Thread: why even tell us now..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    a huge attack BUT we don't know where or when...what the hell are these idiots paid to do then..

'Ridge Warns of 'Large-Scale Attack' Plan

WASHINGTON (AP) - Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said Thursday that there is "credible" information indicating that al-Qaida is moving ahead with plans for a "large-scale attack" in the U.S. aimed at disrupting the November elections.

Ridge said it's clear that al-Qaida has the capability to carry out such an attack. He said U.S. authorities don't have information on the time, place or method, but that they're "actively working" to gain that knoweldge

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bman - if an attack succeeds, you could always point to this vague intelligence warning and blame Bush for not pre-empting the attack...kind of like how you blame him for not pre-empting 9-11 based on some vague intel, and after learning that all of the 9-11 perps were in country long before Bush took office and the attack had been planned for 5 years. You could also then turn around and blame Bush for pre-empting an attack from Iraq, or from a terrorist group supported by Iraq, and say that while the intel this pre-emptive strike was based on was universally believed to be valid, by many nations and US administrations, nevertheless Bush lied about it because, while being a dim-witted man, he was able to know something that no one else in the world did. Throw in words like "robber baron, oil, imperialism and paradigm" and you'll sound like Noam Chomsky, only less pedantic and abstruse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    telling us that there is a threat BUT WE have NO idae when, where or how is pointless...Then TELL us EXactly what you are hearing..b/c they obvioulsly can't decifer it! ...but maybe some reference (like the 9 train) will mean something to me!

OR, they announce this crap today to get people away from talking about Kerry/edwards...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:31 AM
    [b] a huge attack BUT we don't know where or when...what the hell are these idiots paid to do then..

'Ridge Warns of 'Large-Scale Attack' Plan

WASHINGTON (AP) - Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said Thursday that there is "credible" information indicating that al-Qaida is moving ahead with plans for a "large-scale attack" in the U.S. aimed at disrupting the November elections.

Ridge said it's clear that al-Qaida has the capability to carry out such an attack. He said U.S. authorities don't have information on the time, place or method, but that they're "actively working" to gain that knoweldge [/b][/quote]
    You are such an idiot.

Actually I take that back, you give idiots a bad name.

You are a jackmule.

1st of all, do you think an administration, Republican or Democratic, is just going to come out in Public and say, 'we have a general threat that the polling station at the Princeton Elementary School in St. Clair Shores, MI may be attacked by John Q. Arab at 7:53pm'??

Not a chance. You let the enemy know that you're aware of their plans they change them and make you start all over. Keeping the specific details secret allow LE to concentrate their efforts you dolt.

2nd of all, their intell may only indicate a general plan to disrupt elections through increased chatter and other indications, something you have no idea of. You can't give specific plans if you don't have them yet.

It's basic f-ing common sense you moron.

Climb out from underneath Michael Moore's sweaty ass cheeks and start thinking for yourself for once.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:16 PM
    [b] telling us that there is a threat BUT WE have NO idae when, where or how is pointless...Then TELL us EXactly what you are hearing..b/c they obvioulsly can't decifer it! ...but maybe some reference (like the 9 train) will mean something to me!

OR, they announce this crap today to get people away from talking about Kerry/edwards... [/b][/quote]
    So, they should make public the exact, specific knowledge that they have, allowing the terrorists to also learn what it is they know, and then, possibly, how they came to know it which could compromise our ability to gain future intelligence from the same source? Can't you see the problems that poses, not to mention the likely fact that terrorists can pull a bait and switch or other types of disinformation in a deliberate attempt to divert our attention away from the "real" targets?

Things are not as simple as you think, and anyone can sit back with their arms folded and pick apart things out of context or based on woefully incomplete information and iunnformed analysis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could you imagine Bman working undercover?

