Thread: Does anyone know when they have family night ?

During training camp they have a family night where players sighn autographs, does anyone know when it is?? Thanks, Kevin

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE BODY[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 01:12 PM
    [b] During training camp they have a family night where players sighn autographs, does anyone know when it is?? Thanks, Kevin [/b][/quote]

Call (516) 560 - 8288 for more details. Haven't seen you on the board in a while, welcome back from va-ca, Kevin? ;)

hey thanx limolady. Whats new and exciting over here? Been out of the loop!! You from long island?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE BODY[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 03:16 PM
    [b] hey thanx limolady. Whats new and exciting over here? Been out of the loop!! You from long island? [/b][/quote]
    No, I'm from Brooklyn, but I spend alot of my down time in Uniondale, Hempstead and Westbury. ;) And yes, you have been out of the loop, the #88 Anthony Becht bashing threads kind of subsided since you last posted here. :P

What's new and exciting with you? Will I be seeing you at training camp this season and are you thinking about coming to the VIP party on Saturday night, July 31st @Bogart's? ;)

The Bogarts party sounds interesting. Sounds good to me. Having alot of people?? I'm a suffolk county boy out in the woods, just hangin at work. So the Becht bashing slowed down? He just seems to do it for alot of people!!

Accoding to the jets website it's Thursday August 5th at 7:30

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE BODY[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 03:50 PM
    [b] The Bogarts party sounds interesting. Sounds good to me. Having alot of people?? I'm a suffolk county boy out in the woods, just hangin at work. So the Becht bashing slowed down? He just seems to do it for alot of people!! [/b][/quote]
    Oh yes, I am expecting alot of the Jet collective. ;) This party has been blasted out and pinned on a few Jet message boards and Profootballcentral.com has been hyping it on their website and PFC Live Radio show. B)

There will also be a few surprizes in store, but I can't leak the 411. Alot of us are staying over at the Uniondale Marriott on Saturday night, we don't want people drinking and driving home after the bash. :unsure:

Hope you can make it and for the record I :wub: Anthony Becht and think he is a good player, not great, but he did really step up to the plate last season even though we had no shot at the playoffs. That tells me he's got heart and deserves a starting spot again this season. B)

you ever meet him? I guess you dig big italian guys. You love VT also?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE BODY[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:57 PM
    [b] you ever meet him? I guess you dig big italian guys. You love VT also? [/b][/quote]
    Yes I have met Anthony quite a few times. He is an absolute sweetheart and the first guy to volunteer for all the Jets charity events and fan autograph signings. And I do think he is a good player, despite all the "couldn't catch a cold" jokes by our Jets constituants. ;)

As for VT, in my opinion, a bit overrated, but he did do a decent job for us at QB when he wasn't hurt.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys get some serious playing time this season, especially Dave "Yogi" Yovanovits #64 at Guard. I hear Coach Marrone has been working with him and should give #78 Jonathan Goodwin a run for the money at training camp this year.

As for "Italian players" yes, they do hold a special place with me because I am Italian, but right now my affections belong to a 6'7" Croatian tackle that I am championing to make the team and hopefully get a little pre-season playing time.

We shall see. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:16 PM
    [b]

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys get some serious playing time this season, especially Dave "Knish" Yovanovits #64 at Guard. I hear Coach Marrone has been working with him and should give #78 Jonathan Goodwin a run for the money at training camp this year.
    [/b][/quote]
    The Knish baby!!!

That's what I'm talking about!!

Who is this Yogi??

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Jul 8 2004, 05:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Jul 8 2004, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:16 PM
    [b]

I&#39;m looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys get some serious playing time this season, especially Dave "Knish" Yovanovits #64 at Guard. I hear Coach Marrone has been working with him and should give #78 Jonathan Goodwin a run for the money at training camp this year.
    [/b][/quote]
    The Knish baby&#33;&#33;&#33;

That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about&#33;&#33;

Who is this Yogi?? [/b][/quote]
    JonE, I think it&#39;s quite endearing that you are calling #64 "the knish". But it seems that Mr. Yovanovits has already gotten a nickname at training camp from his peers and coaches and they are calling him "Yogi".

You can call him the knish, but he answers to Yogi, or Dave, or hey you #64........... :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady+Jul 8 2004, 04:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Limolady @ Jul 8 2004, 04:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -JonEJet@Jul 8 2004, 05:19 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:16 PM
    [b]

I&#39;m looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys get some serious playing time this season, especially Dave "Knish" Yovanovits #64 at Guard. I hear Coach Marrone has been working with him and should give #78 Jonathan Goodwin a run for the money at training camp this year.
    [/b][/quote]
    The Knish baby&#33;&#33;&#33;

That&#39;s what I&#39;m talking about&#33;&#33;

Who is this Yogi?? [/b][/quote]
    JonE, I think it&#39;s quite endearing that you are calling #64 "the knish". But it seems that Mr. Yovanovits has already gotten a nickname at training camp from his peers and coaches and they are calling him "Yogi".

You can call him the knish, but he answers to Yogi, or Dave, or hey you #64........... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    The Yogi nickname goes back to his days at Temple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 07:01 PM
    [b] You can call him the knish, but he answers to Yogi, or Dave, or hey you #64........... :lol: [/QUOTE]
    The Yogi nickname goes back to his days at Temple. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks BklynJet&#33; ;) I saw Yogi at training camp last season and told him about the "knish" nickname, the man does not even know what a knish is........... :P

But, I think it&#39;s cute that some of the men on the board would nickname a player after a fried and stuffed potato snack. :blink: :blink: :blink: