Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Addition of Barton

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jul 8 2004, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jul 8 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 02:59 PM
    [b]
    TX come on now, Barton is a veteran with playoff/superbowl experience and he&#39;s 26 years old. So you&#39;re telling me that LB&#39;s slow down at 26? :huh: [b]You are the consimate pessimist TX. [/b]Will Barton be defensive player of the year? Probably not but he will be an impact player and a playmaker. That&#39;s not being optimistic, that&#39;s very realistic. ;) [/b][/quote]

Arod, my bad on the age. (I should have read Limo&#39;s 411).

Exactly where am I being pessimistic? Twice in this thread I have stated that Barton was a nice pick-up at a great price.

And Zombo, you are correct. The addition of Barton will be a huge impact [b]over what the Jets had last year[/b]. [/b][/quote]

[quote][b]He will be a very steady performer, but not a Pro-Bowl, huge impact player.[/b][/quote]
    A very steady performer? Gimme a break TX.
    By stating he&#39;s 2 years older your implying he&#39;s lost a step and at 26 I think not. Then you state he&#39;s in a new system as if he will have some tremendous learning curve. Barton is a veteran with experience under his belt - postseason experience included. He&#39;s not a rookie fresh out of college. He&#39;s a smart instinctive player and shouldn&#39;t have a problem picking up the new system. Both things you mentioned had negative implications to me TX, that&#39;s pessimistic.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: are some of you that bored that you have to question if Barton will be any help to us???? :blink: I mean damn the man is a solid starting NFL linebacker...what more do u want??? And to the chowd that called him a second tier LB........lol.....I look at the Patriots LB corp and ours...we just got alot younger and faster.

Too much second geussing by you people....some of you still make Santana sound like he&#39;s injury prone...you seconed guessed Barrett without even seeing him play...you second guessed Mcareins before the draft even though it was a no brainer giving up a second round pick for him. Some of you still second guess C Mart even though season after season he gets his yards....you second guess our so called terrible O line which is not as bad as some of you make it seem.....take a look at the Dolphins "NEW" O-line and also the changes on the patriots o-line.

The Jets just got better and in a few weeks we&#39;ll really see how better they are...till then it makes no sense second guessing players.....especially proven players like Barton, tongue etc.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b]
    Both things you mentioned had negative implications to me TX, that&#39;s pessimistic. [/b][/quote]

OK Arod, he will be a Pro Bowl LB just like you stated Curtis Conway would be last year.

Why is it that every player the Jets sign or draft is automatically an immediate Pro Bowler?

You think for a fan of a team that hasn&#39;t even been to the Big Dance in 35 years you would accept a [b]steady performance[/b] from a 2nd tier FA.

Oh, and don&#39;t forget, Vilma is the next Ray Lewis. :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jul 8 2004, 04:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jul 8 2004, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b]
    Both things you mentioned had negative implications to me TX, that&#39;s pessimistic. [/b][/quote]

OK Arod, he will be a Pro Bowl LB just like you stated Curtis Conway would be last year.

Why is it that every player the Jets sign or draft is automatically an immediate Pro Bowler?

You think for a fan of a team that hasn&#39;t even been to the Big Dance in 35 years you would accept a [b]steady performance[/b] from a 2nd tier FA.

Oh, and don&#39;t forget, Vilma is the next Ray Lewis. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Never said anything about Conway or Barton going to the probowl although I wouldn&#39;t rule it out in Barton&#39;s case, a 26 year old LB with SB experience, not unrealistic IMO. What&#39;s the matter TX, you pissed off cause Bellichicken cut Otis Smith? Forgive me for saying so but you&#39;ve really been a jerk-off the last few weeks. I stated to all of you Patsie fans before this is a Jets board and yes I as well as most other people here will be positive about our teams off-season moves. If you don&#39;t like it or you just want to keep spewing your sarcastic negative crap, [b]there is a Patsies message board that&#39;s calling your name.[/b] ;)

Veteran
    Say it like it is arod&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 05:01 PM
    [b] Say it like it is arod&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    You know I don&#39;t mind the Pats fans when they are legitimately talking football, and I don&#39;t mind a legitimate debate but when they try to put you and your team down everytime you post something positive it&#39;s just gets old after a while.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:59 PM
    [b]
    Forgive me for saying so but you&#39;ve really been a jerk-off the last few weeks. I stated to all of you Patsie fans before this is a Jets board and yes I as well as most other people here will be positive about our teams off-season moves. [/b][/quote]

A little thin-skinned today Arod?

