Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even The French View Moore's Film

The daily newspaper Le Monde wrote: "To affirm ... that it was crowned (in Cannes) for its cinemagraphic qualities is either proof of incompetence, a pure lie or a cynical joke."

Le Monde said the film more closely resembles propaganda, and it carried a separate article to separate "truths" from "errors" in the film.

Moore, in an interview with Liberation, said the movie "presents my own version of the facts."

Even less kind was France's superstar philosopher, Bernard-Henri Levy, who dismissed "Fahrenheit 9/11" as dishonest.

"When Michael Moore describes Iraq, before the American intervention, as a sort of oasis of peace and happiness, where people flew kites .... there wasn't only that," Levy said on RTL radio.

Levy noted that he opposed the war and considers Bush a "catastrophe for America." But, he added: "Saddam Hussein was also a horrible dictator. And that is not in the film of Michael Moore."

Actually most of Europe and the world sees america as a superpower who has lost it's way....ever since 9-11

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:39 AM
    [b] Actually most of Europe and the world sees america as a superpower who has lost it's way....ever since 9-11 [/b][/quote]
    And most of America views Europe as an ungrateful continent that started two world wars that the US had to bail them out of....

What's your pont????

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Jul 8 2004, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Jul 8 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:39 AM
    [b] Actually most of Europe and the world sees america as a superpower who has lost it&#39;s way....ever since 9-11 [/b][/quote]
    And most of America views Europe as an ungrateful continent that started two world wars that the US had to bail them out of....

What&#39;s your pont???? [/b][/quote]
    An American walks up to a frenchman and asks, "do you know how to speak german?"

The frog responds, "no"

The American then tells the frenchman "You&#39;re welcome&#33;"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who cares what the Frogs Think. They are a nation of cowards.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][b]The daily newspaper Le Monde wrote[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]in an interview with Liberation[/b][/quote]

[quote][b]France&#39;s superstar philosopher, Bernard-Henri Levy[/b][/quote]

Right-wing wackos. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:39 AM
    [b] Actually most of Europe and the world sees america as a superpower who has lost it&#39;s way....ever since 9-11 [/b][/quote]
    First of all F The French.

Second of all, bman, unless you&#39;re European, I&#39;d stop characterizing Europe&#39;s Group thoughts on America.

But i&#39;m sure Michael Moore told you that too. :lol:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:31 AM
    [b] Moore, in an interview with Liberation, said the movie "presents my own version of the facts."
    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah and on the moon, he doesn&#39;t have a weight problem.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] Who cares what the Frogs Think. They are a nation of cowards. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey Jetmaam, what&#39;s your racial background?

for spirit of dweeb...
    have you seen the movie yet..if not, then don&#39;t comment on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by CanadaJet+Jul 8 2004, 02:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (CanadaJet @ Jul 8 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetman67[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:56 AM

hey Jetmaam, what&#39;s your racial background? [/b][/quote]
    I dont think my remarks were racial. I like people of all races. My remarks were an international slur. As far as racial background, I am white. My best friend is black. There is a big difference between racism and not liking a country.

not really&#33;
    How is France a Nation of cowards...
    That&#39;s like saying the US is a nation of white supremacists...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How many times has the US bailed out France?? I believe they were once completely conquered by Hitler. When it comes time for them to help us, they run and hide.

I agree with you&#33; if not for the the US the french would be eating bratwurst right now..

But when it comes to the iraq war I agreed with them...

All League
    [url=http://www.nps.gov/stli/prod02.htm#Statue%20of]http://www.nps.gov/stli/prod02.htm#Statue%20of[/url]

Statue of Liberty History

The Statue of Liberty National Monument officially celebrated her 100th birthday on October 28, 1986. The people of France gave the Statue to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution. Over the years, the Statue of Liberty has grown to include freedom and democracy as well as this international friendship.

[img]http://www.nps.gov/stli/graphics/stup1.jpg[/img]

[quote][i]Originally posted by CanadaJet+Jul 8 2004, 02:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (CanadaJet @ Jul 8 2004, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetman67[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:56 AM

JetMan calling the French frogs has nothing to do with race.... It has everything to do with culture....

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 03:30 PM
    [b]
    How is France a Nation of cowards...
    [/b][/quote]
    France is a nation of cowards that first tries to appease their enemies....

If that doesn&#39;t work, they depend on others...ie.... US and Britain to defeat their enemies for them....

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 03:47 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.nps.gov/stli/prod02.htm#Statue%20of]http://www.nps.gov/stli/prod02.htm#Statue%20of[/url]

The Statue of Liberty National Monument officially celebrated her 100th birthday on October 28, 1986. The people of France gave the Statue to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution. Over the years, the Statue of Liberty has grown to include freedom and democracy as well as this international friendship.

[img]http://www.nps.gov/stli/graphics/stup1.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Ha...I was going to post the same thing. The symbol mostly used by America to display their "freedom" was given to them by the people they like to slag the most. <_<

[quote][i]Originally posted by CanadaJet+Jul 8 2004, 03:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (CanadaJet @ Jul 8 2004, 03:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Section109Row15[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 03:47 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.nps.gov/stli/prod02.htm#Statue%20of]http://www.nps.gov/stli/prod02.htm#Statue%20of[/url]

[img]http://www.nps.gov/stli/graphics/stup1.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Ha...I was going to post the same thing. The symbol mostly used by America to display their "freedom" was given to them by the people they like to slag the most. <_< [/b][/quote]
    People who actually had a pair 130 years ago.....

They&#39;ve changed....

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Jul 8 2004, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Jul 8 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -CanadaJet@Jul 8 2004, 02:59 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--jetman67[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 11:56 AM

I dont think my remarks were racial. I like people of all races. My remarks were an international slur. As far as racial background, I am white. My best friend is black. There is a big difference between racism and not liking a country. [/b][/quote]
    You don&#39;t "like" France so they&#39;re a bunch of "frogs"?

"International slur" vs racial slur...are you kidding me?

Dude, I don&#39;t give a sh*t if your pal is friggin&#39; purple...you sir, are a bigot.