Thread: STEVE MCNAIR IS A DRUNK DRIVER

Banned
    ahahhahhaahhaha did anybody just see the footage of him getting arrested on Sportscenter?

1.8 alchohol blood content level, the legal limit is 1

If it does go to trial, it won't be until this winter

Kangaroo F*cker
    That happened 15 or so months ago. He was over the limit so should lose his license for a while, although I have no idea what the laws are down there.

His attorney is trying to say the police had no reason to pull him over in the first place. What a load of crap. The guy was nearly 2 times over the legal limit so I'm sure he may have been a little unsteady behind the wheel.

McNair also used the classic, "Do you know who I am" line when the police pulled him over. The officer simply replied, "Yes."

Not for nothing but is it illegal for the police to let this info out before it goes to trial..especially on national TV?

Lawyers/Gun of Bavaria?

I would think it would be right?

Kangaroo F*cker
    Not that I know anything about the law, but wouldn't a video be the same as a police report, i.e. Public record? TV stations and newspapers get their hands on police reports and criminal historys all the time.

A great example would be Court TV's thesmokinggun.com All kinds of good stuff on that site.

I doubt it is illegal.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't McNair also have a handgun in his car as well?

Yep he had a handgun.

He'll probably get a small suspension on his license and no jail time. A regular civilian though......

Kangaroo F*cker
    I believe he had a permit for the gun (and I don't blame him for having a weapon) but it was concealed and that isn't legal.

If there is justice he will lose his license for a while, go on probation (or do community service), and then pay fines for the drunk driving and firearm violations.

Of course this will be dragged out until 2005 so I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 07:05 PM
    [b] Not for nothing but is it illegal for the police to let this info out before it goes to trial..especially on national TV?

Lawyers/Gun of Bavaria?

I would think it would be right? [/b][/quote]
    Not that I know of. I believe that media and others can request the video under the Freedom Of Information Act.

what was he drinking when he was caught?

LL

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo[/i]@Jul 7 2004, 07:30 PM
    [b] I believe he had a permit for the gun (and I don't blame him for having a weapon) but it was concealed and that isn't legal.

[/b][/quote]
    not quite gainzo...

he had a weapon- legal

it was concealed- legal

he had a permit to carry it concealed- legal

BUT.....he was driving under the influence and had a legal gun in his possession while he was intoxicated and the gun then became illegal to possess while intoxicated and that is what the gun charge was about

kinda crazy, but thats the law