Go back and read my 1st post in this thread. Where is that negative?

Again, Barton will serve the Jets well.

And I forgot, you are a Jets fan.

Your Super Bowl is the off-season with all the moves.

Sorry to rain on that parade, but with all these outstanding, All-Pro, HOF additions that the Jets have had over the years, you think they would have least made it to [b]ONE[/b] Super Bowl.

Anybody besides me ever wonder why we toke Byran Thomas over Napolean Harris. Harris is gonna be the best LB on the raiders next year and a possible pro bowler. N we had an oppurtunity to grab him to one day replace our aging LB core but instead we toke a 2nd string DE to backup two great ones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b]
    he&#39;ll have a huge impact. [/b][/quote]

Is he an upgrade to the Jets LB corps. You bet, but a [b]huge impact[/b] is slightly optomistic. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, if the Jets signed Ray Lewis you&#39;d say the same thing. You don&#39;t have much credibility.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 05:29 PM
    [b] the Jets have had over the years, you think they would have least made it to [b]ONE[/b] Super Bowl. [/b][/quote]
    1968/69. Namath. F*** off&#33;

NYJets83Moss54
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 04:59 PM
    [b] What&#39;s the matter TX, you pissed off cause Bellichicken cut Otis Smith? Forgive me for saying so but you&#39;ve really been a jerk-off the last few weeks. I stated to all of you Patsie fans before this is a Jets board and yes I as well as most other people here will be positive about our teams off-season moves. If you don&#39;t like it or you just want to keep spewing your sarcastic negative crap, [b]there is a Patsies message board that&#39;s calling your name.[/b] ;) [/b][/quote]
    :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: B) Right on bro, just because we actually have an offseason under Bradway where we go out and get players rather than lose them he hates. We should and are happy about Barton, I bet he and other Pats fans were estatic over Colvin, I mean cmon.

Barton was the ONLY bright spot on that horrible Faiders defense last year and the year before he should have made the pro bowl.

He did one hell of a job last year by himself.

With the new additions we have made i don&#39;t see him having to carry us....Hopefully he can be as productive as he was in 02 .If he can, we can have found a GEM at Sam&#39;s Club prices.

He is vocal and a leader on the field....he should be a huge improvment over last years crop.

good job arod, like that other guy said, tell it like it is.

patsfantx is just an annoying troll who needs a diaper change

Maybe some posters were confused by assuming the post was that Barton will be an Impact player, not that he will be a big improvemnent over what you had, resulting in a positive impact on the D.

I dont think the Barton is going to be an IMPACT player, but will have a positive impact on the jets D. The way things are worded can make it sound like something else.

I was thrilled with the Colvin signing last year, the guy got injured, it not like he busted out. It wwas unfortunate that he got injured but I expect him to be back to his old performance level by the end of this year.

I think Barton was the best pick-up that the jets made in the offseason. While Vilma "may" become a star, you never know with picks, but 4 year vets that have played well , even if they are coming off a bad year is more of a sure thing.

Kangaroo F*cker
    He looks like a real solid run-stuffing kind of LB. I looked at his stats on
    [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=4796] ESPN[/url] and he is an absolute upgrade over what the Jets had last year.

He had a great year in 2002, but then again so did the Raiders. He should be a good addition to the D.

