Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Addition of Barton

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    SantanaMoss83
    [quote][b] Anybody besides me ever wonder why we toke Byran Thomas over Napolean Harris. Harris is gonna be the best LB on the raiders next year and a possible pro bowler. N we had an oppurtunity to grab him to one day replace our aging LB core but instead we toke a 2nd string DE to backup two great ones.[/b][/quote]

    Actually from what I heard Harris was sort of a burden on the Raiders last year and performed subpar. I'm a little more upset that the Jets passed on Ed Reed, who is now a top 3 safety in the league.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SantanaMoss83[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 05:38 PM
    [b] Anybody besides me ever wonder why we toke Byran Thomas over Napolean Harris. Harris is gonna be the best LB on the raiders next year and a possible pro bowler. N we had an oppurtunity to grab him to one day replace our aging LB core but instead we toke a 2nd string DE to backup two great ones. [/b][/quote]
    Your right On the money with Napolean harris. Have to remember he never played MLB in his life before coming to Raiders. Definetrly a better Olb than MLB but raiders have more Olb types for 3-4 than inside LBs . Raiders are going to line him up everywhere, will play inside in 3-4 and outside Lb in 4-3.

    With Ted Washington and other big size Dl in front of him he should have a probowl season for raiders. The guy is an animal at 6'3 255 sub 4.5

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sarasota,Fl
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Gainzo+Jul 8 2004, 10:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Gainzo @ Jul 8 2004, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Jul 8 2004, 10:06 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Jul 8 2004, 02:34 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b]
    he&#39;ll have a huge impact. [/b][/quote]

    He will perform as well as any 2-tier FA would.

    Steady performance, with a big play here and there, but nothing spectacular over the course of a 16 game schedule.

    Is he an upgrade to the Jets LB corps. You bet, but a [b]huge impact[/b] is slightly optomistic. [/b][/quote]
    He was an integral part of the Raiders 2002 superbowl run. [/b][/quote]
    Leave it to the moron troll to downplay a signficant FA upgrade for the Jets, and anybody who the Patriots don&#39;t sign.

    Last year, all we heard from Pastryhomerville was "WHOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEAAAA, we signed Roosevelt Colvin."

    This year, "Barton is a 2nd tier FA, decent signing, nothing special."

    Barton was only one of the top defensive players for the Raiders the last couple of years, especially during the year of their Superbowl run.

    He&#39;s a 1st tier FA signing, dumba&#036;&#036;, one of the top FA LB&#39;s signed this off-season.

    Colvin would fit the description of a "2nd tier FA signing, MUCH more closely than Barton would." [/b][/quote]
    Barton and Colvin are different style players. Barton is a guy who plays the run. Colvin is a pass-rusher. If Colvin didn&#39;t fracture his hip last year he probably would have had 10+ sacks. [/b][/quote]
    speculation&#33;could&#39;ve had none.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetfan1020+Jul 9 2004, 06:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetfan1020 @ Jul 9 2004, 06:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Gainzo@Jul 8 2004, 10:14 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Jul 8 2004, 10:06 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Jul 8 2004, 02:34 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b]
    he&#39;ll have a huge impact. [/b][/quote]

    He will perform as well as any 2-tier FA would.

    Steady performance, with a big play here and there, but nothing spectacular over the course of a 16 game schedule.

    Is he an upgrade to the Jets LB corps. You bet, but a [b]huge impact[/b] is slightly optomistic. [/b][/quote]
    He was an integral part of the Raiders 2002 superbowl run. [/b][/quote]
    Leave it to the moron troll to downplay a signficant FA upgrade for the Jets, and anybody who the Patriots don&#39;t sign.

    Last year, all we heard from Pastryhomerville was "WHOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEAAAA, we signed Roosevelt Colvin."

    This year, "Barton is a 2nd tier FA, decent signing, nothing special."

    Barton was only one of the top defensive players for the Raiders the last couple of years, especially during the year of their Superbowl run.

    He&#39;s a 1st tier FA signing, dumba&#036;&#036;, one of the top FA LB&#39;s signed this off-season.

    Colvin would fit the description of a "2nd tier FA signing, MUCH more closely than Barton would." [/b][/quote]
    Barton and Colvin are different style players. Barton is a guy who plays the run. Colvin is a pass-rusher. If Colvin didn&#39;t fracture his hip last year he probably would have had 10+ sacks. [/b][/quote]
    speculation&#33;could&#39;ve had none. [/b][/quote]
    As are any posts regarding Bartons future performance - speculation.