He'd be at the local drug dens saying, "just to be fair, there may be a police operation here later today". :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I agree with your point there...(5ever)

But it would not surprise me at all if this is not purely political in nature..Ridge is a good old repub anyway. After all, they are not telling us anything different from what they said a month ago! so why repeat it today?

and gun..you are beyong pathetic..go have some pork rinds and pipe down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously hope there is no attack, but if one should occur I fear it would boost Bush rather than hurt his chances in November.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:33 PM
    [b] Yes I agree with your point there...(5ever)

But it would not surprise me at all if this is not purely political in nature..Ridge is a good old repub anyway. After all, they are not telling us anything different from what they said a month ago! so why repeat it today?

and gun..you are beyong pathetic..go have some pork rinds and pipe down. [/b][/quote]
    WOW......

One minute you guys ***** about not being informed, the country not being prepared, yada yada yada, and the next you're *****ing about being warned too much.

Which one is it going to be?

You think a person would allow his/her country to be in harms way based on what they feel would be the political outcome? You're a fool.

Pork rinds, original.

I'll pipe down the day you stop posting your absolute crap tough guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jul 8 2004, 12:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jul 8 2004, 12:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:33 PM

But it would not surprise me at all if this is not purely political in nature..Ridge is a good old repub anyway. After all, they are not telling us anything different from what they said a month ago&#33; so why repeat it today?

and gun..you are beyong pathetic..go have some pork rinds and pipe down. [/b][/quote]
    WOW......

One minute you guys ***** about not being informed, the country not being prepared, yada yada yada, and the next you&#39;re *****ing about being warned too much.

Which one is it going to be?

[/b][/quote]
    whichever one fits their political agenda...did you notice the starter of this thread began a different one yesterday berating the President for finishing a story he was reading to school children on 9-11 rather then jumping up and franctically running about?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:33 PM

But it would not surprise me at all if this is not purely political in nature..Ridge is a good old repub anyway. After all, they are not telling us anything different from what they said a month ago&#33; so why repeat it today?

bman - fine, that&#39;s completely different, then. That is your right to have those suspicions, even though I don&#39;t share them. Neither one of us can disprove the other, so we are at a stalemate.

It&#39;s a tough call for these guys. If they keep quiet, people could ask, "What have they been doing all this time?&#33;?" If they say things, they invite criticisms for the content or the timing of any releases. It&#39;s a tough, tough job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]You think a person would allow his/her country to be in harms way based on what they feel would be the political outcome? You&#39;re a fool.
    [/b][/quote]

Come on...you are smarter than that. Look at this rationally. What purpose does posing these vague warnings serve? Everyone knows to be on the lookout for "suspicious" activity.

What I would like to hear is an announcment that they foiled a plot and captured the people plotting an attack. Then I want to see credible evidence of an immanent threat, not some crayon drawings of Bush dying or some crap like that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunate in today&#39;s world we have to be alert at all times-also unfortunate that you have to bluff if you will and give terrorists something to think about. This alert is to keep everyone focused but I would not be surprised if it is done partially also to keep them guessing on what we actually do know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    or IMHO, to get people NOT thinking about Kerry.Edwards...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Unfortunate in today&#39;s world we have to be alert at all times-also unfortunate that you have to bluff if you will and give terrorists something to think about. This alert is to keep everyone focused but I would not be surprised if it is done partially also to keep them guessing on what we actually do know. [/b][/quote]

Fair enough, that makes some sense. But it seems to me that it has turned into a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. The American people no longer take heed when one of these warnings come out, and the terrorists I&#39;m sure have realized that we dont know &#036;hit about what they are up to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Unfortunate in today&#39;s world we have to be alert at all times-also unfortunate that you have to bluff if you will and give terrorists something to think about. This alert is to keep everyone focused but I would not be surprised if it is done partially also to keep them guessing on what we actually do know. [/b][/quote]

