these big ass snakes in it...he shoots them with a b-b gun too!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude that is a pretty cool story I must say. yeah, I heard snakes like boats

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you bring that up

I ran into this bastid not 2 weeks ago

[img]http://ntri.tamuk.edu/herpetarium/viperidae/s.m.miliarius/carolina2.jpg[/img]

Carolina pygmy rattler. The bastid never moved....and wanted at me in the worst way

Didn't mess with him...let him go around the house into the pine needles!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah man the bastid just looked at me like...what *****>?????

the guy at the store said , s**t he's poisonous you should have run, he's not scared of you!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have had the same reaction as your wife! :ph34r:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :o ..Am I understanding this correctly.
    You DIDNT know that this was a rattle snake until AFTER you chopped off its head and went to the pet store?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b] I would have had the same reaction as your wife! :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    she'd deathly afraid and has nightmares from time to time about snakes

I thought she was joking then I saw the tears and she was shaking and I felt bad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by D-BYRD[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b] :o ..Am I understanding this correctly.
    You DIDNT know that this was a rattle snake until AFTER you chopped off its head and went to the pet store? [/b][/quote]
    I saw the bastid and noticed he was alot darker than any snakes I had ever seen around here
    but I noticed taht he didn't have a rattle on his tail so I thought whatever
    and he was literally two feet from my feet when I was holding up the boat
    then the guy at the pet store said that the Eastern Rattler doesn't have the
    "rattle" on his tail, so no I didn't know till afterwords

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    carry a shotgun. my friends uncle saw a rattle snake on the road sleeping, and he took out his f'n shotgun and shot the big mother to a million pieces!! LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know it was a rattler until I looked him up on the computer.

I saw his tail...but these rattlers have smaller rattlers then say Diamondbacks!!!

Still....he was a cocky bastard.....and didn't even flinch when i saw him.

He was slithering along the divider in the driveway!! When I walked up...he stopped and turned his head and looked right at me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] I didn't know it was a rattler until I looked him up on the computer.

I saw his tail...but these rattlers have smaller rattlers then say Diamondbacks!!!

Still....he was a cocky bastard.....and didn't even flinch when i saw him.

He was slithering along the divider in the driveway!! When I walked up...he stopped and turned his head and looked right at me. [/b][/quote]

LMFAO

he wanted YOU!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Jul 7 2004, 12:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Jul 7 2004, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--D-BYRD[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b] :o ..Am I understanding this correctly.
    You DIDNT know that this was a rattle snake until AFTER you chopped off its head and went to the pet store? [/b][/quote]
    I saw the bastid and noticed he was alot darker than any snakes I had ever seen around here
    but I noticed taht he didn&#39;t have a rattle on his tail so I thought whatever
    and he was literally two feet from my feet when I was holding up the boat
    then the guy at the pet store said that the Eastern Rattler doesn&#39;t have the
    "rattle" on his tail, so no I didn&#39;t know till afterwords [/b][/quote]
    AAhhhhh, I&#39;m gett&#39;in the freakin weebie-gebbies ,I hate snakes,scare me to death.
    Your lucky MB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate snakes. Luckily here in NYC the worst I have ever seen in the wild was a nest of garter snakes....they bite but not poisonous at all.

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Your a lucky bas**** MEAN BRO Your wife had the opportunity to cut your head off while throwing you rthe MACHATEE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 12:20 PM
    [b] I didn&#39;t know it was a rattler until I looked him up on the computer.

I saw his tail...but these rattlers have smaller rattlers then say Diamondbacks&#33;&#33;&#33;

Still....he was a cocky bastard.....and didn&#39;t even flinch when i saw him.

He was slithering along the divider in the driveway&#33;&#33; When I walked up...he stopped and turned his head and looked right at me. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, I don&#39;t remember if it was on Old South or Old Carolina off the Island but I could not have been more than a 2 feet off the fairway, poking my 7 iron into a pile of sh*t when I heard and saw a fuc**** snake that would have had me for lunch. To this day my buddy from St Louis and myself will not look for anytihing out of the freaking fairway&#33; Mulligans have multiplied to 2 per 9. I won&#39;t even discuss the 6 foot gator like 3 feet from us on the backside of a teebox sunning himself&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha good one mean bro...

heres a good site with pics to id snakes around florida....

[url=http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/herpetology/fl-guide/venomsnk.htm]http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/herpetolog...de/venomsnk.htm[/url]

heres my scary and similar story....

we just woke up. i was in bed and my wife got up and took the dogs for their daily routine of opening up the sliding glass doors and letting them run around the pool which is in a screened enclosure.

so im lying there all groggy and i hear the SCREAMS OF DEATH. i shot out of bed like a bat outta hell and my wife is still screaming like a maniac. I look out and there is a black snake like 2 foot long. theres my 6 pound min pin Pepper right there next to it growling and snapping at it. The dog is scared of nothing.
    I run up to them, about 4 feet away and im yelling for Pepper to get in the house but she wants blood. what could i do? if i get pepper i away i could get bit. if i dont get her, shes going to get bit.so i grabbed the pool skimmer pole thing and hit her and she ran back in the house . the snake starts to freak out and crawl fast. he jumps in the pool and hes swimming like a freak and i got him in the skimmer and had just enough time to throw him out the screen door and into the yard. I watched him melt away below the grass like it was soup. scary stuff. thats why i dont walk in grass in florida.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    UGH.............

I&#39;ll stick to City life, thank you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this IS the city lol