    Ray,

    Tell us all how slow Colvin is and how all his sacks were because of Urlacher, and how the Patsies screwed up by paying him about the same as the Jets are paying Barton. All that &#036;&#036;&#036; for a guy with 22 sacks in 2 yrs. Sad, really.

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sarasota,Fl
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tailgater+Jul 9 2004, 09:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Tailgater @ Jul 9 2004, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetfan1020@Jul 9 2004, 06:39 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Gainzo@Jul 8 2004, 10:14 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Jul 8 2004, 10:06 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Jul 8 2004, 02:34 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@Jul 8 2004, 12:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo[/i]@Jul 8 2004, 12:48 PM
    [b]
    he&#39;ll have a huge impact. [/b][/quote]

    He will perform as well as any 2-tier FA would.

    Steady performance, with a big play here and there, but nothing spectacular over the course of a 16 game schedule.

    Is he an upgrade to the Jets LB corps. You bet, but a [b]huge impact[/b] is slightly optomistic. [/b][/quote]
    He was an integral part of the Raiders 2002 superbowl run. [/b][/quote]
    Leave it to the moron troll to downplay a signficant FA upgrade for the Jets, and anybody who the Patriots don&#39;t sign.

    Last year, all we heard from Pastryhomerville was "WHOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEAAAA, we signed Roosevelt Colvin."

    This year, "Barton is a 2nd tier FA, decent signing, nothing special."

    Barton was only one of the top defensive players for the Raiders the last couple of years, especially during the year of their Superbowl run.

    He&#39;s a 1st tier FA signing, dumba&#036;&#036;, one of the top FA LB&#39;s signed this off-season.

    Colvin would fit the description of a "2nd tier FA signing, MUCH more closely than Barton would." [/b][/quote]
    Barton and Colvin are different style players. Barton is a guy who plays the run. Colvin is a pass-rusher. If Colvin didn&#39;t fracture his hip last year he probably would have had 10+ sacks. [/b][/quote]
    speculation&#33;could&#39;ve had none. [/b][/quote]
    As are any posts regarding Bartons future performance - speculation.

    Ray,

    Tell us all how slow Colvin is and how all his sacks were because of Urlacher, and how the Patsies screwed up by paying him about the same as the Jets are paying Barton. All that &#036;&#036;&#036; for a guy with 22 sacks in 2 yrs. Sad, really. [/b][/quote]
    speculation regarding Colvin not Barton.

  6. #46
    Kangaroo F*cker
    Guest
    Call it speculation if you want but all I did was base my prediction on Colvin getting 10 sacks if he was healthy last year on his 2001 & 2002 performances.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, Colvin was surpassing all expectations before he was hurt. Jees, the guy had 2 sacks, 8 tackles, and a fumble recovery in just 5 quarters of play. I wont bother to project that out, but suffice it to say he was off to a great start.

    The only issue I have on Barton is Limo lady&#39;s post on his Bio. It says he&#39;s only had 4 starts? How does 4 starts equate to a 3 down LB, and a pro bowl season in 2002, like I saw mentioned several time. Just curious, since I don&#39;t know much about him. though I have a few friends on the Raider KFFL board. I&#39;ll see if I can find out more about their thoughts on him this evening

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey patsfanken.


    look up Eric Barton in the search, there is a thread with a link to a raiders fan site about Barton joing the jets, every single raider fan was crying/mad

  9. #49
    NYJets83Moss54
    Guest
    Screw Colvin, Barton rules :D

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    3,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 02:45 PM
    [b] First of all, Colvin was surpassing all expectations before he was hurt. Jees, the guy had 2 sacks, 8 tackles, and a fumble recovery in just 5 quarters of play. I wont bother to project that out, but suffice it to say he was off to a great start.

    The only issue I have on Barton is Limo lady&#39;s post on his Bio. It says he&#39;s only had 4 starts? How does 4 starts equate to a 3 down LB, and a pro bowl season in 2002, like I saw mentioned several time. Just curious, since I don&#39;t know much about him. though I have a few friends on the Raider KFFL board. I&#39;ll see if I can find out more about their thoughts on him this evening [/b][/quote]
    old bio. think about it. 36 games for a guy drafted in 1999? this bio is from about 2001 or so, when he started to really come into his own.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us