Fair enough, that makes some sense. But it seems to me that it has turned into a "boy who cried wolf" scenario. The American people no longer take heed when one of these warnings come out, and the terrorists I&#39;m sure have realized that we dont know &#036;hit about what they are up to. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s true, Section. But they are likely not counting on you or me or Johnny Punchclock to thwart any potential impending attacks. These messages are likely meant for local law enforcement personnel and other related figures of authority, in addition to the possible gamesmanship mentioned above with regards to the terrorists. I agree that they are bizarre and easy to ridicule. At some point, regardless of party affilition, we have to trust that our leaders are doing the best they can in a good faith effort to protect us. We simply don&#39;t know enough to have informed opinions as to why they do what they do when they do it. We&#39;re all pissing in the wind here on this one...each uninformed opinion on this thread is equally valid, since we simply don&#39;t and will never know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    True Jet5ever
    Not one of us will really ever know about the real threats out there-and that is where your and my and everyone&#39;s individual opinion of the administration and their policies and leadership will influence whether we trust these proclamations or not.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jul 8 2004, 12:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jul 8 2004, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:31 AM
    [b] a huge attack BUT we don&#39;t know where or when...what the hell are these idiots paid to do then..

&#39;Ridge Warns of &#39;Large-Scale Attack&#39; Plan

Ridge said it&#39;s clear that al-Qaida has the capability to carry out such an attack. He said U.S. authorities don&#39;t have information on the time, place or method, but that they&#39;re "actively working" to gain that knoweldge [/b][/quote]
    You are such an idiot.

You are a jackmule.

1st of all, do you think an administration, Republican or Democratic, is just going to come out in Public and say, &#39;we have a general threat that the polling station at the Princeton Elementary School in St. Clair Shores, MI may be attacked by John Q. Arab at 7:53pm&#39;??

Not a chance. You let the enemy know that you&#39;re aware of their plans they change them and make you start all over. Keeping the specific details secret allow LE to concentrate their efforts you dolt.

2nd of all, their intell may only indicate a general plan to disrupt elections through increased chatter and other indications, something you have no idea of. You can&#39;t give specific plans if you don&#39;t have them yet.

It&#39;s basic f-ing common sense you moron.

Climb out from underneath Michael Moore&#39;s sweaty ass cheeks and start thinking for yourself for once. [/b][/quote]
    Guns...thank you for posting that. Good to see someone still has common sense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Jul 8 2004, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Jul 8 2004, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -The Gun Of Bavaria@Jul 8 2004, 12:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:31 AM
    [b] a huge attack BUT we don&#39;t know where or when...what the hell are these idiots paid to do then..

&#39;Ridge Warns of &#39;Large-Scale Attack&#39; Plan

Ridge said it&#39;s clear that al-Qaida has the capability to carry out such an attack. He said U.S. authorities don&#39;t have information on the time, place or method, but that they&#39;re "actively working" to gain that knoweldge [/b][/quote]
    You are such an idiot.

You are a jackmule.

1st of all, do you think an administration, Republican or Democratic, is just going to come out in Public and say, &#39;we have a general threat that the polling station at the Princeton Elementary School in St. Clair Shores, MI may be attacked by John Q. Arab at 7:53pm&#39;??

Not a chance. You let the enemy know that you&#39;re aware of their plans they change them and make you start all over. Keeping the specific details secret allow LE to concentrate their efforts you dolt.

2nd of all, their intell may only indicate a general plan to disrupt elections through increased chatter and other indications, something you have no idea of. You can&#39;t give specific plans if you don&#39;t have them yet.

It&#39;s basic f-ing common sense you moron.

Climb out from underneath Michael Moore&#39;s sweaty ass cheeks and start thinking for yourself for once. [/b][/quote]
    Guns...thank you for posting that. Good to see someone still has common sense. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, and you&#39;ve also inspired me to brush up on my namecalling. that was quite a verbal lashing...... hope the mods don&#39;t find fault with it though........naaawwwwwwwww, sooth stated many times he doesn&#39;t mind personal attacks on the political forum.......... A big thank you in advance if this forum gets shut down

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:23 PM
    [b] 1st of all, do you think an administration, Republican or Democratic, is just going to come out in Public and say, &#39;we have a general threat that the polling station at the Princeton Elementary School in St. Clair Shores, MI may be attacked by John Q. Arab at 7:53pm&#39;??

2nd of all, their intell may only indicate a general plan to disrupt elections through increased chatter and other indications, something you have no idea of. You can&#39;t give specific plans if you don&#39;t have them yet. [/b][/quote]
    seriously, no sarcasm intended, why say anything at all? to what end?