Practice Squad
    Arod, I think you explained it ( negativity ) pretty damn well&#33; The kicker
    is, he still doesn&#39;t get it. Obviously not a very bright individual. Either that
    or just completely hardheaded. Why do we have to put up with people? Isn&#39;t
    this a Jets fan board? Sure we could go to the Pats board and spew the same
    crap. But the point would be??? Just to show ignorance??? Please don&#39;t give me the old-
    they&#39;ve been here longer than you, they&#39;re like family crap. Family members get kicked out of the house
    all the time&#33; Just watch Springer&#33;&#33;&#33; Hey, maybe that&#39;s where I saw PatsfanTx the other day&#33; If that wasn&#39;t
    him, he certainly sounds like a qualified individual to appear on Springer&#33;&#33; You know, sometimes I just crack myself up&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[quote][i]Originally posted by PENJET[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 08:46 PM
    [b] The kicker is, he still doesn&#39;t get it. Obviously not a very bright individual. Either that
    or just completely hardheaded. Why do we have to put up with people? Isn&#39;t
    this a Jets fan board? Sure we could go to the Pats board and spew the same
    crap. But the point would be??? Just to show ignorance??? Please don&#39;t give me the old-
    they&#39;ve been here longer than you, they&#39;re like family crap. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve wondered since the first day on this site what these Pat fan dickheads were doing here; they&#39;re trolls and the worst kind of fans. They wait until the Pats have a great year, then come here and dispute everything Jets fans post under the "My team is better" front. Some Jets fans think the Pats posters add something to the board....they&#39;re laughing at you not with you. Time to throw the gloves off...

Kangaroo F*cker
    PENJET and Buzzsaw: If you are looking for a Jets lovefest you have come to the wrong place. This board is fun because you not only have Jets fans you have fans from other AFC East teams.

If you take something posted on a message board about the Jets personally you have major problems.

Once the season starts this place is all football.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Jul 8 2004, 02:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Jul 8 2004, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b]

He will perform as well as any 2-tier FA would.

Steady performance, with a big play here and there, but nothing spectacular over the course of a 16 game schedule.

Is he an upgrade to the Jets LB corps. You bet, but a [b]huge impact[/b] is slightly optomistic. [/b][/quote]
    He was an integral part of the Raiders 2002 superbowl run. [/b][/quote]
    Leave it to the moron troll to downplay a signficant FA upgrade for the Jets, and anybody who the Patriots don&#39;t sign.

Last year, all we heard from Pastryhomerville was "WHOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEAAAA, we signed Roosevelt Colvin."

This year, "Barton is a 2nd tier FA, decent signing, nothing special."

Barton was only one of the top defensive players for the Raiders the last couple of years, especially during the year of their Superbowl run.

He&#39;s a 1st tier FA signing, dumba&#036;&#036;, one of the top FA LB&#39;s signed this off-season.

Colvin would fit the description of a "2nd tier FA signing, MUCH more closely than Barton would."

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19+Jul 8 2004, 10:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Ray Ray19 @ Jul 8 2004, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Jul 8 2004, 02:34 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b]

He will perform as well as any 2-tier FA would.

Steady performance, with a big play here and there, but nothing spectacular over the course of a 16 game schedule.

He was an integral part of the Raiders 2002 superbowl run. [/b][/quote]
    Leave it to the moron troll to downplay a signficant FA upgrade for the Jets, and anybody who the Patriots don&#39;t sign.

Last year, all we heard from Pastryhomerville was "WHOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEAAAA, we signed Roosevelt Colvin."

This year, "Barton is a 2nd tier FA, decent signing, nothing special."

Barton was only one of the top defensive players for the Raiders the last couple of years, especially during the year of their Superbowl run.

He&#39;s a 1st tier FA signing, dumba&#036;&#036;, one of the top FA LB&#39;s signed this off-season.

Colvin would fit the description of a "2nd tier FA signing, MUCH more closely than Barton would." [/b][/quote]
    Barton and Colvin are different style players. Barton is a guy who plays the run. Colvin is a pass-rusher. If Colvin didn&#39;t fracture his hip last year he probably would have had 10+ sacks.